Movie Star Wars: The Last Jedi. - THREAD PART 1 - *SPOILERS and RUMORS* - Cont. in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZoJsxRCl.jpg

That was the first impression I got. That Rey's look and hair was harking back to Anakin in ROTS. Suggesting that maybe Rey is Anakin re-incarnate in Rian's script.

The other first impression I got, was that they're trying to feminize Rey more in TLJ because there was probably some criticism that Rey looked too androgynous in TFA.

Now THAT would be a reveal!! Rey Jinn. To confuse with Jynn Erso :p

---

btw

---

The Last Jedi is interesting.

Pulled from the crawl of TFA, which clearly was singular referencing Luke.

Originally translated as singular in foreign languages, before Disney finally officially said it was plural.

Rey is too old, and too soon to be a Jedi -- even to become one at the end of one film (TLJ), it took Luke three movies to officially become one starting at a similar age to Rey.

Instead....I'd wonder if the last Jedi(s) refers to a bunch of students Luke has hidden on Ach-To that he's been secretly training, the last remnants, possibly a few survivors from the Knights of Ren massacre.

You could have a scene where Snoke has kidnapped Rey, and then the Force Ghost of Qui-Gon, in the manner of "Taken" video calls Snoke and issues him with an ultimatum to return his grand-daughter.
Great-Grand Daughter more likely. Hell Qui-Gon is more plausible to me than the Obi-Wan theory as Qui-Gon was more rebellious than Obi-Wan.

Obi Wan - "There's a name I haven't heard for a long time". Obi-Wan fell from his faith. The "whitest" of Jedi, he had an affair with Padme, Luke and Leia were his progeny, not Anakin's.

He confessed his failure to Yoda, and his desire to leave the Jedi faith. Yoda forbade him, instead exiling him to a far away planet, isolated from his fellow jedi, forbidding him from taking on new padawan's and to find "himself" and be at peace once again within the force. Hence his location on Tattooine watching over Luke in IV.

Luke has abandoned many of the ways of the force, including taking a partner/wife/lover with whom he procreated. Luke's teachings embraced the "Grey", using both sides of the force, with an alignment much closer to Qui Gon's interpretation than the Jedi. His search for original Jedi artifacts led him to learn much of the teachings of the I-III era Jedi (ie Yoda) were not based on the true origins of the Jedi, but rather only one splintered (extremist) faction.

Rey is the child of Luke, Grandchild of Obi-Wan. Poe may or may not be her half-brother, sharing the same mother as Rey.

Originally translated as singular in foreign languages, before Disney finally officially said it was plural.

Rey is too old, and too soon to be a Jedi -- even to become one at the end of one film (TLJ), it took Luke three movies to officially become one starting at a similar age to Rey.

Instead....I'd wonder if the last Jedi(s) refers to a bunch of students Luke has hidden on Ach-To that he's been secretly training, the last remnants, possibly a few survivors from the Knights of Ren massacre.
I like this idea more than Luke just brooding alone. Ultimately, we want to get the point where we can have large scale Jedi fights that improve on the prequels. That said, you really do need multiple Sith for it to really work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we'll see Kylo acquire Darth Vader's red lightsaber. Meanwhile, Rey will own Anakin's one. And thus a duel between Kylo and Rey, or Vader and Anakin, the lightsabers anyway, heavily implied/stylized. Perhaps something we then see revealed in Episode IX -- why that Vader-Anakin lightsaber duel took place, what it means.

How would he have Vader's red lightsaber? Luke cut off the hand that Vader was holding it with, I assume it fell off that walkway and into the abyss

How would he have Vader's red lightsaber? Luke cut off the hand that Vader was holding it with, I assume it fell off that walkway and into the abyss
In one of the new canon books, they talk about a group of people called the acolytes or something, who specifically hunt for old treasure and relics of the old empire, and how they acquire darth vader's red lightsaber. This group is rumored to be the forerunner to what eventually becomes the knights of ren. Or, even if not, somehow Snoke or Kylo acquire it, probably Kylo, because he's obsessed with Vader -- he owns his burnt out helmet, which he no doubt also obtained from these acolytes.

In one of the new canon books, they talk about a group of people called the acolytes or something, who specifically hunt for old treasure and relics of the old empire, and how they acquire darth vader's red lightsaber. This group is rumored to be the forerunner to what eventually becomes the knights of ren. Or, even if not, somehow Snoke or Kylo acquire it, probably Kylo, because he's obsessed with Vader -- he owns his burnt out helmet, which he no doubt also obtained from these acolytes.

Fair enough, I'm surprised the lightsaber survived the destruction of the death star though.

Fair enough, I'm surprised the lightsaber survived the destruction of the death star though.
You know Star Wars (and movies in general), they can always come up with some bullshit reason to cover a plot-hole. Like, how Darth Maul somehow survived tho cut into two pieces, and managed to make his way back into official canon (thru Rebels) as being still alive right thru to near the time of A New Hope (as Rebels reaches that era).

Further on this...

"What if both Luke and Rey's journey is not just training, but go around the galaxy to gather the last jedi"

That's a good theory. Perhaps even better. Not like there's a bunch of Jedi Luke was training and hiding on Ach-To, but that Luke had managed thru means available on Ach-To, a secret Temple, Jedi holocron, to locate the whereabouts of other existing Jedi previously thought dead or non-existent. So he trains Rey best he can for now, and they set off to find them and bring them together to fight Snoke and Kylo.

Maybe Luke picked it up? He dragged Vader's body to a shuttle, the lightsaber would have been childs play.

Possibly, but Luke did cut off Vader's hand which was holding the lightsaber.

images

I would've thought his right hand and the lightsaber would've gone off that edge

Possibly, but Luke did cut off Vader's hand which was holding the lightsaber.

images

I would've thought his right hand and the lightsaber would've gone off that edge
Maybe it landed on the the Millenium Falcon or Wedge's X-Wing?

How the * did they recover Luke's hand that fell into the depths of the Bespin Gas Giant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back