Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media
It's nothing really it's how we have always used the stand rule , but now we have better kicks
Oh okay, thanks Bedders. I thought it must have been some ingenious ploy that Longmire has come up with.
I do recall Dermott mumbling something about our use of the stand rule during the replay but I didn't pay any attention to it.

Can someone give me a rundown? I'm O/S and apparently that video is unavailable in my location 🤷
The specific point was only taking a few quick steps back and then playing on to the side of the player "standing" the mark.

They showed Chad doing this which looked spectacular only because they used the "freeze everyone else" effect.

I expect lots of teams are doing this and some teams try to counter by staying "outside 5"

23APR24: Swans Daily Media New

That last SEN article was spot on IMO.

The specific point was only taking a few quick steps back and then playing on to the side of the player "standing" the mark.

I expect lots of teams are doing this and some teams try to counter by staying "outside 5"

Gold Coast seemed to give away that 50 against Blakey trying to do exactly that - attempting to backpedal out of the protected area, but had already been called stand.

other teams are clearly wise to it

Gold Coast seemed to give away that 50 against Blakey trying to do exactly that - attempting to backpedal out of the protected area, but had already been called stand.

other teams are clearly wise to it
Yeah, they gave away a lot of 50's due to inexperience and frustration.

some of that fox rankings comment stuff is is pretty questionable in comparison to most media commentary/rating of the swans' past few weeks

about the giants: "But this is where the fast start to the season helps them. Even if they’re upset by the Lions, and even if they lose to Sydney in the Round 8 derby, they’re still in an OK spot" ...

the swans have had a similarly "fast start", and after the disappointment of the richmond result we did eventually put away a west coast side that since then has proved not the "bye" everyone dismissed them as
we've now just swamped a pretty good gold coast team (just wait, they will prove it as the season unfolds), yet the general commentary is that the analysts "can't work sydney out" and there's the feeling (well, to me) that a lot of them are looking for any way at all to justify saying the swans aren't quite "legitimate"
so apparently the giants are fine, even if the swans beat them in the derby, but there'll still be question marks over sydney!??!

then melbourne, who had the bye, are ranked fourth, ahead of sydney, who won and who have beaten melbourne convincingly

and then the swans, at fifth, get: "We thought the Swans were at least a little bit at risk of an upset against Gold Coast, but after it was tight for the first half, their class allowed them to produce an impressive win. The question over Sydney remains whether they can get their game going against the best, consistently"

we won a game these clowns actually admit thinking we might have lost, and we're 5-1 with at least three strong wins of those five ...

whew, just wanted to get that out of my system ... mostly, i don't give a sh1t if the media don't rate us, and this was a bit of a topic in our first three weeks (when we on this board generally agreed it was nice to read a lot of positive commentary about us) ... but it's starting to grate again having all these brilliant footy minds either dismiss us or, worse, ignore us

some of that fox rankings comment stuff is is pretty questionable in comparison to most media commentary/rating of the swans' past few weeks

about the giants: "But this is where the fast start to the season helps them. Even if they’re upset by the Lions, and even if they lose to Sydney in the Round 8 derby, they’re still in an OK spot" ...

the swans have had a similarly "fast start", and after the disappointment of the richmond result we did eventually put away a west coast side that since then has proved not the "bye" everyone dismissed them as
we've now just swamped a pretty good gold coast team (just wait, they will prove it as the season unfolds), yet the general commentary is that the analysts "can't work sydney out" and there's the feeling (well, to me) that a lot of them are looking for any way at all to justify saying the swans aren't quite "legitimate"
so apparently the giants are fine, even if the swans beat them in the derby, but there'll still be question marks over sydney!??!

then melbourne, who had the bye, are ranked fourth, ahead of sydney, who won and who have beaten melbourne convincingly

and then the swans, at fifth, get: "We thought the Swans were at least a little bit at risk of an upset against Gold Coast, but after it was tight for the first half, their class allowed them to produce an impressive win. The question over Sydney remains whether they can get their game going against the best, consistently"

we won a game these clowns actually admit thinking we might have lost, and we're 5-1 with at least three strong wins of those five ...

whew, just wanted to get that out of my system ... mostly, i don't give a sh1t if the media don't rate us, and this was a bit of a topic in our first three weeks (when we on this board generally agreed it was nice to read a lot of positive commentary about us) ... but it's starting to grate again having all these brilliant footy minds either dismiss us or, worse, ignore us
The truth of the matter is that I slipped them $20 to knock us down a few spots because we play better as underdogs.

Back