Autopsy Swans v Blues - AFL Rd 10, 2024 - Friday May 17th 7:40pm - (S.C.G.)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

and somehow losing to Richmond.
For me this is the best chance at a Sydney flag since the 2016 GF. Two home finals, some good but not amazing Melbourne based teams to (likely) face on GF day and 2022 to spur them on for redemption.

2022 Geelong were on another level. This is the year Sydney have a golden run to a flag.

For me this is the best chance at a Sydney flag since the 2016 GF. Two home finals, some good but not amazing Melbourne based teams to (likely) face on GF day and 2022 to spur them on for redemption.

2022 we just weren't ready unfortunately. So many of our players were super young and they just got bullied. Hopefully with being 2 years older that will help.

Didn’t seem to help in the finals last year

We used all the petrol we had to get to the finals whilst it’s commendable we had nothing left. Did well to get that first final close we were running on extreme reserves.

We used all the petrol we had to get to the finals whilst it’s commendable we had nothing left. Did well to get that first final close we were running on extreme reserves.

As opposed to Carlton who started the year strong and eased into finals?

As opposed to Carlton who started the year strong and eased into finals?

You guys were playing better most of us were happy to make it and it was an extra final for experience but we were cooked. Just had to spend too much petrol from where we were. Your side did well in the finals making the most of the run and were playing very well at the time

That grand final experience will be huge for the swans. Can see a potential 3 flags in 5 years coming for them. Massive talent signed long term too

I’d take 1 to be honest. Just not embarrassing ourselves on GF day I’ll take after the last time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2022 Geelong were on another level. This is the year Sydney have a golden run to a flag.
Would be nice if there were more interstate sides who are serious contenders as I'd much rather play another interstate side on the G than any of the Vic clubs.

Would be nice if there were more interstate sides who are serious contenders as I'd much rather play another interstate side on the G than any of the Vic clubs.
I actually agree with you on this one.

The whole interstate vs Victorian clubs at the MCG has become a real hoodoo on GF day, and maybe always was - we just had some insanely good clubs to buck the trend (90s Eagles, 2000s Lions).

A Sydney/GWS or Sydney/Port grand final would be somewhat refreshing and would have things exactly neutral.

Reckon Swans have been underrated this season.

Everyone banging on about Essendon, Carlton, GWS, Geelong etc…but Sydney just quietly getting the business done with absolutely no fuss.

Dunno about that yet.

Apart from beating Collingwood when they were going shit, they havent beaten anyone noteworthy away from the SCG in the first 10 rounds.

you can only win the games you play but Sydney's issue has always been getting it done against good teams away from home, namely in Melbourne.

Last edited:

yeah and i wouldn't have to line up at ****in midnight to get good MCC seats.

Dunno about that yet.

Apart from beating Collingwood when they were going s**t, they havent beaten anyone noteworthy away from the SCG in the first 10 rounds.

you can only win the games you play but Sydney's issue has always been getting it done against good teams away from home, namely in Melbourne.
Total Garbage. You are basing it on granted 2 terrible GF performances.

Dunno about that yet.

Apart from beating Collingwood when they were going s**t, they havent beaten anyone noteworthy away from the SCG in the first 10 rounds.

I agree. We haven’t beaten anyone above us on the ladder yet.

I like fast players.

I agree. We haven’t beaten anyone above us on the ladder yet.

I like fast players.

i didn't say that.

i said apart from Collingwood you havent beaten anyone noteworthy away from the SCG and Collingwood aren't even currently in the 8.

Total Garbage. You are basing it on granted 2 terrible GF performances.

Nothing i said was factually wrong to be fair.

As of round 10 you have beaten no current top 8 team away from the SCG, only good win was against Collingwood when they were going badly.

Swans get Shakey legs in Melbourne when it matters, so time will tell.

Back