Sydney Swans vs. Melbourne (SCG) @7:20PM - AFL Round 4, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Would Franklin regret going to Sydney? Could have won 2 more flags at Hawthorn. Instead he has two Runner up medals....

Not saying Sydney was a total bust. They have been a good team, and good enough to play finals and make those GF's, but Hawthorn has enjoyed the same success of being a good team and making finals... and has gone that step further to go all the way.

Franklin and Ablett.. both the best players in their respective positions in the league.. moved from a premiership winning team, which won premierships after they left, and the player starved of the big dance at their new team, lessening their legacy..
No, because his wife lives there mate. That's why he moved. Marriage and life > flags.

Haha, watching the Dees celebrate their last goal was fun. Clearly this was their Grand Final. But yeah, zero chance the swans make the 8. Had to happen eventually, bottom 4 beckons I'd say.

Big fan of the lions and have them top 8 but Jesus you’ll turn me off them quickly. It’s more of a relief that we got the W and hopefully kick start our season... chill.

LOL so many salty people in here, A team wins a game and people get upset that there celebrating, I think just proves so many people have never played a team sport before or any sport for that matter.
There's relief than there's what you guys did....

Let's not pretend Sydney 2019 is Sydney of recent years...

Mate they’ve been smashed so far this year and were celebrating the win together and having a bit of fun. You must be fun at parties. Oh hang on, you’re the guy that never gets an invite.
Yeah fun, celebrating, like I said. They don't care.

Clearly you all have become accustomed to it. Go ahead, accept mediocrity.

Which has what relevance to you exactly or my post or this thread?

Why don't you sook at the others saying the same thing?

Or just continue with the childish insults. Where was Melbourne that year? Oh and 186>>>>>119

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which has what relevance to you exactly or my post or this thread?

Why don't you sook at the others saying the same thing?

Or just continue with the childish insults.
Just reminding you of your teams mediocrity. Go to bed flog

A hard arsed and well deserved win to the dees. After seeing Sydney get kissed on the proverbial all night with Alir running into Petracca, Kennedy dropping it 3 times in Melb forwardline and Oliver getting "dustied" the Demons were by far deserved winners. Sydney still get a massive run with the Umps at the SCG like it was the mid 80s again

No, because his wife lives there mate. That's why he moved. Marriage and life > flags.

yeah as they all say using wife and family haha,, she coulda moved over to him maybe? i guess you’re right though however i doubt he’d be too bothered w/out any flags.. obv would love to win one but at the end of the day (might be wrong)
the $$ moved him over

There's relief than there's what you guys did....

Let's not pretend Sydney 2019 is Sydney of recent years...

it is what it is unfortunately.. not near as solid i reckon :/ avg at best and definitely soft as * compared to the way we’d hustle with against any team.. that ruthless hustle and pressure til the end.

really hope the lads can improve and find bloody something cause this is disappointing it almost pisses me off tbh,, expected a big 2019.. dunno could be asking too much whatever there’s no this or that really, fact is simply fell off:(

Last edited:

Yes, great point. No disrespect to the Swans btw... They have always been up there in the mix for years, so I wouldn't suggest he would suffer disappointment to the level of Ablett wasting his golden years bottoming out at the Gold Coast.

Just purely talking from a reflective view on information that we now know, that The Hawks won those additional flags and the fact he was at that club. He does have 2 flags and what was it, 5 total GF appearances? Still a fantastic run. A large majority don't get to play in 1 GF. I often wonder similar on Nathan Buckley's thoughts about Brisbane winning those flags whilst he left for the Pies.. Bucks loves the Pies, but I do wonder if there is ever a slither somewhere deep inside that he thinks about if he stayed with Brisbane and getting those flags.

Haha, watching the Dees celebrate their last goal was fun. Clearly this was their Grand Final. But yeah, zero chance the swans make the 8. Had to happen eventually, bottom 4 beckons I'd say.
Embarrassing :rolleyes:

Yes, great point. No disrespect to the Swans btw... They have always been up there in the mix for years, so I wouldn't suggest he would suffer disappointment to the level of Ablett wasting his golden years bottoming out at the Gold Coast.

Just purely talking from a reflective view on information that we now know, that The Hawks won those additional flags and the fact he was at that club. He does have 2 flags and what was it, 5 total GF appearances? Still a fantastic run. A large majority don't get to play in 1 GF. I often wonder similar on Nathan Buckley's thoughts about Brisbane winning those flags whilst he left for the Pies.. Bucks loves the Pies, but I do wonder if there is ever a slither somewhere deep inside that he thinks about if he stayed with Brisbane and getting those flags.
Big difference is Buckley left the bears, not the lions

Lol. Classic BigFooty.
I much prefer this to "great win boys, you should be so proud, you're going places". If the flag favourite Pies don't go and beat the Dogs tomorrow, they're 1-3 too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back