Free Agency Steven Motlop [signed with Port]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah thinking the same. Gone down hill big time last couple of years. Could be in need of a change and a fresh start could do wonders.
A club could do worse than picking him up as a FA.

A spec pick at best and he MUST be placed on a basic performance based contract.

He's survived at Geelong because their bottom four have been poor for a few years now.

He wouldn't be getting a game on more even lists.

Nah, we have that area more than covered.

I see him as a slightly more dynamic LT upgrade for Kangaroos. Can be a match winner on his day.

LT has his shortcomings, but he also has more heart in his little finger than Motlop has shown in his entire career.

Nah, we have that area more than covered.

I see him as a slightly more dynamic LT upgrade for Kangaroos. Can be a match winner on his day.

Can be a match winner on his day*

* If that day is against the Lions or the team is already in a winning position

Really?

Kicked the first goal when no other Cat could and I thought he tried harder in the final term than most of his side.

Two poor kicks but had a crack.

He tries but i think it's best for both him and club that he has a fresh start somewhere else.

Port seems to be the rumour.

Really?

Kicked the first goal when no other Cat could and I thought he tried harder in the final term than most of his side.

Two poor kicks but had a crack.
Yep, a false narrative that keeps being echoed by those with an inability to think for themselves, and to fit in with the other sheep that have the same shortcomings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, did Gold Coast beat the Lions this season?

Yes

We beat the Hawks and Geelong this year but as this was the Steven Motlop thread I didn't feel it was relevant to this discussion

Does Motlop play well against the Lions? Yes - why - because they are a wooden spoon team

Yes

We beat the Hawks and Geelong this year but as this was the Steven Motlop thread I didn't feel it was relevant to this discussion

Does Motlop play well against the Lions? Yes - why - because they are a wooden spoon team

Or maybe because we dont have the defender to play on him really ;)

So easy fix to that, reunite him with Walker and Christensen! And maybe Jansen, but lets be honest, hes half way out the door.

PS: You didnt beat us, you lost both times, silly!

Or maybe because we dont have the defender to play on him really ;)

So easy fix to that, reunite him with Walker and Christensen! And maybe Jansen, but lets be honest, hes half way out the door.

PS: You didnt beat us, you lost both times, silly!
Honestly, what happened to Jansen?

He always looked a solid enough VFL player, and seemed to have potential as a solid-bodied midfielder. Has he had injuries, or just really not good enough at AFL level?

Honestly, what happened to Jansen?

He always looked a solid enough VFL player, and seemed to have potential as a solid-bodied midfielder. Has he had injuries, or just really not good enough at AFL level?

He has the turning circle of a Titanic when it saw the iceberg. Theres word he had some attitude issues as well. I wonder myself if he expected to just walk into our seniors and be cemented there based on his trade alone. Who knows on that one.

I think his contract ends this or next season and yeah. Fagan played him once I think.

Sam Lloyd is playing VFL for Richmond - I would prefer to keep Lloyd than get Motlop he has been crap for 2 years and wont get any better
Pass
Bloke has regressed at an alarming rate

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Motlop has gone backwards for sure. Very talented though and a change of club could be the best thing for him. Make of it what you will. However Motlop was working hard Friday night. Was right up there if not leading the repeat sprints and general sprinting. Just doesn't get enough footy and Friday night he butchered it. He is better than that.
If he is FA I'd like Melbourne to look at him.

Held out for a big contract, then came back the next summer looking like Darren Jarman and playing like s**t. The criticism got him down and he started to doubt himself. Needs a fresh start.
Fixed, and I mean his post playing days

In all seriousness, he would actually slot in well in your front runner forward line.
North Port Richmond are my guesses

If he played perm forward and kicked his 45 a year I'd be happy enough to keep him on his current salary
We offered him a contract a few years back. Ended up signing with Geelong for overs and coming back to Pre-Season training twice the size.

Would be behind at least 3 players, in our VFL team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back