Preview St Kilda vs Western Bulldogs. Etihad Sat Night 7:25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well another win for our boys and now we enter the last phase of the season with St Kilda facing a dogs side priming for September action.

The key areas for us to win this has to be started in the middle and stopping their run off half back.

If we do that then we increase our chances of winning, however with how st kilda has been playing this season anything is possible.

IN
Shane Savage
Paddy McCartin

OUT
?

Reckon we really need to work on there half backs hard. Some tough roles for Wrighty and maybe Blake

Well another win for our boys and now we enter the last phase of the season with St Kilda facing a dogs side priming for September action.

The key areas for us to win this has to be started in the middle and stopping their run off half back.

If we do that then we increase our chances of winning, however with how st kilda has been playing this season anything is possible.
Delivery into forward 50 to beat their defence

Pretty sure this was Gresh' debut game when we last played them, round 2?

He really looked like he wasn't ready for the AFL. His awareness was horrible and I distinctly remember that handball turnover to Johanison who ran the length of the ground. I know it was his first game but I was actually kind of questioning his ability and our drafting for a small outside mid/fwd who lacks composure and awareness.

How things change over the course of half a season. Not only has he improved to be a first 22 lock, he's awareness, composure and evasiveness is probably about the best in the team

Yeah... I like Gresh lol

Wright out for Savage, very limited as a footballer just hard as a cats head. Not what you really need moving forward

Minchington for Paddy, only got the 6 touches and feeling a little lost at the moment. Paddy needs gametime

As others have said, win the clearances on the back of Hickey and be aware of their movement off half back and we're in this up to our eyeballs. Still expecting a loss though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN: Savage, Lonie, (Paddy)
OUT: McKenzie, Minchington, (Wright)

Minchington was a bit quiet, don't think the other two have done much wrong but somebody's gotta go.

Saints love a Saturday night game so you never know we could pull one out. Confidence should be pretty high. Membrey wasn't in the side in R2, hopefully he's worth 10+ goals and we can win.

IN: Savage, Lonie, (Paddy)
OUT: McKenzie, Minchington, (Wright)

Minchington was a bit quiet, don't think the other two have done much wrong but somebody's gotta go.

Saints love a Saturday night game so you never know we could pull one out. Confidence should be pretty high. Membrey wasn't in the side in R2, hopefully he's worth 10+ goals and we can win.
Don't think we can drop Macca
Love his tackling

In: Sav
Out: Wright

We Need to keep a smaller running side, to pressure the dogs all over the ground and prevent easy entries into their fwd 50

Pretty sure this was Gresh' debut game when we last played them, round 2?

He really looked like he wasn't ready for the AFL. His awareness was horrible and I distinctly remember that handball turnover to Johanison who ran the length of the ground. I know it was his first game but I was actually kind of questioning his ability and our drafting for a small outside mid/fwd who lacks composure and awareness.

How things change over the course of half a season. Not only has he improved to be a first 22 lock, he's awareness, composure and evasiveness is probably about the best in the team

Yeah... I like Gresh lol
He wasn't alone there that night.

OK, This is a reality check game. Melbourne are horrible mentally and they basically gave up against the saints quality pressure.

Bulldogs though will push the saints with their skill level, and I hope it won't be a blowout.

The thing to watch out will be how many head high frees they get with their ducking against the tackling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back