Song Contest Part X, Host: SM, Theme: Acts You Loved As a Kid, Noms Due: Sunday: 9:00pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't you say your wife performed with the spice girls at the London Olympics ?
Guess they didn't leave a good impression then
(If you billied me)

As I said in an earlier post. I know the song as it's been playing in the background on radio ir something

This was the first time I've actually had headphones on and really listened to it. I couldn't believe how much I disliked it.

As I said in an earlier post. I know the song as it's been playing in the background on radio ir something

This was the first time I've actually had headphones on and really listened to it. I couldn't believe how much I disliked it.
It's not even my favourite Spice Girls song . I thought about nomming Spice Girls again this round, but didn't want to push my luck 2 rounds in a row haha

Last edited:

I'm taking this theme way too seriously I think... :drunk:
Or not seriously enough!
I'm looking at my Last.fm scrobbles from 2007. None of the bands on there I dislike, even though some I haven't listened to for a while.
Because you were an adult in 2007!
So if you pick something from then or later , I’ll call you out haha ;)

I refuse to nom something from when I was 7-years-old. That was all Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys! lol... :/
You’re saying that like it’s a bad thing!

I have the opposite problem in that I couldn’t pick 80s pop rock haha . Went with a not so guilty pleasure (which still qualifies because I certainly don’t listen to the artist anymore ) instead

What I would give for sleep right now. Reckon I've been on 3hrs a night for the last 2 weeks.

Dont have kids.
Dont have sick mothers, or at least palm it off to sisters. Just more short term sleep loss. Kids are forever

Dont have sick mothers, or at least palm it off to sisters. Just more short term sleep loss. Kids are forever

It's just a night terrors phase. I couldn't live without my kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it would get better after the infant stage? :eek:

One phase just blends into the other. Almost through the stage where they don't sleep. Then it's onto the phase where you cant get them out of bed to be at school on time.

(Warning , late night , off-topic rambling to follow)
I don’t have kids of my own but want kids of my own *someday* . I’m still under 30 but feel like I’m running out of time (biologically and socially) and acknowledge that the “someday” might never happen . The prospect of never having kids gets me down sometimes , but I do my best to be grateful for what I have . So yes , seemingly sad songs like Luka really do help me relax/ cheer me up Chappyuk

Unlike many people though , I like other people’s kids too (that’s why I chose to work with them). I also love being an aunty! Sadly, a close family friend tragically and unexpectedly lost her baby at term after a healthy pregnancy :( . It has been a tough week and a bit.

However I have a lot to look forward to over the next few weeks , with the footy starting up and family including my little niece/nephew coming to visit us from interstate next month , yay :) ❤️

(Warning , late night , off-topic rambling to follow)
I don’t have kids of my own but want kids of my own *someday* . I’m still under 30 but feel like I’m running out of time (biologically and socially) and acknowledge that the “someday” might never happen . The prospect of never having kids gets me down sometimes , but I do my best to be grateful for what I have . So yes , seemingly sad songs like Luka really do help me relax/ cheer me up Chappyuk

Unlike many people though , I like other people’s kids too (that’s why I chose to work with them). I also love being an aunty! Sadly, a close family friend tragically and unexpectedly lost her baby at term after a healthy pregnancy :( . It has been a tough week and a bit.

However I have a lot to look forward to over the next few weeks , with the footy starting up and family including my little niece/nephew coming to visit us from interstate next month , yay :) ❤️

:heartssuit:

I am stumped.

Everything I liked as a kid I still like.

Nice job with the Grouper nom, NinjaSwan. I have to check out her other stuff, but AIA: Alien Observer is a superb album.

Right up your alley I think, Chappyuk.

To be fair, when I said it wasn't mine, I genuinely believed it wasn't. Getting home past midnight many nights in a row can do bizarre things to one's interpretation.

Oh FFS, this is the tone-deaf campaigner that won? And to make matters worse he won with baby's first indie rock? White indie high-school students rejoice!
Tone deaf are the people that think high pitched warbling is good music.

Does it strictly have to be from when you were a kid? Cos if so then I'm fudging my age lol
It's meant to be youth, but at a stretch just anything you haven't liked/listened to in a several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back