Preview Swans vs Tigers in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

I would go

In - Brand, Amartey, Stephens, Foot/Wicks
Out - Melican, COR, Hayward, Ronke

Amartey rucks, Aliir goes back, Stephens to wing, McInerney to half back, Foot or Wicks as small forward, Gray to midfield.

Triple debuts but they'd be less of a liability than the three more experienced guys they'd be replacing.

Last edited:
Beat port and freo away with similar outs, freo especially when we copped 3 injures during the match on top of the outs

But yeh its a bad list of outs, youre more than in this
Just stop it.

Use lube. That's all I ask. You are red hot favourites and it would be an utter disgrace to your club if you lose. In fact just shut the place if you do.

Someone posted the stats of Hayward and Rohan and they were pretty similar.

Sort of makes sense Horse also says * it and tossed him back because it is obvious if you can't play forward you may as well spud up the backline.

I wonder if the same progression happens on trade day.

I had such high hopes for him. Basically praying he can find something but it has been a while now.

Someone posted the stats of Hayward and Rohan and they were pretty similar.

Sort of makes sense Horse also says fu** it and tossed him back because it is obvious if you can't play forward you may as well spud up the backline.

I wonder if the same progression happens on trade day.

I had such high hopes for him. Basically praying he can find something but it has been a while now.

should he be on the trade table?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would go

In - Brand, Amartey, Stephens, Foot/Wicks
Out - Melican, COR, Hayward, Ronke

Amartey rucks, Aliir goes back, Stephens to wing, McInerney to half back, Foot or Wicks as small forward, Gray to midfield.

Triple debuts but they'd be less of a liability than the three more experienced guys they'd be replacing.
Brand in for sure. Gray to midfield too.
If Sinkers makes it back AA will do better with Brand in the team - though not sure if Brand can stick with Lynch who is fairly athletic.
One of the the small forwards looks a chance to debut with Ronke out - can't remember if it was Foot or Wicks who has been in good form - but chuck em in I say.

Amartey is 1 game back from injury - they're not doing that.
Stephens has played one decent game in reserves - ever. Can't imagine they are doing that either.

I'd REALLY like to Haywood on a wing instead of Stephens. But that's probably not a popular opinion atm.

OUT: Melican, Ronke, Florent (cause screw it - send a message - got to kick straighter)
IN: Brand, Foot/Wicks,Sinkers

Brand is in, Melican and Ronke out due to injury. Reid only a week away. Sinkers a chance.

Looks like Brand comes in for Melican. Hopefully he stabilizes our defence.

Not sure who replaces Ronke. I think Wicks/Foot/L.Taylor could be the best direct replacement as a pacy small forward.

But we could also move Hayward forward. And then bring a player in another position. Eg Aliir back to defence and Amartey sharing ruck with Mclean. Or put another young player onto the bench.

Last edited:
Brand in for sure. Gray to midfield too.
If Sinkers makes it back AA will do better with Brand in the team - though not sure if Brand can stick with Lynch who is fairly athletic.
One of the the small forwards looks a chance to debut with Ronke out - can't remember if it was Foot or Wicks who has been in good form - but chuck em in I say.

Amartey is 1 game back from injury - they're not doing that.
Stephens has played one decent game in reserves - ever. Can't imagine they are doing that either.

I'd REALLY like to Haywood on a wing instead of Stephens. But that's probably not a popular opinion atm.

OUT: Melican, Ronke, Florent (cause screw it - send a message - got to kick straighter)
IN: Brand, Foot/Wicks,Sinkers
I agree with everything except for florent, he had 2 bad quarters, a few shockers, but compared to the rest of the team he is still one of the most consistent.

Even though he made mistakes in the first half, I like that he tried to work himself back into the game.
At least he banged home the crucial goal after Papley and Blakey shanked easier shots.

I think Aliir can stay in the ruck, hes lucky to be in the team on form
I don't want him rucking if he's afraid to be physical. He didn't attempt to contest NicNat. I bet Aliir had to change his jocks at every quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back