Remove this Banner Ad

SilentHunter_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 15, 2014
Terra firma
AFL Club
Sydney
First of all, credit to Port they played really well and deserve the win. Think we can all agree on that.

We need to forget about winning the flag right now. We need to make the top 4 to even have a chance. The performance we put out today was atrocious. Very few of our elites and reliable kept us in the game. The rest were putrid. Round 1 excuse is long gone. You train for round 1 so if we can't come out with intensity for that then it's just not good enough.

All credit to Port.

More than anything, I am disappointed. Team lackes any real intent bar a few.

Why did Horse shake up the f50 when Reid was exceptional. Weird choice which cooled off the team.

That minute prior to half time killed us.

All in all, have a lot to work on.

McVeigh is probably our best field kicker and he above average at best. Jack used to be good at kicking but has gone down hill considerably since 2012. Players like Hannebery, Parker and Kennedy can't kick to save themselves. Our clearances are awful as well. Commentators look at the total clearance numbers and think we have a good clearance team, but they do not bother to look at the amount of times our midfield is flat out beaten in the clearances.

Just sagged off in the end, losing by 5 goals. Pretty bloody poor if you ask me.

Maybe our depth is really short if players like Robinson & Towers are getting games.

Maybe Kennedy is carrying an injury.

Reid & Franklin were really good, Tippet was total s**t. Florent was a passenger for most of the game but showed that he can do a couple of good things. Defence was uncharacteristically poor, especially Grundy having a total 'mare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We got exposed for poor list management today

Too many have no business being on an afl ground right now (or ever in one case). But you throw all your money at a couple and your depth stinks

Mitchell is not replaced he wasnt someone we could not pay, yeah ok heeney and co were out, but how much do we pay Tippett?

Give me nankervis and mitchell back instead thanks

Its round 1 yep, but we could see this happening with that line up

I think if you go down the ohh late start to the year, swans slow start to the year its delusional

Not let me say this we are still a good side, that was so far off our best but cmon Look at florent, foote, towers, cunningham and those types, would barely play one of them in a decent side at the one time.

Our midfield is not elite, JPK is elite, parker and hannebery are not because they cant kick.

Backline looks a bit shite, laidler and smith looked cooked today

We will get a few back and have an ok year, but we have built a list that relies on too few and needs too much luck to win a flag imo and i think today showed that

How long until Horse comes under the blow torch as well? He has to question himself at some point surely that he can't make a half a decent forward structure when the game is in the balance.

Foote Robinson Towers still clearly below best 22 standard- go missing far too often, which we don't need given our leaders do it a lot as well.
We need Heeney/Aliir in asap. Rohan/Mcveigh less so but still upgrades on a fair few.
You idiot! Robinson was injured, shoulder gone again by the looks of it so that is why he wasn't spotted! Did you even watch the game? Foote at least had a crack and I could name 10 passengers if you like!

I was confused at the very start with the team selection. Surely we had better options than Foote, Towers & Cunningham?

Also by the name of all things that are good in this world, if I see Foote in the red and white again for the senior team.... pfft :oops:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back