Autopsy Smashed in the middle no worries brutal 14pt win against the Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair the 50m was the right call, both Warner and Florent were jawing at the ump. I honestly couldn't give a heck though because the original free was so egregious.

Can we just seriously get back to a position in the game where 50m penalties are only given if you belt someone in the head, grab at his groin or Toby kick someone in the face or just be a shit human being in general.

Its so exhausting every week trying to figure out what a 50m penalty was for.

Bulldogs still brave I see according to afl.com.au.

The Dogs were brave to the end despite losing key forward Aaron Naughton (knee) and in-form midfielder Ed Richards (concussion) early in the game.

To be fair the 50m was the right call, both Warner and Florent were jawing at the ump. I honestly couldn't give a heck though because the original free was so egregious.
Dogs fans going off at the 50 paid to McLean when the exact same call for the exact same action was made against Bont vs Amartey in Q1. Don't we ask for consistency?
I ask for consistency in the dissent calls too. There's a lot of personality in them.
Did anyone else notice the deliberate that was paid against the Dogs as the final siren blew? Total a*sehole call.

Not much attention paid to Papley's goal but the presence of mind to slap the ball down one-handed onto his boot was brilliant. Don't think I've quite seen that before.

Is working his way into form over the past few weeks and reckon a bag might not be far away.
It was brilliant in conception, even better in execution.

Not much attention paid to Papley's goal but the presence of mind to slap the ball down one-handed onto his boot was brilliant. Don't think I've quite seen that before.

Is working his way into form over the past few weeks and reckon a bag might not be far away.

The 2 on 1 he outbodied and created a swans goal that was otherwise a turnover was awesome too

Can we just seriously get back to a position in the game where 50m penalties are only given if you belt someone in the head, grab at his groin or Toby kick someone in the face or just be a s**t human being in general.

Its so exhausting every week trying to figure out what a 50m penalty was for.

jake stringer would be in strife

yes, papley was good last night ... full of positive energy

My thoughts about last night and in general, especially with some of the negativity. I'm finding the negativity confusing. We are 10-1 with our only loss being by 5 points. We have a structure that's built around not relying on any single player. To a point when we have a game like last night when we have players not playing their best we can work around it and find ways to work.

We have built up our offense so it's a team structure, not a key forward structure. We've had games where the three talls have fired, and then games like last night where they weren't necessarily on but got the ball to the right players. It's a structure that's not only working but each week gelling better.

So let's stop complaining about the structure and enjoy how much it's actually working and teams can't work around it. The fact is, we're not 4-7 and only scoring 4 goals a game. Our talls are decoys at time and I love it. Horse has found a way to make it work and I'll give him credit for that as I used to give him little

We had no right to win last night and we did. That's what good teams do, find ways to win. Yes we have lots of room to improve, but that's what's scary. Let's enjoy the week off, and more importantly, the fact that when we face Geelong, we'll still be top of the ladder.
Word!

Did any western bulldogs player actually handball last night , they seem to just offload the ball every time
The ones to watch are the ones from under their bodies. Double-handed push most times. Likewise over the back, never a clean hit on the ball. Most teams do it occasionally but with the Dogs it's an art form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't go to many games anymore, but every time I do I get reminded as to why I much prefer watching on tv.

What is it with older dudes who just do not shut up at the football?!

'Go Ryles! Good use .... Bont, best player in the comp! Show them why .... ohhhhhh come on ..... 50! ......He's having a good yea, Isn't he?!..... Look at naughts? Is he injured? Did his knee? What happened? Ohhhh, he did his knee .... look at him'.

OMG! Shut the f up you losers.
There’s a decent case that sport is children’s pantomime for adults.

I mean everyone is there watching a bunch of young men chase a ball around and getting emotionally invested in the outcome. The whole thing is pretty silly.

Short of spewing abuse, I reckon it’s all fair game. Much rather be sitting near people who seem to be engaged with what’s going on, rather than the groups of 25 year olds in SCG members sitting in silence or chatting about work or their latest holiday.
The worst are the people who go for the atmosphere and then create none themselves

Warner has form in the looking bemused over a free kick or doing the hand over mouth shock thing. He probably had every right with the decision going against him but to be the complete player he removes that stuff from his game as it leads to nothing but possibility of a 50 or the like. Pointing at the score board is a clear 50. Just something for him to consider or mature away from.

Didn’t matter in the end but it could.

That said I was screaming about ump 22 being nothing but a cheat in that moment so it’s hard to be judgemental when it was a terrible decision that lead to the dissent rule.

Warner has form in the looking bemused over a free kick or doing the hand over mouth shock thing. He probably had every right with the decision going against him but to be the complete player he removes that stuff from his game as it leads to nothing but possibility of a 50 or the like. Pointing at the score board is a clear 50. Just something for him to consider or mature away from.

Didn’t matter in the end but it could.

That said I was screaming about ump 22 being nothing but a cheat in that moment so it’s hard to be judgemental when it was a terrible decision that lead to the dissent rule.
You don't get paid $700k to zip it.

Love hate relationship with umpires already before the weekend even ended. FK for Dogs wasn't there, 50 for McLean wasn't there, but on a technicality the FK against Collingwood was there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back