News Swans Talk In The Media 2017 (footy talk only, please)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So clarko only gets judged on what he does from now on right?

So the the 4 flags 4 GF in a row doesn't mean anything.

The best player of the mondern game leaving the hawks and he still goes on to win 2 flags!
While we have the the best player of the mondern game and have lost 2 with him

Don't get it

We know why

We know why

lol. Well if you know the processes I go through to form opinions (such as the relative merit of respective coaching ability of clarkson) then why ask the question?

Id certainly be interested in knowing what you think you know about my opinions.

I place zero credence in premierships. They happen by chance in one game IMO. The merit of any one player or coach is determined by success over time. He's had that yes. But to eliminate all the other factors which may bias that success (batch of highest quality players; influence of assistant coaches etc etc) will only then peel back and expose skill. Roos developed a poorly performing team to success, left and then took a basket case different team (melbourne ) to relative success.

I therefore rate Roos whose skill can be unquestioned because there can be no other bias influencing outcome if it is repeatedly replicated in success with successive teams. Ok?

I can and will accord clarkson that regard IF he can start from a rabble and rebuild to success again because then whatever biases are eliminated (assistant coaches moved on, exceptional player group retired Etcetc)

In determining any decision you gather evidence and give greatest weight to that evidence which is most persuasive. Roos gets a tick on basis of persuasiveness of evidence. Clarkson as yet doesn't. Simple really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back