Rumour Sydney to play finals at SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope, apparantly part of the contract states that any Sydney derby regardless of who hosts it this year will be at ANZ

just heard that on the radio. As much as I hate it, I think it is fair. I mean it would be unfair to GWS if we could play at home verse them, but they wouldn't get the same privilege.

Ok, Give it some thought ... and supply some better examples I reckon you might struggle.

This is a bullshit thought process. What about times the AFL has screwed over other clubs? There's are actually far fewer genuine complaints than you'd think. If you consider Hawthorn have favouritism applied because that's their only example, 12-13 teams probably have favouritism applied.

just heard that on the radio. As much as I hate it, I think it is fair. I mean it would be unfair to GWS if we could play at home verse them, but they wouldn't get the same privilege.

Is this correct?
GWS - home finals at ANZ
Sydney - home finals at SCG
Sydney/GWS - regardless of who's at home, ANZ?

Or GWS have Spotless? I'd say 24k is enough for them, ANZ would have a poor atmosphere if it was GWS v North or something similar, quarter stadium full type thing? Any one got info?

Swans should have always had the SCG, stupid stadium rules.

Is this correct?
GWS - home finals at ANZ
Sydney - home finals at SCG
Sydney/GWS - regardless of who's at home, ANZ?

Or GWS have Spotless? I'd say 24k is enough for them, ANZ would have a poor atmosphere if it was GWS v North or something similar, quarter stadium full type thing? Any one got info?

Swans should have always had the SCG, stupid stadium rules.

No:

Sydney home finals @ the SCG
Giants home finals @ spotless

Except Sydney v GWS regardless of the home team @ ANZ

Thats what I have taken out of all the reports.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strangely yes, although to me it doesn't make sense. But whatever, ANZ is crap and it should be played at the SCG. This means i can walk to Paddington afterwards and try to pick up rich girls who are way out of my league.

LOL, either you're one of the poors, or you have no game. Paddo chicks aren't a challenge.

Haha, I'll cop that.

People usually fight against me calling poor people 'the poors'

But, we live in such a SJW society, I choose to use the most offensive term for everything I can think of.

Well done for playing along.

Oh....wait.....and footy....cos this is a footy forum.

This is a bullshit thought process. What about times the AFL has screwed over other clubs? There's are actually far fewer genuine complaints than you'd think. If you consider Hawthorn have favouritism applied because that's their only example, 12-13 teams probably have favouritism applied.
WTF are you on about? A Hawks supporter claiming his team's greatest injustice was having a finals game on a Friday night not a Saturday night. To give you a single example of why that is laughable - Adelaide had a final that was moved from Footy Park to the MCG !!! If you think that 12-13 teams don't get screwed by the AFL - doesn't that mean that 5 or 6 do?

Travesty. First week they gave a 7 day break to a Hawks side playing its 4th Melbourne game in 5 weeks (and back to back home games) rather than an 8 day break. And chose not to give the Swans a 6 day break after they travelled in rnd 23.

Two teams getting a 7 day break. What a rort.

Then for the Prelim they gave the Hawks and Swans the same break again rather than 6 days for Swans.
:rolleyes:

Terrible justification.

Clearly a decision was made for the biggest game of the year to give the swans the extra days break despite finishing lower on the ladder. Did i mention you finished lower on the ladder? It is complete rubbish. You earn top spot over a full season win your finals, earn a grand final berth and expect to benefit from the advantages as the top team. To analyse the lead up breaks and use this to justify giving the top team a disadvantage is undeniably playing favourites. If we were given the extra day as we should have been as the top team there is no issue at all.

Again the afl looking after the swans with the scg shift this year. It is a joke and was always going to happen. Cats dont get home finals at geelong do they?

So apparently there was a high six figure payout agreed to for the deal.

So my question is, if it ends up being Swans v GWS at ANZ do the AFL still have to pay that money?

Terrible justification.

Clearly a decision was made for the biggest game of the year to give the swans the extra days break despite finishing lower on the ladder. Did i mention you finished lower on the ladder? It is complete rubbish. You earn top spot over a full season win your finals, earn a grand final berth and expect to benefit from the advantages as the top team. To analyse the lead up breaks and use this to justify giving the top team a disadvantage is undeniably playing favourites. If we were given the extra day as we should have been as the top team there is no issue at all.

Again the afl looking after the swans with the scg shift this year. It is a joke and was always going to happen. Cats dont get home finals at geelong do they?
Do you muppets still believe this s**t? SCG wasn't available as it was already being prepared for renovations and had a lowered capacity, rugby finals were already booked in for Saturday and Sunday. The AFL had no choice but to play the game on the Friday night in Sydney, unless of course they allowed us to go through on default because they couldn't play the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back