Analysis Stanley Vs Smith - For Rucks Sake...

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm as frustrated as everyone but I'd like to know who , if anyone, is our ruck coach and how much emphasis is placed at training on clearance work.
I know the Dockers and Eagles place huge emphasis on clearance work at training - I wonder how much focus we dedicate to it?
Our taps to advantage numbers must be in the toilet , time to change it up Cats :(
Ive seen Brad Ottens on the ground taking ruck practise before games.

I for one am curious why it was Danger and not Blitz hitting. Sure Blitz is no Sandy but he is aaalloot more competitive in the ruck the Danger, and its not like the Dons had a Gawn/Nic Nat combo....
The game was over, it might have given Danger some oomph.
CS said t won't happen again.
Just the whole game was one worth forgetting.
Best thing is to respond this week in every capacity.
As bad as we were, and nothing worked, we could hardly reproduce that form- it was not how we have been this year.
Every team will have a shocker- Demons, who are currently shining, have had 2; Hawks on Sunday, Tigers not great on Sunday, just don't see the point for the continual post mortem of Danger in the ruck etc when we know it was a once off.

Thanks 00VicWard001 - is he part time?
I know we tried to get Dean Cox presumably full time - wonder if Otto is a stop gap measure?
DC is doing good things with Swans rucks. They seemingly can afford fulltime everything. I watched their bench with interest down at Geelong, and every time players came off, they were straight on the ground getting hammies, quads, calves etc massaged by 3 massage therapists. I looked at our bench and nothing like that until some cramping in the last Q.
Do we have $ issues so that our departments are more frugal, or are other teams just more lavish in their spending? I must look at Carlton this week.

DC is doing good things with Swans rucks. They seemingly can afford fulltime everything. I watched their bench with interest down at Geelong, and every time players came off, they were straight on the ground getting hammies, quads, calves etc massaged by 3 massage therapists. I looked at our bench and nothing like that until some cramping in the last Q.
Do we have $ issues so that our departments are more frugal, or are other teams just more lavish in their spending? I must look at Carlton this week.
There is a cap on football department spending. So some teams put money into different areas. It is the reason we only have a part time ruck coach. Cause spending more on a full time one takes money away from other areas. Must be a real juggling act across all the different areas.

By going for Dean Cox, I think we were happy to spend the cash.

Also, just because Ottens was an awesome player, doesn’t mean that he’s a good coach. He might just be doing his part time assisting because he wants to help the club, but full time may be beyond him...

Cox was interviewed to be midfield coach not ruck coach. His expertise would have extended to the rucks obviously but he wasn't being chased as a full time ruck coach.
Ties back into my earlier point. I don't think anyone truly has a full time ruck coach, it's either a smaller job or just one part of a larger role.

Interesting fact listening to the KRock Podcast ( good listening, worth to hear it) 9 of each clubs number 1 Ruckman has all come from different clubs as they were mainly the back up Ruckman from another club. .

Needs to be Smith still IMO.

Kruzer is good tap and around the ground. Smith is good tap. Break even here at center bounnes but Kruzer IMO aint the most mobile. Zac needs to go with him and push the other way.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should add a Sav option as the club has publically stated him as a genuine Ruckman
I refuse to bow to such blatent CS stupidity.

As such - I have no issue with Sav rucking in F50. Id encourage that as its more jostling for position rather than jumping into another player.

The centre bounces however - forget it. Just effing no.

Thus, NO SAV IN THE TITLE FOR YOU!

GO Catters

happily taking criticism as the Sav Nazi...not the soup Nazi. :D

Personally, I'd like to see Buzza and Ratagolea tried
Buzza was terrific in his first season and hasn't been considered so far this season
He and the Rat put their bodies on the line, hurt people by breaking packs and have a passion for performance
Why hasn't this option been put on the tablle
The forgotten Buzz Saw
Blitz could give them a chop out if their tanks are running low
Come on Scotty, give us the double whammy

Personally, I'd like to see Buzza and Ratagolea tried
Buzza was terrific in his first season and hasn't been considered so far this season
He and the Rat put their bodies on the line, hurt people by breaking packs and have a passion for performance
Why hasn't this option been put on the tablle
The forgotten Buzz Saw
Blitz could give them a chop out if their tanks are running low
Come on Scotty, give us the double whammy
I think Buzza is a good option too. We cannot go worse than Smith/Stanley. Buzza is different and will put in 100% effort every time. He can work in tandem with Sav and he’s a better forward than Stanley.

Think Stanley has put this well and truly to bed, has been genuinely fantastic for 4 weeks now, finally playing the kind of quality consistent footy we all hoped he would.
What I've found interesting is it's an increase of impact over his entire game, he's not just rucking well but his ground work and work around the ground (and in the air) are miles ahead of where he was prior.
Hopefully he can keep it up and actually continue this type of form so it's no longer a "purple patch of good footy" and instead a "good career".

I think Buzza is a good option too. We cannot go worse than Smith/Stanley. Buzza is different and will put in 100% effort every time. He can work in tandem with Sav and he’s a better forward than Stanley.

Buzza isn’t a Rick mans a-hole. Gets flogged in the taps and isn’t remotely mobile. Honestly, he’ll be lucky to be on the list next year.

Still smith if he gets over whatever has been impacting him this season.

Stanleys form been great but he is a second ruck. We are at a disadvantage with stanley as first ruck against the a grade rucks.

Ruck contests do actually matter despite the clubs denial in the matter.
Stanley AND Smith fit and in form give us the advantage I have said all along. Rucks are then NOT our issue.

Think Stanley has put this well and truly to bed, has been genuinely fantastic for 4 weeks now, finally playing the kind of quality consistent footy we all hoped he would.
What I've found interesting is it's an increase of impact over his entire game, he's not just rucking well but his ground work and work around the ground (and in the air) are miles ahead of where he was prior.
Hopefully he can keep it up and actually continue this type of form so it's no longer a "purple patch of good footy" and instead a "good career".

!?!??!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back