Sports Sport you have never played but would like too/think you'd be alright at ?

Remove this Banner Ad

TheSituation23

Cancelled
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Houston Rockets
name that one sport that you've always wanted to play but have never for some reason. also why'd you think that would be a sport you'd enjoy ?

Gaelic football.

Haven't played for obvious reasons (no proper league where I was growing up).

Would love to though, played soccer and footy growing up so I think I would adapt well if I practiced enough, and I love taking people on in football (selling candy etc) which would be useful in Gaelic yes? Not fast though, just can dummy people then I have to get rid of it before I get chased down.

Couldn't play anything like baseball, cricket etc. My hand-eye coordination is alright when its a larger target, but trying to swing a bat :/ Also wouldn't have the patience to sit around in the field.

Would also like to try competitive swimming, wouldn't be good at it, but for the benefits of being able to swim out of dangerous situations/good lung capacity/general fitness/big shoulders.

Golf.

Growing up I played footy, tennis and my biggest passion is surfing but I always watched golf on TV and wanted to give it a crack but for whatever reasons, I'm yet to do it. Have promised myself I'll take it up by the time I'm 50, which is a looong way off still.

Rugby, used to play pick up games at school and was able to get around defenders with ease but never got motivated enough to actually go out and look for a club, plus being skinny wasn't good.

When I was a teenager I was told I had a good build for Rugby. I had a low center of gravity and I was just big enough without being fat (not so much now, I have ventured into fat territory). I could have been a forward of some description.

Alas, I was already playing too many other sports and I never pursued it. Would be interesting to be able to go back and have a go. Never know how I would have gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think if I had of taken up ice hockey I would be very good.

Always domintated field hockey and indoor hockey and stuff at school. And I can skate pretty well. Its not very big in Australia so I never got into it for obvious reasons.

Same with me, went over to Canada with school and we got the chance to go ice skating. I was pretty quick, just needed to learn how to stop :p

Also Lacrosse I think I'd be pretty decent at, we had a few state players in my PE class and I could usually hold my own, never really gave it too much thought though.

Tennis. Only played it once at a school training day thing. Dominated against people that had played it for years. Think it was the height.

i was good at european handball in PE class. was a fun sport too.
Yeah, I always loved Handball. We always just played variations of it, but I loved it. I played soccer and footy through all my youth, so the 'soccer with hands' thing equipped me well. My other mates who played soccer would be good with positioning, passing, shooting, things like that. But they struggled with the physicality, as they were only familiar with being tackled low. I always really, really enjoyed it as well.

I think I'd be alright in being a soccer goalie. All I need to do is to stop the ball from going through the goal I'm keeping. How hard can it be?

Back in PE classes in school, when we played footy I'd always play in the back pocket, so I figure I'd be alright there as well.

Probably Aussie rules, have played soccer my entire life. Can kick pretty well on both feet and have got some dash. Wouldn't mind giving it a go.

Being an Australian male, I firmly believe I could have been a professional sportsman in pretty much any sport were it not for biased coaches, lack of motivation, lack of opportunities and/or injuries.

Being an Australian male, I firmly believe I could have been a professional sportsman in pretty much any sport were it not for biased coaches, lack of motivation, lack of opportunities and/or injuries.
This right here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back