Some guy gives Johnno a blast!

Remove this Banner Ad

WTF is it with Aker?

"we don't like Tasmanians"

Read: "I now don't like Rodney Eade".

I'm sure the AFL, Hawthorn and Tasmania will want Aker as an ambassador for AFL expansion.</SARCASM>

I am not sure if any other poster feels like this, but I have a different feeling watching him or listening to him now that he is no longer a bulldogs player.

What I mean is, that when he was a Bulldogs player, I would be always worried about the effect of what he said on our club, on our players, on our opposition etc. He was a major off field risk.

Now that he longer plays for us and doesn't have anything to do with the club, there is no care value for me in what he says. For instance I was watching the video of him talking to the primary school children and laughing at it. He talks so much rubbish that you have to laugh at it.

Not sure the age of the children he was giving a talk to, but I wondered what they thought of his speech. I laughed at his version to them of why he is no longer at the club. "Basically I told the truth, kids always make sure you tell the truth. And the club then had a hissy fit and said I wasn't wanted, and I said fine, you are a bunch of looosers". haha. Yep, thats exactly what happened Aker :)

I agree TBFB,
I look at him different and feel for pettiness. I just thought he was "strange cat" when he was our player, now he seems like a scorned kid that opens his mouth with absolutely no thought of his actions and/or consequences. The school kids love his humour, but he is not exactly a role model for humbleness and/or maturity (read: Sam Newman).

He is just trying to get a laugh from some school kids.

The way he acts is simply his schtick and should be largely treated as such even if it is not overly funny the 27th time you hear it.

Just ignore it if he upsets you and he will go away:)

^I'm not too fased by this latest little spray by Aker. He's just trying to communicate with kids in a language they understand the only real way he knows how.

TBFB - I don't have any issues with what Aker says now in terms of its affect on the team. I just don't like people in the media - of which Aker is now truly one - dishing out rubbish about the FC that I love, and I hate that opposition supporters and other media commentators take the opportunity to jump on board sink the boots in as well.

Eade just did what Aker has never been able to...learn from his mistakes.

Eade would have known higgins was dissappointed with him and didn't want cooney to be the same so stepped up and didn't make the same mistake twice..

This is a concept that Aker cannot grasp of course cause just loves making the same mistakes over and over and over again !! He will never learn.

Akermanis also said he was in good enough shape to return to play for the injury-hit Dogs in the finals, but he didn't want to.
"I could easily go to training and see how it (the body) is.
"But stuff that. Why would I want to go back to that miserable job?
"The minute they rang me I'd say piss off."

Very Classy.

Eade just did what Aker has never been able to...learn from his mistakes.

Eade would have known higgins was dissappointed with him and didn't want cooney to be the same so stepped up and didn't make the same mistake twice..

This is a concept that Aker cannot grasp of course cause just loves making the same mistakes over and over and over again !! He will never learn.

Whilst i think Aker has become a supercock of late, i think Etihad has gotten off lightly from a few of the coaches this year. The surface is clearly terrible but has not copped the criticism from players and coaches it probably should i feel with most of it coming from the media / ex players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some radio show used to make crank calls to Z grade celebrities on air.

Love to see a radio show call up Acker mimicking someone from the Bulldogs and ask him to return for the finals.

id bet on a different answer than 'Piss Off'

I don't get it.
The club formally complained about the state of the Etihad surface after Higgin's injury. How is that not standing up for Higgins?
And despite Eade's comments at the press conference, there is no formal complaint over the SCG surface.

Also, this stuff is politically charged. No one but Carlton and Judd (and a rambling Kennett) have come out openly, directly and formally complained about the Etihad surface.

I don't get it.
The club formally complained about the state of the Etihad surface after Higgin's injury. How is that not standing up for Higgins?
And despite Eade's comments at the press conference, there is no formal complaint over the SCG surface.

Also, this stuff is politically charged. No one but Carlton and Judd (and a rambling Kennett) have come out openly, directly and formally complained about the Etihad surface.

Exactly. I guess that ex-player is telling fibs again:

--------------------------------------------------------------

From the Herald Sun:

XXXX blasts Eade's 'double standard' on Cooney injury
* Al Paton
* August 23, 2010 12:29PM

RODNEY Eade's attack on the SCG surface reeks of a double standard after he refused to blame the Etihad Stadium surface for injuries, XXXXX XXXXXXXXX said today.

Former Bulldog XXXXXXXXX said the players were upset Eade had not taken a stand on the Etihad surface after young midfielder Shaun Higgins suffered an ankle injury earlier this year.

---------------------------------------------------------------

From The Age:

Top Dogs set to miss finals
Samantha Lane and Martin Blake
August 24, 2010

The Bulldogs laid a formal complaint about Etihad Stadium earlier this year after Higgins injured his ankle on the ground,

----------------------------------------------------------------

Aka is the sort of person that will lose everything in life because he cant take responsibility for his own actions, its only a matter of time before his wife goes and he loses custody of his kids.

oh once that happens all i can say is "suck s**t":thumbsu:.

And here is the latest instalment of the weekly "Ak attack" on the Bulldogs.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ls-dogs-to-fail-in-finals-20100829-13xla.html

SACKED Western Bulldogs star Jason Akermanis has described his tell-all book as a ''sordid tale'' about the football club, and told a function at Crown that he did not want the Bulldogs to succeed during the AFL finals.

Asked about the injuries that have ravaged the club, including an injury to captain Brad Johnson, Akermanis replied: ''Yeah, suck s---.''

He is full of class and grace.

I don't think I can remember a player with so much vitriol and spite as Aker?

It seems that by his deeds post Bulldogs he has completely justified the sacking.

Do blokes like Aker have media advisors?

He is full of class and grace.
The 'sordid tale' part has got me slightly concerned tbh. I'd like to think our culture is good and I'm proud that I can't remember the last time one of our players was involved in an off field indiscretion. Hopefully it's just Aker being a tosser as usual.

I don't think I can remember a player with so much vitriol and spite as Aker?

It seems that by his deeds post Bulldogs he has completely justified the sacking.

Do blokes like Aker have media advisors?
He's been dumped by two clubs - it ain't a coincidence :cool:

The karma bus will get this piece of human filth sooner rather than later.

If I was Aker, I wouldn't be worrying about attending lunches and sportsman's nights, I would be brushing up on my knowledge of defamation law.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back