Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah. I saw that. Can't argue with Bob Skilton and Goodsey for the first two. I'm satisfied with Pratt at #3 although there are numerous other contenders. But I can think of multiple players I'd have ahead of Magic at #4: Bedford, Round, and Kelly for starters.
I actually replied about that , Kelly and the great Laurie Nash

Yeah. I saw that. Can't argue with Bob Skilton and Goodsey for the first two. I'm satisfied with Pratt at #3 although there are numerous other contenders. But I can think of multiple players I'd have ahead of Magic at #4: Bedford, Round, and Kelly for starters.
Kells for sure is number 4. I loved Mickey O but you can’t deny our best ever midfielder (that I’ve seen play).

Guardian poll on Australia's greatest sporting moments. Sadly 'Davis come save us' is not one of them BUT of the seven AFL/VFL/VFA moments three count 'em THREE are Swans players so stick that up your so-called greatest club-of-all jumper Collingwood.

It's a fun read. And you can still vote.

I ended up going with Peter Norman. Red necked Oz folk freaked at Adam’s spear chuck dance. Peter Normans support for Black Power over 40 years before was extraordinary and boy he copped it.

in 1968 there was hope for a better world. Smith, Carlos and Norman all had a crack. Vietnam was kicking the arse of the USA and its lapdog Australia.

a
Adifferent and strangely more optimistic time.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those yellow poles in the last handball drill gave more pressure than west coast players did when we played them last year.

the big bang theory sheldon GIF

Who is the player at about 20 seconds in, picks the ball up well, gets a good handball off. Red shirt, dark shorts. can't make out who it is? One of the younger guys maybe?

Pretty sure that's Cooper Vickery. I keep saying I have high hopes for him, in the vein of Smooch. Low profile but getting the job done. I've also thought that they're training Magor as a small back as insurance if Vickery doesn't work out.

Pretty sure that's Cooper Vickery. I keep saying I have high hopes for him, in the vein of Smooch. Low profile but getting the job done. I've also thought that they're training Magor as a small back as insurance if Vickery doesn't work out.
Thought it was Jordon but not at all sure.

Team photo day - happened today. Behind the scenes pics. The more formal pics to follow I suppose.
Really funny photo of the three talls. Hayden is taller than the other two but they're standing on tippie-toes!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back