Autopsy Smashed in the middle no worries brutal 14pt win against the Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't go to many games anymore, but every time I do I get reminded as to why I much prefer watching on tv.

What is it with older dudes who just do not shut up at the football?!

'Go Ryles! Good use .... Bont, best player in the comp! Show them why .... ohhhhhh come on ..... 50! ......He's having a good yea, Isn't he?!..... Look at naughts? Is he injured? Did his knee? What happened? Ohhhh, he did his knee .... look at him'.

OMG! Shut the f up you losers.

I don't go to many games anymore, but every time I do I get reminded as to why I much prefer watching on tv.

'Go Ryles! Good use .... Bont, best player in the comp! Show them why .... ohhhhhh come on ..... 50! ......He's having a good yea, Isn't he?!..... Look at naughts? Is he injured? Did his knee? What happened? Ohhhh, he did his knee .... look at him'.

Tbf, when Bont gave up 2 goals in our forward 50 I did shout out that they were good captain's goals

Tbf, when Bont gave up 2 goals in our forward 50 I did shout out that they were good captain's goals
I think I had moved by that point.

One of their wives showed up and stood next to me and I could tell straight away she was cut from the same cloth. I thought 'oh god, they're breeding'.

So I went up the other end.

My boy Wicksy, only 9 touches, BUT every time he had to do something, he did it with pace, pressure, hardness and smarts … he’s just super efficient with most things he does … especially 1-1’s and sometimes 1-2’s even.
Keep it up young man 👏😍

Yep he was ultra-competitive every time he was involved

Brother, that is the point. It’s a spiritual exercise.

My boy Wicksy, only 9 touches, BUT every time he had to do something, he did it with pace, pressure, hardness and smarts … he’s just super efficient with most things he does … especially 1-1’s and sometimes 1-2’s even.
Keep it up young man 👏😍
He's really living up to the Slick Wicks moniker lately!

Lot of negative here. Got to give Bulldogs credit for their pressure and quality key forwards.
Other teams are allowed to play well against us and at home no less.

We weren’t at our absolute best but some awesome stuff.

People acting like if we don’t play lights out slick footy we are below standard.
We’ve been untouchable recently it’s only a matter of time until other teams coaches go to work and figure us out and it’s up to us to respond, which we did last night.
Footy at the top goes in peaks and troughs.

Last edited:
Those who need to put in more - McDonald, McLean & Amartey. And Im Sorry Francis is not seniors standard.
Happy we won - bring on the bye - I’ll be in the Clare valley SA BYE weekend so I won’t have to worry about a game 🍷🍷🍷 I reckon the Chad got the 3 points (well maybe not from umpire 22 who is a prize dickhead)
Bad take, the 3 did as well as they could with the delivery and are key to our success.

My thoughts about last night and in general, especially with some of the negativity. I'm finding the negativity confusing. We are 10-1 with our only loss being by 5 points. We have a structure that's built around not relying on any single player. To a point when we have a game like last night when we have players not playing their best we can work around it and find ways to work.

We have built up our offense so it's a team structure, not a key forward structure. We've had games where the three talls have fired, and then games like last night where they weren't necessarily on but got the ball to the right players. It's a structure that's not only working but each week gelling better.

So let's stop complaining about the structure and enjoy how much it's actually working and teams can't work around it. The fact is, we're not 4-7 and only scoring 4 goals a game. Our talls are decoys at time and I love it. Horse has found a way to make it work and I'll give him credit for that as I used to give him little

We had no right to win last night and we did. That's what good teams do, find ways to win. Yes we have lots of room to improve, but that's what's scary. Let's enjoy the week off, and more importantly, the fact that when we face Geelong, we'll still be top of the ladder.

I recall going to a Dogs Swans game at Manuka many many years ago. I managed to get a "posh seat" - ie sitting in the only decent stand at that ground - and right behind me were two ardent Dogs fans, both gentlemen in their 50s or 60s. One of them spent the game getting quite agitated at how the Swans were playing. Of particular concern to him was that Heath Grundy was having a good game - "but he only came into the team this week so can't be a regular. How come he's playing so well?" And also that we had Sam Reid playing for us. "But Sam Reid plays for us!"

It got so bad that, just into the second half, his friend turned to him and told him to shut the xxxx up, that he was embarrassing himself, that yes, there is more than one Sam Reid in the world, and that Grundy was a regular first team player for the Swans who just happened to have been injured the week before. Thankfully the second half was more enjoyable (for me) than the first.

I recall going to a Dogs Swans game at Manuka many many years ago. I managed to get a "posh seat" - ie sitting in the only decent stand at that ground - and right behind me were two ardent Dogs fans, both gentlemen in their 50s or 60s. One of them spent the game getting quite agitated at how the Swans were playing. Of particular concern to him was that Heath Grundy was having a good game - "but he only came into the team this week so can't be a regular. How come he's playing so well?" And also that we had Sam Reid playing for us. "But Sam Reid plays for us!"

It got so bad that, just into the second half, his friend turned to him and told him to shut the xxxx up, that he was embarrassing himself, that yes, there is more than one Sam Reid in the world, and that Grundy was a regular first team player for the Swans who just happened to have been injured the week before. Thankfully the second half was more enjoyable (for me) than the first.
I don't understand the need to vocalise everything.

If you are so ignorant that you don't know who Heath Grundy and Sam Reid are, probably keep it to yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me Francis is a rampe replacement ideally for him, not a full in for Mccartin. He made his opponent work. He does need to be cleaner at the ball, but the negativity is overly high on him imo

Whatever internal demons they are dealing with. I don't need to hear about it.

Bored of adult men acting like grown ass toddlers.
I mean everyone is there watching a bunch of young men chase a ball around and getting emotionally invested in the outcome. The whole thing is pretty silly.

Short of spewing abuse, I reckon it’s all fair game. Much rather be sitting near people who seem to be engaged with what’s going on, rather than the groups of 25 year olds in SCG members sitting in silence or chatting about work or their latest holiday.

The Dogs came out really strong in the first half on the back of some very Victorian umpiring. We could not get a holding the ball decision even if a player had the ball for 10 minutes they would not have paid it. There were at least 7 tackles that were dead set holding with prior in the first half in positions that advantaged then that were not paid. They played better in the first half and hit us hard inside.

The second half was ours. We evened, then won contested ball. We won the outside game & destroyed them with pressure tackling. This set up the outside game & our players, in the main, were very precise. I thought Lloydy was really good playing on the wing. He, McInerney & Campbell had a big influence in the third because they shut down the Dogs run & ran off them. Chad was superb. % score involvements, a hanger, 2 goals, it was his quarter. I thought in the 2022 GF tha33t this guy would win a Premiership for us one day & I think he will. All he needs is for his mates to come along with him & at present they are.

The Media, especially Kane Cornes & Leigh Montagna put shit on our forwards & backs but they get it done. I bet they don't know that our forwards kick just over 60% of our scores each week. I bet they are ignorant of the fact the backs are the hardest to score against. Our tall forwards do stuff. If they don't mark it, they bring the pill to ground in dangerous positions. Last week against Carlton, there was a marking contest, Amartey's deft touch went to McDonald, who beautifully tapped to I think Wicks who goaled. It was beautiful, clever footy by both big guys. They are also clever enough to stay out of each other's way. I love Amartey, McDonald & McLean for their leading patterns. Very clever leads and they all compliment each other leading at different times to provide an option.

We have McCartin & Fox to return to the backs. Even if we rest players, That won't happen until later in the season because we now have a bye, we have Sheldrick, Mills, Parker, Ladhams to give others a rest.

I mean everyone is there watching a bunch of young men chase a ball around and getting emotionally invested in the outcome. The whole thing is pretty silly.

Short of spewing abuse, I reckon it’s all fair game. Much rather be sitting near people who seem to be engaged with what’s going on, rather than the groups of 25 year olds in SCG members sitting in silence or chatting about work or their latest holiday.
I feel like there is a big gap in the middle between not caring at all and 50 year olds who sound like they need to be medicated.

Congrats on the win last night, was a ripper game.

First game in ages where i wasn't disappointed with the way the Dogs played. Had opportunities to put scoreboard pressure on and pinch but wasn't to be. Swans were too clean and transition from defence to attack was sublime.

Good luck with the rest of the season.

Those who need to put in more - McDonald, McLean & Amartey. And Im Sorry Francis is not seniors standard.
Happy we won - bring on the bye - I’ll be in the Clare valley SA BYE weekend so I won’t have to worry about a game 🍷🍷🍷 I reckon the Chad got the 3 points (well maybe not from umpire 22 who is a prize dickhead)
God help us ! Chad kicked 4 goals not points , but probably will get 3 VOTES

Funny thing is he is a Western Australian umpire. I expected him to be from Footscray or Essendon Districts. But WA. He was terrible, would not give us a free all night. You could tackle a bloke for 10 minutes who was dead set holding the ball & he would eventually ball it up. He obviously has a 2005 grudge. He took so long to whistle up play after a tackle I actually thought someone would eventually get hurt & every time it was a ball up where it should have been a holding decision. He gifted them a couple of goals in the first half. That Chad tackle was good & he gave high. Then a 50 for dissent. What a prick.

Bad take, the 3 did as well as they could with the delivery and are key to our success.
Fair and I’m wrong about McLean, but armartey is hit & miss quite regularly and McDonald you didn’t even know he was there. Then they’d get in each other’s way. They need to toughen up a bit.

Funny thing is he is a Western Australian umpire. I expected him to be from Footscray or Essendon Districts. But WA. He was terrible, would not give us a free all night. You could tackle a bloke for 10 minutes who was dead set holding the ball & he would eventually ball it up. He obviously has a 2005 grudge. He took so long to whistle up play after a tackle I actually thought someone would eventually get hurt & every time it was a ball up where it should have been a holding decision. He gifted them a couple of goals in the first half. That Chad tackle was good & he gave high. Then a 50 for dissent. What a prick.
He’s making Stevic look Almost tolerable (let’s not get carried away with likeable) even when he was on 360 you just wanted to give him a gob full. Very self assured, he likes to put his stamp on the game,and he was the face of the be nice to umpires round or what ever it was called.

Warner gets umpired differently when it comes to dissent.

Seen so many players question the decision and nothing looks at Hawkins

Pointing at the scoreboard is an auto 50 and has been since the dissent rule changed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back