Should have listened to this guy

Remove this Banner Ad

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
The media is full of so called experts who really don't know much at all, for example a bloke named Chris McDermott picked the premiers to finish 17th at the start of the year, laughable when you think about it now. However there was one guy who predicted Saturday's result back in march. So I dip my lid to you mr Daniel Flitton.

His article is below and if Daniel is out there, any chance of the first 4 in the Melbourne cup please mate?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/richmo...emiers-in-2017-heres-why-20170322-gv3l4q.html

Now that I think about it, I can't think of anybody in the SA footy media who I rate. It's a sea of dullards.
I would be interested to know if it's similar in WA, ex Eagles being employed just to attract parochial viewers who would otherwise be uninterested

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where did Richmond supporters think they would finish at the start of the year?
Honestly? Anywhere from 4th to 10th depending on injuries and a change of game plan. Saying that after rd 3 I was convinced we'd play finals. After we beat stkilda in the last rd I thought we'd go close to winning the flag.

Richmond are the greatest premiership side in the history of the VFL/AFL and the experts are idiots, even my five year old son could see Richmond were going to win the flag this year. Go Tiges!

There, now can these stupid told-you-so self-congratulatory threads stop?

Richmond are the greatest premiership side in the history of the VFL/AFL and the experts are idiots, even my five year old son could see Richmond were going to win the flag this year. Go Tiges!

There, now can these stupid told-you-so self-congratulatory threads stop?
It's gonna be a long summer for all of you:)

Honestly? Anywhere from 4th to 10th depending on injuries and a change of game plan. Saying that after rd 3 I was convinced we'd play finals. After we beat stkilda in the last rd I thought we'd go close to winning the flag.

By beating a non-finals team you were then a contender for the flag.

By beating a non-finals team you were then a contender for the flag.
I could see the way we were playing, our pressure had lifted, our avenues to goal had increased and it could have been st.kilda, Brisbane, Sydney or Adelaide. Of course people like you kept doubting us after we smashed the cats, then after we smashed the Giants however I'm glad you got to experience first hand us smash your mob on the big day. Maybe you needed to see it live to understand.

I could see the way we were playing, our pressure had lifted, our avenues to goal had increased and it could have been st.kilda, Brisbane, Sydney or Adelaide. Of course people like you kept doubting us after we smashed the cats, then after we smashed the Giants however I'm glad you got to experience first hand us smash your mob on the big day. Maybe you needed to see it live to understand.

Maybe I do indeed. Well said.

Daniel Flitton is the diplomatic editor and a Richmond tragic. He unashamedly admitted he had lost common sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back