News Swans Talk In The Media 2017 (footy talk only, please)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there are a few clubs that Dusty may not be happy to go to. I remember reading this article a few years back.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/2d35aea96ae1a954e7f0780bacb67834

I am particularly interested in this part.

"In a body blow to Martin’s chances of securing a lucrative $600,000 contract at another club, Greater Western Sydney yesterday announced it was no longer interested in securing the 22-year-old. It came after Melbourne, Carlton, North Melbourne, St Kilda and Collingwood also turned their backs on the midfielder, making it almost certain he will have to go back to Richmond.
The Tigers this week reached breaking point after four months of frustrating negotiations with Martin’s manager Ralph Carr, who is chasing a $600,000-a-season deal for his client - an increase of about $150,000 on what he was on this year.
Richmond has withdrawn its most recent offer, believed to be around $500,000 a year, and re-signed Martin’s teammate Reece Conca who was desperate to stay."

This would be grounds for Dusty & his manager to be seriously pissed off with what happened the last time Dusty's contract was in dispute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back