Cam Giles
Nick Holman
Andrew McInnes
Dennis Armfield
Simon White
Andrew Carrazzo
David Ellard
Tom Temay
Good list would swap Ed Curnow with Dylan Buckley though.

Pick 1
Libba (only just turned 22 exactly one month ago and is already a star, also probably the best player from his draft year maybe drop him into the 1-3 range but if my club had the #1 pick I'd be stoked trading it for Libba you know you get a 10 year champion)

Pick 1 - 3
Macrae (taken with pick #6 in 2012 and one of, if not the best performing from his draft which was very strong)

Picks 4 - 10
Bonts (#4 pick last year and hasn't lost any value)
Griffen (due to being almost 28 and only 5 or so years left i couldn't see a club offering a top #3 pick, has also had a down year)
Dahl (closer to 10 but gun)

Picks 11 - 20

Stringer (taken at pick #5 in the 2012 draft, has lost some worth but is overcoming a broken leg and has the potential to be a gun)
Hunter (end of first round)
Minson (end of first round)
Roughead (end of first round)
Hrovat (probably more like 17-25ish)

Picks 21 - 35

Grant
Crameri
Wallis
Cooney
Smith
Jones
Talia
Wood
Higgins
Picken

Picks 36 - 60
Stevens
Murphy
Campbell
Dickson
Morris
JJ
Tutt

Picks 60 - 90

Cordy
Darley
Young
Dickson
Jong
Prudden
Roberts
Williams
Pearce

Picks 90+

Austin
Goodes
Gia
Howard
Boyd

Last edited:

Colingwood's as of now.

Pick 1
Pendlebury
Beams

Pick 1-3
Grundy

Pick 4-10
Reid
Witts
Frost
Langdon
Scharenberg
Sidebottom
Keeffe
Elliott

Pick 11-20
Macaffer
Williams
Freeman
Seedsman
Cloke

Pick 21-30
Broomhead
Thomas
Fasolo
Adams

Pick 31-50
Young
Blair
Lumumba
Goldsack
Sinclair
Kennedy
Oxley
Marsh
Toovey
Brown
White
Karnezis

Pick 50 plus

Dwyer
Marsh
Martin

No Value

Maxwell
Lynch
Armstrong
Ball
Clarke
Ramsay
Hudson
Swan
Gault
Yagmoor
Mooney
I wouldn't mind Swan, I would give a first to second rounder

Pick 1
None

Pick 1-3
None

Pick 4-10
Troy Menzel
Marc Murphy
Bryce Gibbs
Patrick Cripps

Pick 11-20
Andrew Walker
Chris Judd
Matthew Kreuzer
Chris Yarran
Lachie Henderson
Dale Thomas

Pick 21-30
Kade Simpson
Rob Warnock
Sam Docherty
Ed Curnow
Michael Jamison
Levi Casboult

Pick 31-50
Dylan Buckley
Matthew Watson
Mitch Robinson
Tom Bell
Jarrad Waite
Nick Graham
Andrejs Everitt
Jeff Garlett
Zach Tuohy

Pick 50 plus
Kane Lucas
Brock McLean
Sam Rowe
Cam Giles
Nick Holman
Andrew McInnes
Dennis Armfield
Simon White
Andrew Carrazzo
David Ellard
Tom Temay
Judd goes down, Simpson goes up, Henderson goes up, and I would probably drop Cripps down. But a pretty damn good list.

Pick 1 - 3
Macrae (taken with pick #6 in 2012 and one of, if not the best performing from his draft which was very strong)

You gotta be joking

Ollie Wines has him covered .... easily

You gotta be joking

Ollie Wines has him covered .... easily

Wines may have done a little more so far, but not much, and Macrae is avery clean ball user, much better than Wines. I'd have Macrae over Wines everyday of the week.

Macrae in Top 5 for effective disposals per game this year (behind Ablett, Pendles, Watson and Harvey)
Wines 74th....(behind just about every decent mid)

Last edited:
Wines may have done a little more so far, but not much, and Macrae isn't a turnover merchant. I'd have Macrae over Wines everyday of the week.

Their stats are pretty close, but Wines is doing his stuff in a top of the ladder team, whereas Macrae has very little competition from his teammates in a team struggling to win a game and anchored near the bottom of the ladder.

That means there is only one conclusion possible, Wines is the better, more valuable player

Their stats are pretty close, but Wines is doing his stuff in a top of the ladder team, whereas Macrae has very little competition from his teammates in a team struggling to win a game and anchored near the bottom of the ladder.

That means there is only one conclusion possible, Wines is the better, more valuable player

No their stats aren't close. And if anything playing well in a s**t team is far harder than playing well in a good team (just ask any front runner - not saying Wines is)

Macrae in Top 5 for effective disposals per game this year (behind Ablett, Pendles, Watson and Harvey)
Wines 74th....(behind just about every decent mid)

You seem pretty emphatic though so you must be correct...

Good answer about what I expected. See ya champion

Yep, you're a real prophet

Any chance you can talk footy aside from clinging to any opportunity to find something good out of the train-wreck that is the Bulldogs season

I know, how about which player contributes to a win, is that a good guide to the quality of a player?

Wines vs Macrae

Wines

Ranked 9th in Total Contested Possessions in 2014
Ranked 6th in Handballs Per Game in 2014

Macrae

Ranked 3rd in Uncontested Possessions Per Game

Does that answer your turnover question?

Wines gets his possessions in traffic, under pressure

Macrae gets his possessions out by himself, under no pressure

Let's see what conclusion you can draw from that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=3801&tid2=8&pid2=3800&type=A&fid1=C&fid2=C

View attachment 63453

Looks like their stats are very close, but Wines does his work in traffic under pressure

But gee I thought you said Wines had Macrae covered easily? If their stats are so close wouldn't they be close? No?

Stripping away your fairly anti-social rhetoric and insults it boils down to this:

Macrae is an elite ball user - Wines isn't
Wines is an elite contested ballwinner - Macrae isn't

No doubt they are both valuable to their respective teams. But you have already disproved your initital suggestion that Wines has Macrae covered easily.

For me Macrae has more development in him than Wines and will be widely viewed as the better player (I think he already is), and in our team where we have two contested ball winners in the Top 15, his role of distributor is perfect.

For your team Wines no doubt plays a valuable role.

It's a matter of opinion who is better but both are good.

Wines and Macrae are not in the same ball park.
Wines is miles ahead.
Competes every week with the best mids in the comp for the contested ball and more often than not comes out on top.
I see what you did there :):p:eek:

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=3801&tid2=8&pid2=3800&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

View attachment 63464

Possessions pretty close

Wines easily in front of contested possessions and clearances.

Another stat which is interesting is hitouts, Wines goes third man up, shows he's in the middle of the action, and being in the thick of it he doesn't have the same luxury of time that Macrae does when he's seagulling

Question what do Jared Polec, Kane Cornes, Chad Wingard, Cassissi, Monfries, and White all have in common?

Answer: According to your definition of a player, they are all 'seagulls' as they all get less contested possessions per game than Macrae.

Question: Who at Port has a more effective disposals per game than Macrae

Answer: None

Question: If Macrae is a seagull, what does that make Wines?

Answer: A butcher - who rucks a bit.....lol

Last edited:
Question what do Jared Polec, Kane Cornes, Chad Wingard, Cassissi, Monfries, and White all have in common?

Answer: According to your definition of a player, they are all 'seagulls' as they all get less contested possessions per game than Macrae.

Question: Who at Port has a more effective disposals per game than Macrae

Answer: None

Question: If Macrae is a seagull, what does that make Wines?

Answer: A butcher.

So you've conceded re Wines / Macrae

Lol. So Wines is better because 'he plays in the best team in the comp'. Yet Macrae plays in an ordinary team, does very well and is a 'seagull'. What a joke.

They are both very close, Port would take Wines, we'd take Macrae. But in no way is Macrae a 'segaull'.

Lol. So Wines is better because 'he plays in the best team in the comp'. Yet Macrae plays in an ordinary team, does very well and is a 'seagull'. What a joke.

They are both very close, Port would take Wines, we'd take Macrae. But in no way is Macrae a 'segaull'.

Agree, each player suits their clubs needs.

Hadn't touched on the old best team in the comp one...of course I assume he rates every brownlow medalist not playing in a premierhship team as crap (Skilton, Lockett, Harvey, etc), and old fat guts who played in a premiership team at Port and the Hawks as better...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back