Song Contest Part X, Host: SM, Theme: Acts You Loved As a Kid, Noms Due: Sunday: 9:00pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I would give for sleep right now. Reckon I've been on 3hrs a night for the last 2 weeks.

Dont have kids.
Mary was up from 2-4am the night before last, GIGGLING and wanting to play. Nearly sold him on ebay. Then last night he slept through for the first time in ages, but I kept waking up waiting for him to want a feed :straining:

(Warning , late night , off-topic rambling to follow)
I don’t have kids of my own but want kids of my own *someday* . I’m still under 30 but feel like I’m running out of time (biologically and socially) and acknowledge that the “someday” might never happen .
You're still a baby yourself, my wife was 36 when she fell pregnant.

The process involved is reasonably straightforward (Im pretty sure its somewhere in one of your medical books, but the internet has plenty of 'instructional videos' if not)

I still like my nom. I just haven't listened to it for years.

Mary was up from 2-4am the night before last, GIGGLING and wanting to play. Nearly sold him on ebay. Then last night he slept through for the first time in ages, but I kept waking up waiting for him to want a feed :straining:
How old is little Mary now?

Or not seriously enough!

Because you were an adult in 2007!
So if you pick something from then or later , I’ll call you out haha ;)

You’re saying that like it’s a bad thing!

I have the opposite problem in that I couldn’t pick 80s pop rock haha . Went with a not so guilty pleasure (which still qualifies because I certainly don’t listen to the artist anymore ) instead
Lol I would get billied so hard.... Might go with a choice still from the 90s, but not as polarising... Waiting on host's opinion.
He did say the nom could be a band you've gone off, didn't need to be from when i was like 5 years old!!
2007 was over ten years ago and most of those artists i did like in my high school years too.

My first musical purchase was the cassingle of Charles and Eddie's 'Would I Lie To You".
Mine was the "Sweet and Sour" soundtrack. Bonus votes to anyone who knows what that is...

Welcome to my world. :(

It's coming down to bands that I don't listen to much anymore, if at all.
Same. I have a couple I could nom but like meb I think they are billy bait.

Host is too young - at around 30 you do hate a lot of songs you liked as a kid, but by your late 30s you like them again because:
(A) nostalgia
(B) you're too old to care about genres/popularity/taste/coolness and just enjoy everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tone deaf are the people that think high pitched warbling is good music.
You're only embarrassing yourself. Fishmans are literally one of best bands of the 90s. Seems you don't get non-Western music. So uncultured.

Nice job picking one of the first songs on every white teenager's playlist to get the win though. I sensed you got really creative with that choice. Would have been one of only 85 million hits on YouTube. :thumbsu:

You're only embarrassing yourself. Fishmans are literally one of best bands of the 90s. Seems you don't get non-Western music. So uncultured.

Nice job picking one of the first songs on every white teenager's playlist to get the win though. I sensed you got really creative with that choice. Would have been one of only 85 million hits on YouTube. :thumbsu:

Try to dry those tears buddy, I played it for multiple other people at work and home to see if I just wasn't "getting" it, and they all reacted in the same way to that ridiculous warble in the first minute and told me to turn that s**t off.

SM, am i allowed to nom something I liked as a kid, stopped liking as an adult, but like again now?

The spirit is as long as it's from a band that you don't listen to much anymore, then that's fine. You can still like that particular song.

Try to dry those tears buddy, I played it for multiple other people at work and home to see if I just wasn't "getting" it, and they all reacted in the same way to that ridiculous warble in the first minute and told me to turn that s**t off.

Fishmans was a billy contender for sure.

One does not have to 'get' non-western music to appreciate a song.
I listened to it 3 times this week and once again now, and I simply don't enjoy it.
SSwans2011 you may be more 'cultured' and open to foreign music than the rest of us here, that doesn't make this song any better than it is.

Having said that, I'm going to listen to some of Fishmans other tracks. Might find something I can get into.

I do appreciate the mixed tastes in the SC, it gives me the chance to discover music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back