2nds So who is our SANFL marquee player this year ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Because our priorities lie elsewhere than winning a tin pot local comp.

Personally I would like us to try to be successful in the SANFL to build a winning culture at the club and because as supporters it gives us further reason to follow the club more closely. Provided of course such an attempt doesn't get in the way of our success where it matters most.

As long as the players in the SANFL play well and push for selection in the Seniors (AFL), then this is all that matters.

Winning or losing should never be a priority for our SANFL Side.

Personally I would like us to try to be successful in the SANFL to build a winning culture at the club and because as supporters it gives us further reason to follow the club more closely. Provided of course such an attempt doesn't get in the way of our success where it matters most.
Of course we shouldn't try to lose. But winning shouldn't be the priority.

I'd hate to be like the mob down the road and use the rookie draft to bolster our SANFL side rather than to take blokes who might improve our AFL side.

I'd hate to be like the mob down the road and use the rookie draft to bolster our SANFL side rather than to take blokes who might improve our AFL side.
True development and the afl side are the only focus but when we can improve the SANFL side with a free hit (marquee player) we should absolutely be doing it.

If Gunston was playing for a winning crows reserves instead of out at Centrals he might still be a crows player.

And we want the reserves still playing when we're playing finals. If we'd gone another week last year it would have been 2 weeks without a game if we needed to bring someone in. One week might be a positive, doubt 2 weeks is.

What rules? The PAPs don't adhere to any rules and the SANFL is so pi8s weak that they allow/ignore/agree to all violations despite the fact that port power undermine and whiteant the SANFL at any opportunity.
Those top-up players are supposedly only paid $100 per match (or $400 for each sanfl league match)
In respect to Summerton, he is not being paid peanuts:
(I) Summerton did not meet the rule requirements for a leadership player yet the PAPs were allowed to openly sign him up on a 3 year contract and say quite brazenly that he will receive the $400 (or $100)per match fee for 2 years (2014 & 2015) but in his 3rd year 2016 when he becomes eligible then (quote) "he will receive what should have been his 2014 and 2015 salary " !!!
What sort of bs is this?

I never said Summertton was paid peanuts. I said he was playing for peanuts. Big difference. The PAPs top him up in other ways.
Frankly i prefer the way we do it. Let them try to rout the system. Who cares, win lose or draw theyll play the victim card anyway.

Correct.

Imagine still having Kane Mitchell on your list, potentially taking midfield minutes away from kids like Bonner and Snelling.

Sounds like we're on the same page. I wouldn't want us to use our rookie list to strengthen our SANFL by picking players we have no intention of ever using in the AFL, not with our record of finding quality in the rookie draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back