Sunday Evening Football - Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 23, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Football Club
Do you like how it's worked this year? Crowd sizes have seemed decent, I'd like to see it stay. It's kinda like a D/N 50 over OD in cricket.

You?

Sunday night footy is no good.......its just far too long to wait to see ur team play on the weekend

I think it's been fantastic. Fox Sports has covered the games this season brilliantly. Picture quality and sound has been first class. Channel 7 & 10 need to take a good look at themselves. An absolute disgrace this season, especially the sound quality.

Before the season I thought it was a terrible idea, but I thought it was great. Meant I could do things during the day on Sunday and still get to the footy.

touche.

Wasn't overly impressed with the idea, untill i saw the hawk vs buldogs or kanga's (can't remember which one)

sunday evening football

great on tv

sux when you have to go..

totally agree. pretty sure essendon only had one this year (against the tigers a couple of weeks ago). had it not been hirdy's farewell i wouldn't have gone, and i live across the road from the MCG, so its not like its a big effort

Biggest load of crap around.
Considering we had more home twighlight games (Sunday) than anyone else I can say that from my POV the scheduling might be great for TV but for attending live - carp. get rid of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missed all Roos twilight games and was the reason why I got Foxtel ahead of a membership.

3 hours from the ground means leaving at 1.30pm means wrecking Sunday whatevers means getting home late on a Sunday night in winter means it is better to watch on TV in my lounge.

I'm not the only one...the Roos lost 6 adult members in my area ($700) because of chasing twilight games.

Gaso

Biggest load of crap around.
Considering we had more home twighlight games (Sunday) than anyone else I can say that from my POV the scheduling might be great for TV but for attending live - carp. get rid of it.

get your facts right first

Port - 3 home twilight matches
Fremantle - 5 home twilight matches (6 if you include our "AWAY" derby)

and i must say, on tv, i love twilight matches, and well, going to the game is still awesome because it gives me enough time to get home, lets just not have sunday night football, because the AFL must realise, we all have work yo go to on monday, so getting home around midnight (because you have to celebrate the footy :)) is not the most ideal option

It's great if you're watching at home on TV, perfect timeslot. But I'm not a big fan of actually going to the footy on a Sunday night. Sunday night is a recovery night, and when you're looking forward to a game all weekend, you don't have time to soak up the result once it's over.

I hated it, froze my testicles off in the middle of winter and you can't recover the next day by sleeping in like you can after a friday or saturday night game.

For games in Adelaide or especially Perth I think it is ok (but only if fans from those places like it?). For games in Melbourne it is rubbish but knowing the AFL despite the pathetic crowds and lack of interest for it in general in Melbourne they will just point to the Richmond v Essendon game (which would have attracted a massive crowd even it was held on a Tuesday morning) and declare it a success. :rolleyes:

Missed all Roos twilight games and was the reason why I got Foxtel ahead of a membership.

3 hours from the ground means leaving at 1.30pm means wrecking Sunday whatevers means getting home late on a Sunday night in winter means it is better to watch on TV in my lounge.

I'm not the only one...the Roos lost 6 adult members in my area ($700) because of chasing twilight games.

Gaso

You have got to be shitting me. When every membership counts we have people not signing up because the AFL scheduled as to play twilight games.

Thats pretty piss poor Gaso.

Don't have foxtel so the only game I saw was when I attended Dogs v Crows in round 2 at the MCG, on Easter Sunday.

I'd love it if I could watch it every week, but in terms of attending its crap. Especially when you don't live in the city and have to catch trains to and from Spencer Street, and then to and from the ground. It might be better at Telstra Dome, but still from me its a no.

Plus, the round of football never seems trluy finished to me, as sometimes I don't know who won that last match until the next morning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back