News Stadium: The NEW Home of Football in WA

Remove this Banner Ad

We have a three hour drive after the game and need to be back home between 9-10pm. At Subi we would park at Perth Mod and then head straight out of town, we needed to do similar at optus. So yesterday we parked at the convention centre and bussed it. Worked a treat. The car park at the convention centre was empty, and the bus was a lift ride and a short walk away. After the game the same, easy as and home by 9pm. Only difference was parking at PM was $10, Parking at the convention centre was $16.80.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Love the stadium, but does anyone reckon that the cup holders have seriously cooked the amount of passing room when getting to your seats? Even completely sober I feel as though I'm clumsy enough to legit fall down a row because there is such limited room.

Love the stadium, but does anyone reckon that the cup holders have seriously cooked the amount of passing room when getting to your seats? Even completely sober I feel as though I'm clumsy enough to legit fall down a row because there is such limited room.
Yes.

Also - Level 5 seems tighter than Level 1

and when your beer's sitting there in its cup holder, just mind your shoes when half of it splashes out when the person in front slumps into their seat...

I've been to 3 three games before yesterday and the buses were great then but yesterday about 8-10 freo/hammy hill buses pulled up to their stand while the curtin uni stand got none. In the end they changed one of the hammy hill ones to a curtin uni bus and we got on our way. Guessing it was only a once off given how crazy it was yesterday.

Water taxis would be awesome, that stopped at South Perth and Elizabeth Quay and went back, enough to get one every 10 mins or something. The shoreline around Heirsson Island is so nice these days as you go back towards the City.

You could make a little stop near the Raffles as well and people could get off there and go to the train station on Canning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First experience at Optus Stadium on Sunday, initial observations:
  • We stayed in the CBD, public transport to and from the stadiium was great. Could not fault it one bit from our experience.
  • Atmosphere and noise retention inside was great, when the palce was rockin in the first quarter it was as good as i have experienced anywhere. (Adelaide Oval included)
  • Entertainment (for kids) outside the ground i thought was lacking a little, its probably fine for a 40-45k crowd but when you have 56k there there needed to be one more activity available for kids. (we got there early and my son had a blast so not a major gripe)
  • Way finding signage inside the stadium is deplorable.
  • Assistance from staff inside the stadium even worse, so severly undermanned with people that can give directional assistance.
  • Easy to take a piss, get a beer and get a pie which are the three main staples of the footy experience so all positives there for me.
Overall (excluding the result) we had a great time at the stadium and cant wait to come back over.
Generally my footy travelling from SA is to Melbourne because the stadiums are better and never really concerned myself with going west that often, but with this new stadium and the great atmosphere there i will be coming over a lot more often in seasons going forward.

For the first 3 games we drove to station and caught the Freo train. Stress free and quick getting there. Going home not so pleasant on the train and quite slow.
On Sunday we walked from Royal St in E Perth and across the traffic bridge - 2km, 25 min. Nice walk, good foot bridge. We wondered why they bothered to build a new bridge when there was already a perfectly adequate one serving the same area.
I did feel sorry for the people who have forked out good money for seats in the sun. Must have been a real treat on Sunday.

For the first 3 games we drove to station and caught the Freo train. Stress free and quick getting there. Going home not so pleasant on the train and quite slow.
On Sunday we walked from Royal St in E Perth and across the traffic bridge - 2km, 25 min. Nice walk, good foot bridge. We wondered why they bothered to build a new bridge when there was already a perfectly adequate one serving the same area.
I did feel sorry for the people who have forked out good money for seats in the sun. Must have been a real treat on Sunday.
Was so hot in the sun thats for sure. I ended up standing in the standing area at the back on level one for the whole first half because it was too hot for my son. But my seats were only $30 so cant really complain and the view from the standing area is great anyway.

Does anyone have experience with the member resale process?

I put mine back yesterday as I can't make it Sat night - I've had a look on Ticketmaster and they're not there so either (a) they haven't been listed as 'for sale' yet, or (b) they were listed and sold very quickly.

How long does it normally take for tickets to be listed as 'for sale' once you've given them back?

I thought that on some occasions Saturday night players were having difficulty judging the flight of the ball in overhead marking contests. Lights a bit glarey due to smoke haze?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back