Silvagni Sacked - Jack arcs up.

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, Burgoyne does skew the list profile due to be ancient. Outliers have large impacts when using averages as a way to find a particular measure (in this case list age).

I wonder what the club ranking would be is we used median instead of mean (average).

Same could be said about Kade Simpson.

You're forgot to mention that bigfooty posters (and all of those who understand AFL) considered Carlton to be in shambles well before, during and after SOS has left the club.

SOS hasn't done anything special at GWS or Carlton. Hitting a few first round picks here and there (Hard not to find good players with the amount of picks he was given), whilst also drafting complete spuds.
mcgrath over taranto and mcluggage HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Style it out ? lel

My first post stated 6 wins by, again BY round 22. There is 23 rounds in a season, NOT 22. Thrawn decides to jump in, as he see's the whole Blue minnow crew lead by yourself jump in and asks for a bet. When money is on the line, yeah i state 8 wins as now this tiny poster decides to put a bet in. Nothings wrong with that, as before he asked, nobody wanted to bet, so there was no stretching of goal posts like the blue harpy claims, as the first post was just an opinion.

Then the bleating and flexing starts, which is actually pathetic Chief, you need to wash your glasses as your obviously blind.

After not having time to deal with kids, i decide to make it easier to hopefully get Thrawn to put up and REDUCE the wins to actually 7. That's right, not 9 or 10 ( that would be shifting goal posts to my favor), NO Seven and STILL the bleating and crying and insults.

So again and for the last time. Thrawn, you wanted to bet. Lets bet. I believe the blues WONT improve so 7 wins the same as this year. So you obviously want to bet that they will win 8 games or more and if so PM and we will lock it in and how much.

Stop deflecting you toads lel
The initial offer was 6 wins by round 22. That's what I replied to. Stop changing it, otherwise how will I know you won't suddenly change it when it doesn't transpire? You're about as trustworthy as Dank in an injection room.

I sure do remember them.

We had picks 13 at both drafts and took Venables (2016) and Brander (2017).

Just had a quick look and our last top 10 pick was 2010 and took Gaff at pick 4.

Hard to see us getting our hands on any top 10 picks anytime soon either. We simply don't have the currency :(
so you dont want cripps? because you're going to need a few top 10 picks...

so you dont want cripps? because you're going to need a few top 10 picks...

Like I said, we simply won't have any. You could do a Geelong and take a bunch of picks in the mid-late teens and second rounders?

Is there are Patrick Cripps thread on the DFTA board yet?

Hawthorn have 32 players under 26. That's almost 75% of their list. Not to mention that the gap between 3rd oldest (Hawthorn) and 7th oldest (St Kilda) is 0.36 years, which is about 4 months.

Poster was dumb to say Carlton is old (they aren't) but taking a list of stats and saying "you're old" about Hawthorn without any context isn't much better.

You obviously missed the link I quoted.

I agree with your point IF Carlton continue an upward trend. But if they go backwards, he might start second guessing himself. Challenge for Carlton is to ensure that Cripps continues to buy in to the vision. That vision has to include playing finals in 2020 or atleast getting close.

He has already admitted to having the thought at certain moments.

From earlier this year:

After some of the Blues’ worst losses (there have been too many to guess which ones exactly), Cripps says he would sit there and think about seeking a trade and trying to escape that losing feeling.

“There are definitely times when your mind moves to it, maybe after a bad loss and you think it might be good to go home,” he said.

“But you reset the next day. I can’t say there has been a point where I really considered going home.

“The media always thinks there is a go-home factor and I am really close to my family and friends back home, so there is always going to be that consideration and making a decision based on what is best for yourself.

“But all along I was confident of staying at the club and believed where I was going.”

Cripps signed a two-year contract extension last season. But it doesn’t sound like he plans on going anywhere at the end of that deal either.

“I always say once you go through the tough times, the good times will be so much better and I really believe that,” he said.

“If you don’t see the direction it’s hard to see how you can stay around. But I definitely see a clear direction in where we are going.”
Are your posts wishful thinking mate? He's also said that he's been through the bad times and he can see bright times ahead.

Like I said, we simply won't have any. You could do a Geelong and take a bunch of picks in the mid-late teens and second rounders?

Is there are Patrick Cripps thread on the DFTA board yet?

Now don't go starting another Carlton related thread where the Richmond supporters can go and live.

Are your posts wishful thinking mate? He's also said that he's been through the bad times and he can see bright times ahead.

Of course it is wishful thinking. Who wouldn't want Patty Cripps to come to their club as a Free Agent?

Who is to say that the progress of late 2019 continues? Carlton's recent tumult in their footy department could impact on the team in 2020 if they don't nip in the bud.

Cripps stays if Carlton continue to improve in 2020. But if it looks like Carlton can't deliver on their promise of "the good times are coming" he would be insane not to consider his options, and you would imagine that the club at the top of his list would be West Coast.

There's alot riding on 2020 for Carlton and they are not off to a good start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Style it out ? lel

My first post stated 6 wins by, again BY round 22. There is 23 rounds in a season, NOT 22. Thrawn decides to jump in, as he see's the whole Blue minnow crew lead by yourself jump in and asks for a bet. When money is on the line, yeah i state 8 wins as now this tiny poster decides to put a bet in. Nothings wrong with that, as before he asked, nobody wanted to bet, so there was no stretching of goal posts like the blue harpy claims, as the first post was just an opinion.

Then the bleating and flexing starts, which is actually pathetic Chief, you need to wash your glasses as your obviously blind.

After not having time to deal with kids, i decide to make it easier to hopefully get Thrawn to put up and REDUCE the wins to actually 7. That's right, not 9 or 10 ( that would be shifting goal posts to my favor), NO Seven and STILL the bleating and crying and insults.

So again and for the last time. Thrawn, you wanted to bet. Lets bet. I believe the blues WONT improve so 7 wins the same as this year. So you obviously want to bet that they will win 8 games or more and if so PM and we will lock it in and how much.

Stop deflecting you toads lel
Lel

I agree with your point IF Carlton continue an upward trend. But if they go backwards, he might start second guessing himself. Challenge for Carlton is to ensure that Cripps continues to buy in to the vision. That vision has to include playing finals in 2020 or atleast getting close.

He has already admitted to having the thought at certain moments.

From earlier this year:

After some of the Blues’ worst losses (there have been too many to guess which ones exactly), Cripps says he would sit there and think about seeking a trade and trying to escape that losing feeling.

“There are definitely times when your mind moves to it, maybe after a bad loss and you think it might be good to go home,” he said.

“But you reset the next day. I can’t say there has been a point where I really considered going home.

“The media always thinks there is a go-home factor and I am really close to my family and friends back home, so there is always going to be that consideration and making a decision based on what is best for yourself.

“But all along I was confident of staying at the club and believed where I was going.”

Cripps signed a two-year contract extension last season. But it doesn’t sound like he plans on going anywhere at the end of that deal either.

“I always say once you go through the tough times, the good times will be so much better and I really believe that,” he said.

“If you don’t see the direction it’s hard to see how you can stay around. But I definitely see a clear direction in where we are going.”

“But you reset the next day. I can’t say there has been a point where I really considered going home.”

You’ve only read half of that article and clutched at some straws. Read this one for a better idea. Literally ruling out the Eagles.

“But you reset the next day. I can’t say there has been a point where I really considered going home.”

You’ve only read half of that article and clutched at some straws. Read this one for a better idea. Literally ruling out the Eagles.

He didn't rule them out at all. He said that he would rather build something from the ground up, which is admirable. But Carlton has struggled ever since he arrived at Ikon Park. It's a similar situation with Tom Lynch from his time at Gold Coast. The dude is hungry for success and really should be playing september football. The fact that he isn't is a real loss for the game.

As for the article you posted, isn't it funny how the first club that comes to his mind is the Eagles?

What's going to happen without SOS driving list strategy, and how do all these back room shenanigans impact on teams performance?

Read my other posts. What I am saying is that if the Blues don't step it up in 2020, he may start to consider his options. this self created mess won't help that.

Another bottom 4 year for Carlton and the door will be well and truly opened for a club to poach him.

Last edited:
Same article:

Read my other posts. What I am saying is that if the Blues don't step it up in 2020, he may start to consider his options. this self created mess won't help that.

As for the article you posted, isn't it funny how the first club that comes to his mind is the Eagles?

Re-read that quote mate. Only confirms what I’m saying.

If he sees a long term direction 2020 won’t particularly matter. Improvement is always nice but Cripps isn’t like big footy posters who expect record breaking from 18-22 year olds.

You’re apart of the two team state where he’s from, and you were the more successful team that year, ofcourse he came up with WCE.

Re-read that quote mate. Only confirms what I’m saying.

If he sees a long term direction 2020 won’t particularly matter. Improvement is always nice but Cripps isn’t like big footy posters who expect record breaking from 18-22 year olds.

You’re apart of the two team state where he’s from, and you were the more successful team that year, ofcourse he came up with WCE.

The quote is contingent on Carlton staying on course based on the improvement in the backend of 2019, and that is far from certain, especially with all the SOS mess.

He is turning 25 this year and has never played a final. He really doesn't have much time left.

It will be a tall order for Carlton to make top 8 next year, and it's difficult for me to see where they get the 12-13 wins required to make top 8. If he hasn't played finals by 2021, he's gone. That's just my opinion and obviously we won't be able to cross that bridge until we get there.

Not much time? He isn't 35.

He's 24 and his win loss record is something like 20W 80L.

How long does a guy like Cripps need to wait to play his first AFL final? AFL careers don't last a lifetime. There was a reason why he opted for a 2 year extension to take him up to the time at which he will become a free agent.

I'm gonna stop with the Cripps stuff now, but if Blues fans aren't nervous about Cripps and his pending Free Agency, they aren't paying attention.

Last edited:
The initial offer was 6 wins by round 22. That's what I replied to. Stop changing it, otherwise how will I know you won't suddenly change it when it doesn't transpire? You're about as trustworthy as Dank in an injection room.

There was no offer, did i post " Who wants to bet you will be on 6 wins by round 22 ? " No i did not. I only accepted a bet when you posted " Want to bet" and I told you what i was happy to bet on.

Talk about dodging the issue when called out on it. Obviously you dont have the character to own up to your post and bet the fact the blues wont improve and win more then 8 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back