SPFL 23/24 - On beIN Sports (Scottish Cup on 10)

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon he will.

It would be a massive opportunity to manage in the PL, especially as the first Australian to do it. And if it doesn’t work out in the PL, I reckon Celtic would be a job he can eventually go back to.
It's a hiding to nothing for many. The attraction is the money. Rodgers is probably going to get sacked, Gerrard got a result last night but will struggle to see out the season. Sure they'll be paid out but the lifespan in the Premiership is low. Conte was at Chelsea for 3 years, won the title and FA Cup and got sacked for finishing 5th.

Postecoglu won't be at Celtic forever but I'd be absolutely shocked if he left for a job like Brentford/WBA/Villa while Scotland have automatic Champions League qualification for the Champions.

It would be a massive opportunity to manage in the PL, especially as the first Australian to do it. And if it doesn’t work out in the PL, I reckon Celtic would be a job he can eventually go back to.

Given the supporters views on Rodgers I don't think leaving Celtic for the PL and coming back would ever be a realistic option. They take that stuff to heart.

What would be the biggest club that would look at Ange? Newcastle if Howe tanks may be the best case scenario? Might as well spend 3 years in Scotland first hoovering up trophies before going to a mid-low level team in the PL.

Given the supporters views on Rodgers I don't think leaving Celtic for the PL and coming back would ever be a realistic option. They take that stuff to heart.

What would be the biggest club that would look at Ange? Newcastle if Howe tanks may be the best case scenario? Might as well spend 3 years in Scotland first hoovering up trophies before going to a mid-low level team in the PL.
People are seriously overrating how strongly England view success in Scotland. And given the position of Villa and Leicester, it won't change soon. The only thing that would have a team that has essentially an unlimited budget (Newcastle United) looking at Ange would be success in the Champions League. Getting a point against Madrid and/or out of the group would be a start.

If Newcastle dropped, say 24, 25 points across 10 matches and they booted Howe, they are looking at the likes of Pochettino, not Postecoglu

People are seriously overrating how strongly England view success in Scotland. And given the position of Villa and Leicester, it won't change soon. The only thing that would have a team that has essentially an unlimited budget (Newcastle United) looking at Ange would be success in the Champions League. Getting a point against Madrid and/or out of the group would be a start.

If Newcastle dropped, say 24, 25 points across 10 matches and they booted Howe, they are looking at the likes of Pochettino, not Postecoglu
What you say is true but the English massively overhype their own league. See: Micah Richards saying that Benzema might be as good as Harry Kane.

On the OF: grim af. Might as well call the league now. Celtic don’t look like dropping points and Rangers seem to have lost any OF head to head record they established in the death roes of the Lennon era. Van Bronckhorst looks a decent cup manager and the squad clearly isn’t good enough.

Many teams will be looking at Postecoglu

Celtic have put together a great squad raiding Japan and Russia and play good football

Many teams will be looking at Postecoglu

Celtic have put together a great squad raiding Japan and Russia and play good football
re-reading my posts it might be a bit confusing but here's my take:

Top 6 or 8 English teams won't look at the CV of Ange with any real interest. I mentioned Poch, but in his group are guys like Koeman or Roberto Martinez (almost certainly available post World Cup)

Mid table clubs, unless underperforming will stick with their guy, and teams facing relegation look at Ange or maybe someone like Pascal Jansen. Van Bronckhorst has more runs on the board in European football with success in Netherlands and a European final. Flip of a coin, GVB is a better chance to be in England before Ange.

If a job, and probably the most prestigious one that fits my very narrow view of the world, like Everton came up, he's every chance to take a long hard look at it. Guessing he would, at a minimum double/triple his salary and have away days to Chelsea, Arsenal, United, etc rather than the 3.5 hour bus ride to Dingwall. But the downside is, 4 year contract payout aside, you get smashed and cast aside so easily. It happens all the time. The average stay as a Premiership manager is just over 2 years! Average Football Manager Tenure: Premier League v Championship

Right now, Ange is as close to a lifetime contract with regular Champions League football as the Scottish co-efficient can muster. He's utterly loved by the support and seems to truly revel in it.

It's a hiding to nothing for many. The attraction is the money. Rodgers is probably going to get sacked, Gerrard got a result last night but will struggle to see out the season. Sure they'll be paid out but the lifespan in the Premiership is low. Conte was at Chelsea for 3 years, won the title and FA Cup and got sacked for finishing 5th.

Postecoglu won't be at Celtic forever but I'd be absolutely shocked if he left for a job like Brentford/WBA/Villa while Scotland have automatic Champions League qualification for the Champions.

Not playing against Kilmarnock and Ross county is an attraction too.

Villa is a massive project that spend 100m every window. Ditto Newcastle and co.

Anges scouting, buying, team cohesion etc. Is being highly praised in some circles. Even spoken about as funnest team since Larsson days.

It's a challenge to do it at a higher level

Both options are good dynasty Celtic or moves on but I expect there will be interest in him soon than later

re-reading my posts it might be a bit confusing but here's my take:

Top 6 or 8 English teams won't look at the CV of Ange with any real interest. I mentioned Poch, but in his group are guys like Koeman or Roberto Martinez (almost certainly available post World Cup)

Mid table clubs, unless underperforming will stick with their guy, and teams facing relegation look at Ange or maybe someone like Pascal Jansen. Van Bronckhorst has more runs on the board in European football with success in Netherlands and a European final. Flip of a coin, GVB is a better chance to be in England before Ange.

If a job, and probably the most prestigious one that fits my very narrow view of the world, like Everton came up, he's every chance to take a long hard look at it. Guessing he would, at a minimum double/triple his salary and have away days to Chelsea, Arsenal, United, etc rather than the 3.5 hour bus ride to Dingwall. But the downside is, 4 year contract payout aside, you get smashed and cast aside so easily. It happens all the time. The average stay as a Premiership manager is just over 2 years! Average Football Manager Tenure: Premier League v Championship

Right now, Ange is as close to a lifetime contract with regular Champions League football as the Scottish co-efficient can muster. He's utterly loved by the support and seems to truly revel in it.
Not a chance GVB is above Ange. The style of play of Ange is way above and his rebuild in just over a year is remarkable. Europe came too early for Ange last season as he was still rebuilding.

Ange is a project manager so for him to be successful he needs proper buy in from the club who will get him the players he wants.

Not a chance GVB is above Ange. The style of play of Ange is way above and his rebuild in just over a year is remarkable. Europe came too early for Ange last season as he was still rebuilding.
You're not wrong on the rebuild, I'm just referring to the opinion of others. GVB has two Dutch cups and one Dutch title to his name. Against an Ajax team with far more resources at their disposal. Rangers knocked of much fancied opposition in Europe in the past 9 months under GVB. I honestly think that counts for more currently.

For all Ange's success in Japan, it's not rated properly.

If style was a primary consideration, Biesla would have a job right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was just typing that it's been a pretty rough month of results for Celtic.... then a crazy last 3 minutes haha, very lucky to get out of that.

There was a massive momentum shift last season when the winter break was taken early due to COVID.

The postponements due to the queen dying and the international break gave Rangers a chance to regroup and Celtic have battled away with a few injuries since.

The introduction of VAR was a shemozzle. Big night in the title race with Celtic overcoming the bad luck and Rangers dropping points to Livingston. Away to Livingston is a tough fixture on the plastic pitch but you don't want to be dropping points to them at home.

Hands up who knew there are ten tiers in the Scottish Football pyramid, not me.

I knew of six because one of the teams I follow, Loch Ness FC, currently plays in the North Caledonian League, but I didn't know there were so many other leagues below the Lowland League.

1667091362429.png

Anyway, in the North Caledonian League, Loch Ness FC have gotten off to fantastic start winning 8 of their first nine games and opening a 4pt gap between themselves and second place.

1667091921146.png

For those that may be interested, Loch Ness play out of Fortrose, which is about 15kms east of Dingwall (home of Ross County) and 15kms North of Inverness on the Moray Firth. In fact, Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club is closer to the actual Loch Ness than the Loch Ness Football Club.

Loch_Ness_F.C.png

At the moment they play at King George V Park which is basically a paddock with small changerooms and no stands, but hopefully that will change in the coming seasons as the club's ambitions to climb up the pyramid begin to take shape.

Stevie G saw it coming when they didn't give him money to spend over the summer. Now they've collected money from 3 big player sales, Europa run and Champions League participation and they still don't have any money to spend on the squad. No way would Gerrard go back there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back