Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

* rey's dual lightsaber device can actually be folded up/down, not a staff like Maul's, a new kind of lightsaber device

* official SW facebook page posted an article about this image of dark side rey as a live stream, and described it verbatim as a VISION of rey. Literally while the live stream is still going, Lucasfilm changes the article verbatim to SIGHT of rey. ie, whenever SW takes something down, and so rapidly like that, it means something. SW did the same thing when it was revealed too soon about the Sith Troopers during the comicon, and LF took that info down quickly. months pass and now we know more about the Sith Troopers, but we weren't supposed to back at comiccon. so here it means this "dark side rey" concept is only a VISION of a possible rey, that she sees of herself in the movie if this or that were to happen, and not an actual real-life moment in the movie. much like when Luke sees himself in Vaders helmet during that trip into the cave of dagobah.

* the commentator's initial reaction was that it being a VISION of a possible rey is a cheap disingenuous tactic, that he'd rather see rey actually turn to the dark side.

* but on deeper thought, he has a theory -- yoda in TLJ says "lose ben solo you did, lose rey we cannot". now in context with reys parentage being explored/answered in IX that line is very important. so this vision of dark side rey IF she joins palpatine, the reason rey is so powerful, is linked to her origin, a creation of palpatine, so if palpatines contigency plans (as per aftermath) come to pass then this dark side rey is what will happen. and this is what must be stopped from happening.

* they suggest perhaps there are MULTIPLE clones of rey, that palpatine has, and this rey we know and love in the ST is actually just the first clone come to life, and that perhaps rey has to end up fighting her own other clones, perhaps there really is a dark side rey clone unleashed by palpatine from the jakku observatory, WHILST this current rey is still going about. so rey fighting an actual dark side rey of herself.

* perhaps even the Sith Troopers are all the multiple rey clones.

* but they pull back from this suggestion because it's too much for disney to do, perhaps just the VISION of rey, like the luke/dagobah scene, would be enough of an interesting thing, and disney wouldn't want to spoil the goody-two-shoes rey.

* they go into a few examples of how JJ's other movies/script ideas play with such things, reverse-engineering solutions to big problems. eg, here's the problem with rey/tlj, and finding a way to fix it in the big picture, by subtle manipulations in the script, showing things as speculation and then pulling away from that as opposed to writing characters to actually change and go thru a development into something.

* fanbois tho will really want the actual dark side rey, or as multiple clone of rey idea. but really, there's been absolutely zero leaks at all for all these months that suggest a true dark side rey.

* wonder if this time they might make the bad guys win in the end of IX. people tired of always the happy ending, bad guys lose thing. perhaps theres a fulfilling way to close out the saga with the bad guys winning.

* like the other video i posted, rey is meant to be palpatines better upgraded version of vader, created in the jakku observatory, getting rid of all the flaws of vader, a more powerful force user, etc.

* but they still want to see her turn dark. consider how IX is rumored to have multiple twists and turns and shocks, so perhaps rey really does turn dark, as just one of the twists and turns and shocks, because there are supposed to be more of them to keep you "omg"ing. would hate for disney to keep playing it safe and do nothing of substance, just more of the same easy-out tropes. but one of them reckons they'll take enough risks in this movie without a dark side rey.

etc etc if you wanna watch the rest.

* there's just no way palpatine wins, he will, he must die, and the movie ends on a good note, especially if they TEASE enough things in the movie, like dark side rey, like evil winning, a few big shocks to things happening in previous acts, that'll be enough controversy for fans to be happy and then end it all on a positive/happy note, and likely rey and kylo BOTH surviving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to predict that it's a Rey from an alternate timeline where Palpatine won and is still alive and that's where he comes into it.

So that sneak peek was mostly just a Nostaglia Boner attempt, right?

She'll be dreaming of turning to the dark side, 100%.

"The story of a generation comes to an end."

At least until the next trilogy. And the one after that.

Actually scratch that, thats going to be her clone with the red lightsaber. Shes a clone of Anikan gone wrong, and the other clone turned out correct.

it looks almost like a mechanical rey, not a real life rey, the way she/it moves when snapping the dual lightsaber into place, and her skin texture and mannerism looks un-human.

i reckon it's a mechanical rey, or, like they suggested, a secondary clone of rey. and she might have to fight it.

100%, Ill say Palp had tried to clone old Darth and from that came Rey and this other Rey, one turned out light one dark, and thats why shes TECHNICALLY a Skywalker through DNA, but not through parental relation.

The problem with the clone theory is if you clone a man, you get a man, not a woman. So I'm not buying that Rey is clone of Anakin Skywalker at this point. But we know with the previous films, they'll go in a direction completely opposite to what they think we fans expect. This is how modern movie makers destroy a franchise, they change s**t for the sake of it and in the process take out the parts that made the originals so enjoyable.

The problem with the clone theory is if you clone a man, you get a man, not a woman. So I'm not buying that Rey is clone of Anakin Skywalker at this point. But we know with the previous films, they'll go in a direction completely opposite to what they think we fans expect. This is how modern movie makers destroy a franchise, they change s**t for the sake of it and in the process take out the parts that made the originals so enjoyable.
dont put it past LF/Kennedy. A better refined Anakin? Woman.

Tend to think itll be a vision. As in, Rey contemplating if I do this, Ill end up like this. Nice visual but perhaps a bit cheap.
C3po with red dark side electrical ocular circuits? Now thats cheap.:D
Disney extending themselves here.

Have only just seen the trailer, didn't do that much for me. Probably because it was 2/3 of it was packed with nostalgia ("let the past die" right?)

Visually, impressive as you would expect. That last scene with Rey is surely some kind of vision etc. Given the amount of misdirects thrown our way this trilogy. The highlight of the new footage for me was certainly this.

fheyfe47mhhehr7ozasd.gif

Have only just seen the trailer, didn't do that much for me. Probably because it was 2/3 of it was packed with nostalgia ("let the past die" right?)

Visually, impressive as you would expect. That last scene with Rey is surely some kind of vision etc. Given the amount of misdirects thrown our way this trilogy. The highlight of the new footage for me was certainly this.

fheyfe47mhhehr7ozasd.gif
I don't think it's a trailer, it's more a D23 package, which is why it has all the other stuff.

At this point wouldn't the misdirect more likely be that evil Rey is real? Everyone is thinking vision.

I don't think it's a trailer, it's more a D23 package, which is why it has all the other stuff.

At this point wouldn't the misdirect more likely be that evil Rey is real? Everyone is thinking vision.

Yes fair enough, trailer probably not the right description.

I've also read that theory, given everyone is expecting misdirection from TLJ's trailer suggesting that Rey was to join Kylo with the clever editing of his outstretched hand. So yes, that is quite a possibility. Maybe Disney knows everyone will be suspicious, so instead they give it to you on a platter. But the liklihood of her actually turning evil in this film? Slim I would say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back