News Swans Talk In The Media 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they're a statistics company.
So best not to mention ‘key personnel decisions’ and data in the same sentence. Barry Hall was a star for us statistically but he was made redundant for anything but data! Same could be said of almost anyone in the workforce.

My favourite is when fans point out the team which won the free kick count also won the contested possession count not realising when you get awarded a free kick that player also gets awarded a contested possession.....

Huh, I enjoy reading through stats a lot and always have but I was never aware of this. Is that actually documented somewhere?

So best not to mention ‘key personnel decisions’ and data in the same sentence. Barry Hall was a star for us statistically but he was made redundant for anything but data! Same could be said of almost anyone in the workforce.

I think you've confused the Sydney Swans organisation and a third party who provides metrics on the players.

I think you've confused the Sydney Swans organisation and a third party who provides metrics on the players.
I studied stats at uni and loved the subjects but only because it had context and relevance. These stats aren’t relevant! I’ve also studied and been involved in management and coaching positions...these stats aren’t relevant!

They are all puff and blow and some dick is getting paid to come up with absolute crap!

Gotta love this club with their Redkite #SwansRedDay

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2018-05-10/swansredday-is-coming
The Sydney Swans and charity partner Redkite will celebrate this partnership at #SwansRedDay, when the Swans host Fremantle at the SCG on May 19
The Sydney Swans Foundation have provided limited edition #SwansRedDay wigs, which will be available to purchase for just $5 from Redkite volunteers before the game, with 100% of the proceeds going to Redkite’s essential services for children and young people with cancer.

Huh, I enjoy reading through stats a lot and always have but I was never aware of this. Is that actually documented somewhere?
A bit old but I don't think the definition has changed. 2nd last paragraph

A player's contested possession tally is the sum of his hard-ball gets, loose-ball gets, contested marks, free kicks for, gathers from hitouts and ''contested knock-ons'', a new variation introduced this year.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...-possession--stats-a-fact-20110608-1ft72.html

Damian Barrett mentioned on the Footy Show last night that we are targeting Darcy Moore from Collingwood for next season.
Seemed to take Eddie by complete surprise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God damn like i said its fine we keep winning but the comp is just to even to have one of the best players in the comp missing for to long for your team.

Its like Richmond without Dusty for 5 weeks, Geelong without Dangerfield etc.

We have lost one game without him and we lost two with him. This is a test that will both give our boys confidence, and also get them to play with less Buddy-reliance when he actually does return. Have to look at it as a necessary evil.

God damn like i said its fine we keep winning but the comp is just to even to have one of the best players in the comp missing for to long for your team.

Its like Richmond without Dusty for 5 weeks, Geelong without Dangerfield etc.

Collingwood without Mayne?

Well he plays against North we win, he doesnt play round 1 we lose.
Its all swings and roundabouts really. Perhaps if Buddy had played on Friday there would have been no Ronke and Bud wearing Frawley like a glove, so no seven goals.
Personally I'd rather this happen now than later in the season.

Well he plays against North we win, he doesnt play round 1 we lose.

He plays against Geelong, we lose. Maybe even Friday night as well. The reason we beat both those quality sides on our home deck is because of our forward pressure and our delivery inside 50. Both of those tend to go out the window when Buddy plays. We just have to find the balance with Buddy and the smalls in the same forward line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back