Autopsy Swans vs North Round 17, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit harsh.

If he's heard something, he's heard something & doesn't want to give up his source as I have done the past & as many others on here have.
There are numerous people that post "they know something" on here without providing their source but don't get held accountable for it but here we have another fellow copping it.
I swear I won't be posting anything like that on here anymore because you just get whacked unfairly & to be honest, it's just a boys club.

Sorry but I think it stinks!
No, sorry Ted, it’s not harsh. What everyone else says ‘is the rumour’ eg ‘I heard we’re into McLeod from Adel, but I can’t name my source’ or just ‘ I heard we’re into McLeod fromAdel’. It’s completely different to ‘I’m disappointed in the club for doing this’ without alluding to anything. His post was deleted by a mod yesterday, so clearly it’s unsubstantiated waffle!

And that’s great Ted, if it’s a rumour and you don’t want to name your source, fine...don’t post it! You’ll save a whole lot of bullshit by not doing so.

Last edited:
To be fair to North they were heavily tipped to be a bottom three side and they have been pretty good this year getting some good performances from that next group of players and have to acknowledge Ben Brown's rise. As much as his run up is frustrating his routine works better than most in the game.

McCartin did very well in some one on one contests with veteran niggly defenders.

Whoever feeds BT his info (No way he does his own research) needs a kick up the bum for saying Reid did his achillies yesterday (Saturday). BT doesn't watch any weekly news either.

I mentioned Buddy and Heeney as game changers who were quiet but then that last quarter they became just that. Watching the last quarter again some second efforts worth mentioning but not exhaustive Parker, Fox, Sinclair, Robinson deft touches that meant the difference between which way the ball headed.

Far too many kicks to Papley one on one in a marking contest though he did win a couple of those.

A bit harsh.

If he's heard something, he's heard something & doesn't want to give up his source as I have done the past & as many others on here have.
There are numerous people that post "they know something" on here without providing their source but don't get held accountable for it but here we have another fellow copping it.
I swear I won't be posting anything like that on here anymore because you just get whacked unfairly & to be honest, it's just a boys club.

Sorry but I think it stinks!
It's not that he has heard something, or even that he won't reveal his source; it's that he is saying I heard something and not revealing what it is he heard... also the manner in which he did it.

I've never read you doing this or doing it in this manner. You might say you heard such and such, and not reveal your source, as lots on here do and there is no drama with that. We can believe it or not...

Seemed like Rohan was on the cusp of being a late in for somebody. I wonder who that was? Watching early I thought it may have been Buddy but he seemed to run the game out well.

Strange that they dropped Rohan then didn't give him a run in the reserves which makes it difficult to understand where the Match Committee see him. Surely he plays reserves this week though.

Seemed like Rohan was on the cusp of being a late in for somebody. I wonder who that was? Watching early I thought it may have been Buddy but he seemed to run the game out well.

Strange that they dropped Rohan then didn't give him a run in the reserves which makes it difficult to understand where the Match Committee see him. Surely he plays reserves this week though.

He may still just be injured or under duress. A number of times this year the fourth emergency (new and unnecessary in 2018) has been a rested or injured senior player (Jack, Papley, Rohan himself).

To be fair to North they were heavily tipped to be a bottom three side and they have been pretty good this year getting some good performances from that next group of players and have to acknowledge Ben Brown's rise. As much as his run up is frustrating his routine works better than most in the game.

McCartin did very well in some one on one contests with veteran niggly defenders.

Whoever feeds BT his info (No way he does his own research) needs a kick up the bum for saying Reid did his achillies yesterday (Saturday). BT doesn't watch any weekly news either.

I mentioned Buddy and Heeney as game changers who were quiet but then that last quarter they became just that. Watching the last quarter again some second efforts worth mentioning but not exhaustive Parker, Fox, Sinclair, Robinson deft touches that meant the difference between which way the ball headed.

Far too many kicks to Papley one on one in a marking contest though he did win a couple of those.
With regard to North, I don’t understand why they were projected to be bottom 3. It was only a couple of seasons ago when they won their first 9 before tailing off badly and last year they were around the mark. How anyone could compare them to Carlton, Fremantle, Gold Coast and Brisbane preseason is a bit ridiculous. They’re not a bad team by any stretch.

Last edited:
It's not that he has heard something, or even that he won't reveal his source; it's that he is saying I heard something and not revealing what it is he heard... also the manner in which he did it.

I've never read you doing this or doing it in this manner. You might say you heard such and such, and not reveal your source, as lots on here do and there is no drama with that. We can believe it or not...
"Managing" someone at the last minute could get the club in hot water. Wonder why they did that?

He may still just be injured or under duress. A number of times this year the fourth emergency (new and unnecessary in 2018) has been a rested or injured senior player (Jack, Papley, Rohan himself).

I didn't realise that was a new thing to have two and an interesting point. They were however saying Rohan was kitted up and essentially waiting during the warm up for a call. Perhaps that wasn't correct reporting.

"Managing" someone at the last minute could get the club in hot water. Wonder why they did that?
Longmire was asked about that in the press conference, he bristled slightly and said they were allowed to make changes and didn't say any more.

Last edited:
Thank you, that would have solved a few issues for you last night. But much better late than never... It seemed unlike the previous character of your comments. ;)

I heard them say so on the commentary last night... it'll be interesting to see what happens

I didn't realise that was a new thing to have two and an interesting point. They were however saying Rohan was kitted up and essentially waiting during the warm up for a call. Perhaps that wasn't correct reporting.

Probably as accurate as Reid doing his Achilles the day prior!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About why Grundy wasn’t selected and the rumour they are retiring him

Ah okay. I missed the original posts that were deleted so don’t fully understand the original post.

Grundy has been a sensational player for the Swans but I can fully understand the club wanting to move on next year and beyond.

For this game I think he was just rested and match ups didn’t suit him/team.

Thank you, that would have solved a few issues for you last night. But much better late than never... It seemed unlike the previous character of your comments. ;)

I heard them say so on the commentary last night... it'll be interesting to see what happens
To be clear. That tweet isn’t my source.

I wonder if all these comments will be deleted now, too?

No, but it would have saved everyone a lot of trouble if you had just told us you were talking about Grundy's late withdrawal. It just seemed like you were being deliberately vague.

To be clear.

Please do, there's too many allusions and innuendos in your post, I'm not sure if the 'cost' you're referring to is Grundy retiring, a financial penalty to be imposed by the AFL on the club for 'managing' Grundy or something else.

Expect further examination of our runner in final quarter this week. If the footage backs up the norf cries of hard done by.
Was it Laidler?

lol they can analyse the norf throws and free kicks first

Remove this Banner Ad

Back