SNL 2017 R1 - vs Melb Vixens (Saturday, 18th Feb, 7.00pm @ Hisense (away game)) - 'pies lose 58-55

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't look like a full house yet...commentators have said there's quite a few Pies fans in the crowd though.

Wish I was there! But grateful it's live on tv.

Good to see Eddie there. And its hilarious to see Collingwood football guernseys in the crowd.

Now I've set it to record and will watch later or tomorrow.
Maybe Eddie's sick of calls to sack him like the bullshit we seen with our first women's game.

Haha, me too. Think our logo is a dud, commentators tough to handle, but the love of collingwood is strong. Still watching.:thumbsu:
I loved the call "Both teams will want to be up at the break." Great insight for new netball supporters like myself. Helps me understand the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a good match, pity about the result.
I went to the game not sure how much I would enjoy it but that final quarter was one of the most exciting of any sporting contest I have attended. For the three quarters you did not hear much from the magpies fans in the crowd. But In the final quarter the magpies fans finally started to boo and cheer as one. I cant wait for the return fixture in April.

Watching the game (as admittedly as far from an expert in netball as you can get), but I definitely saw the makings of a very strong side for the Magpies. Once they play some games together I reckon they'll be amazing to watch. Thwaites was one person attack up forward. Definitely need the Goal Attack to get involved more.

Like I said I'm not an expert but to me it looked like Sharni Layton was fairly resoundingly beaten tonight except for a couple of exciting pieces of play. I don't think Layton will be beaten like that again.

Watching the game (as admittedly as far from an expert in netball as you can get), but I definitely saw the makings of a very strong side for the Magpies. Once they play some games together I reckon they'll be amazing to watch. Thwaites was one person attack up forward. Definitely need the Goal Attack to get involved more.

Like I said I'm not an expert but to me it looked like Sharni Layton was fairly resoundingly beaten tonight except for a couple of exciting pieces of play. I don't think Layton will be beaten like that again.

Sharni safly will be beaten like that and worse by Romelda, CBas, Harman to a lesser extent.

Pies issue was GA related.
Tegan Phillips cut us too ribbons and was bog by a mile.
Both pies GAs were putrid, looked gun shy. Defensively we are agressive but short.
Kim Rav had a shocker which didn't help.

We'll get better but certainly should not be favourites for the flag

Sharni safly will be beaten like that and worse by Romelda, CBas, Harman to a lesser extent.

Both pies GAs were putrid, looked gun shy. Defensively we are agressive but short.

Thanks for the insight. Isn't there another GA who is coming back from injury. Is she an improvement?

Thanks for the insight. Isn't there another GA who is coming back from injury. Is she an improvement?

Not sure..
I'll do some investigation.

I thought 1st choice was Alice Teague Neeld, she looked like the team hsd trained for plan A...Caitlin
Plan B...Caitlin option b

Plan C for Alice was non existant. Everytime we went forward and Caitlin was blocked out of position our WA and C forced there passes rsther than resetting and allowing goalers to re-adjust.
In hindsight the move of Sharni to GD could have been tried, her attacking nature and controlling voice/influence could have benefitted.
We were in the game without ever being able to force the Vixens goalers into rushed or speculative shots which is a good sign for the Pies.

Ash Brazzel was awesome
Caitlin was very good

Rest..big scope for improvement

Like we where Suppose Favorites for the AFW:straining:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back