Socceroos kit for the 2010 World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

VG%20300.jpg

Oh, god

horrible

I foresee these will be going very cheaply post world cup at the nike collingwood factory outlet. Since when has royal blue been a part of our national colours? At least the navy blue is part of the flag.

My first reaction:
[YOUTUBE]WWaLxFIVX1s[/YOUTUBE]

The following is a photograph of FFA representatives. They have just finalized the 'big game' against New Zealand and the socceroos 2010 world cup shirt:
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2262/*so.jpg

I am absolutely disgusted with the news in the past few days. First New Zealand and now this. All we need now is for Archie Thompson to make the squad to top it off.

I foresee these will be going very cheaply post world cup at the nike collingwood factory outlet. Since when has royal blue been a part of our national colours? At least the navy blue is part of the flag.

Seconded. How can they possibly rape our away shirt so much? Not liking the royal blue one bit.

I would even prefer seeing a return of this:
Australia-90-HomeBlk.gif

...than that monstrosity of an away shirt.

The home shirt... I can live with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since when has royal blue been a part of our national colours? At least the navy blue is part of the flag.

Actually the official blue of the flag is kind of half-way in between, so technically both those blues are wrong! (OK that's being pedantic...)

Anyway, they're still both ugly.

I just dont get why the **** we showed off our away kit.

Are they trying to remind us that we have one? And that we should consider buying it?

Since when has royal blue been a part of our national colours?

our 1997 home kit (circa venables and iran) was a predominantly gold shirt with green and black coca-cola stripes + predominantly black shorts, with gold and green c-c stripes - the away version was a sickening chinese green teal number. prior to that we wore an all gold strip with green and black diamond shaped stripes down one side of the front.

we've also worn a navy blue and gold away strip (sverigey goodness) and a navy blue and green vertical striped away shirt before (v is for vomit!).

basically, when our kit suppliers and the FFA get it wrong it has nothing to do with 'national colours' and is purely about 'faceparmigiana ugly'.

Seconded. How can they possibly rape our away shirt so much? Not liking the royal blue one bit.

Australia-90-HomeBlk.gif

Hey I liked that shirt :p

Home jersey I like.

Away jersey is a ****ing disgrace :mad:

our 1997 home kit (circa venables and iran) was a predominantly gold shirt with green and black coca-cola stripes + predominantly black shorts, with gold and green c-c stripes - the away version was a sickening chinese green teal number. prior to that we wore an all gold strip with green and black diamond shaped stripes down one side of the front.

we've also worn a navy blue and gold away strip (sverigey goodness) and a navy blue and green vertical striped away shirt before (v is for vomit!).

basically, when our kit suppliers and the FFA get it wrong it has nothing to do with 'national colours' and is purely about 'faceparmigiana ugly'.

I actually liked the navy blue and green vertical strip... Yes, I was around 10 years old but still :rolleyes:

Having a nice kit is well and good, but someone told me yesterday had we worn a gold top and green shorts vs Uruguay in 2001 we would have qualfied, because we qualify if we have that type of kit... Its far more important whats actually inside the kit, and im not talking about the material...

The home and away kit's are starting to grow on me. When I first saw them yesterday I was not that overwhelmed but today they don't look so bad. Hopefully, by June I'll be in a more favourable mood about them.

Hey I liked that shirt :p

Home jersey I like.

Away jersey is a ****ing disgrace :mad:

As scary as it may seem, and as much as it pains me to say it, I'm acually a big fan of the 1992 vomit design myself. :eek:
It's just so different that I can't help but like it.

Sort of the 'it's so bad it's good' phenomenon.

On my continuing dismay at the FFA's ridiculous approval of our new shirt:

Was a soccer shirt so unpopular with the public prior to a world cup that the establishment was FORCED to change it? HAs that ever happened before in history?

Maybe if a thousand or so people stormed and trashed the FFA headquarters they would think about changing the shirt?

How about boycotting every A-League game in protest?

Australia-90-HomeBlk.gif

hahaha yes i agree i was saying to my brother who hasn't seen the new tops yet and told him that this top shits all over these new ones. He is now afraid to see what tops they will be wearing.

The Gold Coast have already started...

Haha. Yeah. Gold Coast fans have already put in the hard yards. At least half the job is done already. :p Time for Victory supporters to step up to the plate.

Still though, isn't there ANYTHING fans can do to prevent this shirt from going ahead? Or is it too late? Can't we assasinate someone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back