Should Essendon make a play for Clarkson?

Remove this Banner Ad

is north v essendon the most unreciprocated "rivalry" in the afl?

Yes lol

"Did you hear how much we don't care about you? We'll repeat it again if you didn't!"

What does Robbo say?
upload_2016-9-21_0-59-27-jpeg.291063

It's not the players. We've had some good sides (yes and bad) over the last 20 years. They have all underachieved.
Essendon have a 20 year well established losing mental block.

That can quickly be turned around.
But history says it almost always takes an influential coach and at least 1 influential player.

Look at the sides who have turned long losing streaks around. They all had that in common.

Rutten as good a bloke as he seems, he lacks the conviction to influence. And when he does try to throw down the law, the players don't respect him enough to listen and change. Saw that with the Hind exchange.

In any case I don't think Essendons list is good enough to be top 4 premiership material -yet.

We have at least half our list 22 and under. It's more likely our window is theoretically in 2025/6.

I think Clarkson is the best coach to drive that influence over the young group for the next 3+ years -->premiership.

Last edited:
Imagine being a modern day coaching great getting ready to find your next challenge so your manager puts the feelers out to see who's interested and who has the list profile to get to where he wants to go again. Only for one that ticks a lot of boxes to say no we are sticking with our guy, to then backtrack after one bad loss and throw their hat in the ring. Seriously why would you go there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Niel Micthel saying Ben Rutten is gone also different sources saying that clarkson is considering the bombers offer

I can only see us sacking rutten if we got a comiment from Clarkson

Last edited:
I think he's going to the powerhouse that is North Melbourne. He'll fix their wagon good and proper, guy won 3 flags in a row against interstate sides who couldn't draw you the MCG.

But nah, he's gonna turn North into a powerhouse it once was, very good get imo.

1660531197841.jpeg

Bombers top 4 next year with Clarkson. Flag in 3 years

Imagine being a modern day coaching great getting ready to find your next challenge so your manager puts the feelers out to see who's interested and who has the list profile to get to where he wants to go again. Only for one that ticks a lot of boxes to say no we are sticking with our guy, to then backtrack after one bad loss and throw their hat in the ring. Seriously why would you go there?

Best question of the thread.

I want Clarko.... bad.

But, if we sign him up in the next couple days and the whole thing came from nothing to go in a week then you'd have to question the board, the process.... the whole thing.

But, please.... let's get im'!

so many posters were saying norf were going to tassie because they're getting clarkson...does that mean essendon are relocating if they land clarkson?

so many posters were saying norf were going to tassie because they're getting clarkson...does that mean essendon are relocating if they land clarkson?

We can only hope.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back