State of the List - Midseason 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I guess, but how far off do you reckon Edwards is from providing actual depth to our AFL forward line?
And as Luff said when they hired CCJ, "we feel Callum is more of a ruck-forward than a forward-ruck".

Poor old Luffy or Nuffy as other clubs referred to him as. Edwards probably 2/3 years.
Well yes and in fairness to the club . They do believe they've sorted out Charlie. So...

Larkey (FF) Comben (CHF) leaves CCJ to spend time as a ruck/fwd. Along with Xerri as a ruck. So it isn't too bad really.

Or can we get two years out of Goldy? That is my preferred option- we can't afford to be shite next season.

Good read. Only real disagreement is Scott.

Really sad reading tbh. List is in terrible shape.

I just remind myself of Scotty T when he first came along, awkward kicking and running action.
but by the end of his career, he was one of the most reliable by hand and foot. skills are something that can certainly be worked on.
I miss him so much

images

Poor old Luffy or Nuffy as other clubs referred to him as. Edwards probably 2/3 years.
Well yes and in fairness to the club . They do believe they've sorted out Charlie. So...

Larkey (FF) Comben (CHF) leaves CCJ to spend time as a ruck/fwd. Along with Xerri as a ruck. So it isn't too bad really.

Or can we get two years out of Goldy? That is my preferred option- we can't afford to be shite next season.

No doubt we can expect to see improvements soon after Charlie returns. And two more years of Goldie would be pretty handy, I agree.

But just to finish my tangent... lets compare our KPF stocks against other teams at our end of the ladder:
This year, Adelaide have fielded 5 key forwards in the seniors at various points (Thilthorpe, Himmelberg, Fogarty, Tex, Gollant)
* have fielded Jones, Wright, Francis, and Baldwin.
GWS have fielded Hogan, Himmelberg, Sproule and Riccardi, and have just acquired Derksen.
Even WC, in the absence of Oscar Allen, have still fielded Darling, Kennedy, and Dixon.

And us? We've only fielded Larkey and eked just four games from CCJ. The rest of the time, we've sent Goldy and X down forward and hoped for the best.

It suggests that when the club describes this season as "a development year," they're putting it pretty mildly indeed.

I’d say the write up of Bailey Scott is harsh I do think his skills are improving.

Stopped reading after that

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah it's dark. Real dark.

33 Y.O - Goldstein
32 Y.O - Nil
31 Y.O - Hall, Ziebell
30 Y.O - Cunnington, Greenwood
29 Y.O - Walker, Polec
28 Y.O - Anderson
27 Y.O - McDonald, Corr
26 Y.O - Turner
25 Y.O - Nil
24 Y.O - Simpkin, McKay, Dawson
23 Y.O - Zurhaar, Xerri, Larkey, Stephenson
22 Y.O - Taylor, Davies-Uniacke, Bonar, Coleman-Jones, Thomas, Hayden
21 Y.O - McGuinness, Bosenavulagi, Scott
20 Y.O - Comben, Perez, Lazzaro, Powell, Mahony
19 Y.O - Phillips, Ford, Bergman, Walker, Curtis, Edwards
18 Y.O - Horne-Francis, Goater, Archer

But how can anyone possibly be surprised? Until the 24-22 Y.O's are 28-26 Y.O, we are a bottom 4-6 side.

Yeah it's dark. Real dark.

33 Y.O - Goldstein
32 Y.O - Nil
31 Y.O - Hall, Ziebell
30 Y.O - Cunnington, Greenwood
29 Y.O - Walker, Polec
28 Y.O - Anderson
27 Y.O - McDonald, Corr
26 Y.O - Turner
25 Y.O - Nil
24 Y.O - Simpkin, McKay, Dawson
23 Y.O - Zurhaar, Xerri, Larkey, Stephenson
22 Y.O - Taylor, Davies-Uniacke, Bonar, Coleman-Jones, Thomas, Hayden
21 Y.O - McGuinness, Bosenavulagi, Scott
20 Y.O - Comben, Perez, Lazzaro, Powell, Mahony
19 Y.O - Phillips, Ford, Bergman, Walker, Curtis, Edwards
18 Y.O - Horne-Francis, Goater, Archer

But how can anyone possibly be surprised? Until the 24-22 Y.O's are 28-26 Y.O, we are a bottom 4-6 side.
I reckon we could be contending for a top 8 spot in 2024, but it will require some deft list management, better luck with injuries than we have had to date, and trading in 2 or 3 A-graders in the 24 - 28 age bracket.

I reckon we could be contending for a top 8 spot in 2024, but it will require some deft list management, better luck with injuries than we have had to date, and trading in 2 or 3 A-graders in the 24 - 28 age bracket.
+ the additional 2 years of an High Performance team that isn't the worst in the competition anymore...

+ the additional 2 years of an High Performance team that isn't the worst in the competition anymore...
Yeah. If you permit me to go all TZ (or is that Usayed?) for a moment, because its Friday arvo and I've cracked open a bentspoke:

YEAR ONE OF TWO YEAR PLAN TO GET BACK TO FINALS CONTENTION
X traded out for pick 35.
Atu, Patrick Walker, Hayden all delisted. (so four spots available)
J Walker can also be delisted, depending on which trades landed.

Pick 2: Busslinger (KPD youth sorted)
Priority pick: Tom Scully or Harry Lemmey (KPF youth sorted)
Pick 35: Cooper Harvey

Land trades on at least 2 of the following categories:

KPD Depth and Experience: Griffin Logue - 600k for four years (can delist Walker)
Small forward Experience: Willie Rioli - 500k for four years
KPF Experience (and KPD Swingman as a bonus): Dan McStay - 600k for four years (can delist Walker)
Elite defensive 50 playmaker: Bailey Dale - 750k for four years

Last edited:
Reckon we’ve been too hard on our senior players expecting them to help us out of this - we know their limitations… every single one of them.

This was the year for LDU, TT, Jy, Stephenson and Larkey to really blow up- I dare say they have really gone hiding since the expectations crept up.

Jy hasn't. LDU ... he's doing better than ever before as well. TT had a bad first game and looked like he was going out of his way to make up for it in the second before that injury. I don't think he is 100% yet myself. Larkey is struggling but started the season well. Needs more support. But personally I expected more from all of them.

The top three vote getters from the St Kilda game were all senior players too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stopped reading after that

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Well you read most of it then hahaha

I did say he's showing promise at half back, and he's definitely improved on last year.

I didn't think it'd be so controversial to suggest his future is questionable. He's right on the edge in my opinion. He's a running halfback who at the moment isn't very attacking or creative with his kicking. I understand he's playing in a new position for him, and I do hope his kicking and aggression improves as he gets more comfortable. I'm not willing to sit here though at the moment and say I think he's a lock to become a good regular senior footballer. It's just my opinion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back