News Swans Talk In The Media 2017 (footy talk only, please)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
your obviously not going to give much away but can you say its a sauce within the club or more of a social circle?
Inside the club for dusty

I was told by a family member of jones that if Sydney didn't come up with more he was leaving , I said this on here over 2 months ago now

I was told Reid was staying due to his misses be very family orientated but things can change in regards to that

Inside the club for dusty

I was told by a family member of jones that if Sydney didn't come up with more he was leaving , I said this on here over 2 months ago now

I was told Reid was staying due to his misses be very family orientated but things can change in regards to that
Tippett can go and if Jones wants more he can go as well, he's not a superstar

To stay, Jones will want 600K plus from us. If Dusty isn't in the frame I want to keep Jones but I'm a big fan of one step back, two steps forward.
Dusty will have a bigger impact towards winning a game than Jones will have, as does Buddy. These dynamic players are worth every cent in any sport in the world.
We have a unique situation where we are a very respected club by many players in the AFL.

To stay, Jones will want 600K plus from us. If Dusty isn't in the frame I want to keep Jones but I'm a big fan of one step back, two steps forward.
Dusty will have a bigger impact towards winning a game than Jones will have, as does Buddy. These dynamic players are worth every cent in any sport in the world.
We have a unique situation where we are a very respected club by many players in the AFL.
I heard he wants to get out of Melbourne, can't stand it anymore. If we do get him, the likes of Foote etc can be thrown in.

2012 we win the p'ship.
2013 in comes Tippett & no decent offer made to Mummy. Buddy going to GWS if not staying at Hawks.
2014 in comes Buddy. Play in GF. Lose Malceski & ROK retires.
2015 Trade ban kicks in & we are unable to trade in players even though we lose players through retirement or trading out.
2016 Unable to trade in players due to ban. Start to blood very young players, 9 in total I think. Play in GF with hands tied. Don't give Tom Mitchell a good offer & lose him to Hawks but get some good picks. Hayward & Florent.
2017 Blood another 5 players. Start season 0 & 6. GWS are flying & become P'ship favourites. Gillon & the boys club are laughing hysterically with Eddie leading the chanting with Mike Thatfatprick. After Round 17 Swans sit 10 & 7, Reid & Jones remain unsigned, the Dusty to Swans rumour gathers momentum, Towers is playing consistently good footy & Foote is dominating the NEAFL, increasing his trade value.

There are that many strange things happening in AFL land this season that soon enough, someone will tell me we've won the 2017 premiership.

Jake nial saying he contacted the club and we said no way are we interested

Who is he?
Chief AFL reporter with Fox Sports

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe after all the discussions we have had about our depth that so many on here are keen to dip their toes straight back in that pool all over again. Martin would cripple us on the field
According to grims Twitter post its Reid, Jones and Tippett this trade period plus God knows how many young guys we'll lose over the years aswell.

According to grims Twitter post its Reid, Jones and Tippett this trade period plus God knows how many young guys we'll lose over the years aswell.

If that turns out to be the case then that is just reckless on the club's behalf. We've searched for years for a running half back with some mongrel and finally found one in Jones, then we trade him out for a mid who, even though he's a gun, can be found anywhere. Even Reid I don't rate but clearing out these important players to land one superstar is just stupid. We need to keep this group of young Swans intact because they're even more promising than when JPK, Hanners, AJ, Reid, Jetta, Smith, Rohan etc all first came through.

If that turns out to be the case then that is just reckless on the club's behalf. We've searched for years for a running half back with some mongrel and finally found one in Jones, then we trade him out for a mid who, even though he's a gun, can be found anywhere. Even Reid I don't rate but clearing out these important players to land one superstar is just stupid. We need to keep this group of young Swans intact because they're even more promising than when JPK, Hanners, AJ, Reid, Jetta, Smith, Rohan etc all first came through.
Agreed, No problem with moving on Tippett. The club has a limit on what it will give the other two or they know they can't match the $ being offered to them. I'd rather get two recruits to replace Reid and Jones not Dusty on what will have to be another long term contract to match what Richmond will offer. Would be pissed if we lose a Lloyd or Hewett next year.

One thing you can never call our club is reckless.
If we do get Martin (and I'm not sure which camp I'm in there), then I feel pretty positively that all involved would have dotted every i and crossed every t.

One thing you can never call our club is reckless.
If we do get Martin (and I'm not sure which camp I'm in there), then I feel pretty positively that all involved would have dotted every i and crossed every t.

I think it would be reckless (and i did say IF). After two multi-million dollar deals which I have no doubt cost us some key players, why would we do that to ourselves again when the group we have should already be contending for a few years to come?

I think it would be reckless (and i did say IF). After two multi-million dollar deals which I have no doubt cost us some key players, why would we do that to ourselves again when the group we have should already be contending for a few years to come?
Sorry I didn't mean to dispute what you said, I actually agree with you. My point was more like IF we do actually bring in Martin, I don't believe the club would have made the decision lightly and they would have worked out all scenarios for the foreseeable future, just as they did for Bud as I don't believe this club is ever reckless in its decision making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back