Scandal Sydney Stack breaches COVID self isolation - again.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, the Tiges gave him a chance, he showed heaps of promise, very talented and exciting, but clearly, he's not a Richmond man despite oodles of positive role models around the place. Put a line through him now I would think.

How many other line-ball players have Richmond improved over recent years though? Surely they are still in the black with their choices and development. Always lose a few along the way.

I like Soldo's story, let's face it, a limited player turned into an important flag player, injured, hopefully will be back. A few others like him the Tiges must be congratulated for raising to high levels those outside the club didn't rate.
Nice post - thanks
Wont be liked by the conga line of dribblers jumping on here to try and pin this on a Tiger culture issue though sadly.

Some work out - some do not... Does not mean that you should not give it a try.

An addict has to want to quit. I feel sorry for the young man and hope he can get himself right.
I don't think Richmond owe him anything bar not shaming him when they part ways.
Annoying thing is he came to the club and worked his arse off literally to the point of exhaustion multiple times had a great first year. Then hooked up with Conti and hasn’t been off the piss since that first season ended

Club has put up with a lot and even Conti left him for the issue

As you say he has to want to change think the only thing that saves him is he admits he has a problem with alcohol and asks for help with it

They made him quarantine in Northam for 14 days, NORTHAM!!
To me that explains it all.

Oh and something about Richmonds culture, tainted flag, yada yada....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL news 2020: Sydney Stack arrested, quarantine breach, Richmond

14 weeks sounds a bit of a long time to quarantine, suspect it might have meant to mean days instead.

But still - obviously learned nothing from his earlier issues....
Obviously intelligence is not his strong point

Well, the Tiges gave him a chance, he showed heaps of promise, very talented and exciting, but clearly, he's not a Richmond man despite oodles of positive role models around the place. Put a line through him now I would think.

How many other line-ball players have Richmond improved over recent years though? Surely they are still in the black with their choices and development. Always lose a few along the way.

I like Soldo's story, let's face it, a limited player turned into an important flag player, injured, hopefully will be back. A few others like him the Tiges must be congratulated for raising to high levels those outside the club didn't rate.
Very measured response. Kudos.

Obviously intelligence is not his strong point

It's a shame, but I'm pretty sure he's had the rules explained to him on several occasions. At some point he has to take some responsibility....

In a year full of long periods of seperation, the bloke is spending Christmas and New Years in jail. In isolation no less.
That's a pretty hefty punishment.
You gotta wonder about where the blokes head is at. Hes had a pretty big year.
Whatever Richmond do with him at the end of this, I hope they're looking out for him right now.

So? Alcoholics don't have to follow rules?
Tbf, noone has had to follow the covid rules. Thousands have skipped quarantine after having tested positive yet noones been punished.

He'd have a legit claim that it's his heritage or status which would cause him to be punished.

In a year full of long periods of seperation, the bloke is spending Christmas and New Years in jail. In isolation no less.
Whatever Richmond do with him at the end of this, I hope they're looking out for him right now.
Too bad all the quarantine skippers in Melbourne and Sydney weren't aboriginal. Might not have had such bad outbreaks if we'd been willing to lock them up like we did the people in the housing towers.

There are bigger sob stories in the world that can't self quarantine because he had a "bad" childhood.

AFL news: Sydney Stack, video, quarantine breach, arrested, Richmond, COVID

Rumoured to have been involved in a punch up during the incident in Perth....

rumoured to have been involved in a punch up...lol the footage has been on the 6 o’clock news the last 2 nights ffs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back