Politics & Government Should a baker be forced to bake gay wedding cakes?

Should the gov be able to force a baker to bake gay wedding cakes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If 'smiling buddha' or any other person on this forum dismisses your view, you have nothing to gain by getting offended by it. Nothing. If you choose to clutter the thread with personal attacks, you are making nothing better, for yourself or others. It is childish behaviour. I use the term childish intentionally, because it is possible to grow out of childish habits. I have hope that those who see me as their enemy can grow out of it. For their benefit as well as the benefit of others who use this forum.

You feel that your opinions "devolve" a thread, but I don't think that they do any more so than anyone else's.
I don't believe it is necessarily my opinions, sometimes rather my presence, that can lead some of our less capable posters to trail off into OT personal attacks and petty commentary.

This thread is surely evidence enough of that.

I don't believe it is necessarily my opinions, sometimes rather my presence, that can lead some of our less capable posters to trail off into OT personal attacks and petty commentary.

This thread is surely evidence enough of that.

I don't mind you as a poster tbh. Don't always agree, but generally you bring conversations to the table beyond the "things that please/s**t me" type threads (I like those threads too, but...)

You overplay the conspiracy s**t too much, but I was young once also. And I love it that you are a vocal critic of media. Agree wholeheartedly there...

Not sure what you mean.

I mean it's a convenient position as a self-appointed abtitrator of sorts to 'save' your opinion untill others have been presented. Are you one of those people who goes to quiz nights then says 'I knew that' after each answer is called out by the MC?

But look how quickly this thread devolved once I put my opinions forth.

Note that there has been many times more posts in this thread directed at/about me than replies to my posts on the actual topic.

I am sure the objective person can see the logic in me posting my own opinions in these threads well after the OP.

At least that way we get some discussion on-topic.

A "logical person" may, yes. I would argue that a cynic might suggest that you are just full of s**t.

The first person (post #16) to personalise the topic by asking specifically for your opinion was:

What are your thoughts SB?

And this is your first input:

If you honestly think that this is in any way acceptable then you have been successfully brainwashed by msm/'education', probably to the point of no return.

brainwashing.jpg

Do really you want your threads to be purely about playing the ball?

I mean it's a convenient position as a self-appointed abtitrator of sorts to 'save' your opinion untill others have been presented. Are you one of those people who goes to quiz nights then says 'I knew that' after each answer is called out by the MC?
Who goes to quiz nights? Seriously, is that a thing now?
And this is your first input
Did I attack any individual? Answer: no.

Did I make a sweeping comment which some people might find offensive? Answer: yes.

The thing about offense is that it can only be taken, never given.

Among adults, only those suffering from arrested development make a habit of taking offense.

In my humble opinion, of course.

Back