Preview Sydney v GWS-

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So weather forecast.

There will be middling showers most of the morning and early arvo.
Under a light NW wind.
Those that know Sydney weather know how gloomy this is.
Then around 2 pm a strong southerly will arrive and the potential for heavier showers/storm will increase.
Localised falls could exceed 10mm/hr.

Potential for flooding as the evening goes on and into Sunday.
Shame the games wasn’t on today, great day for it.
My kids soccer has been moved to a synthetic pitch on Sunday, so the weekends weather isn’t looking good.

Offers more than both of them.
He does not. 2 goals from six games. He isn't particularly doing anything.

Essentially Corey Warner debuting as a teenager matched or bettered Cunningham in every area, while playing only 57 percent of game time.

However, out of form Cunningham is still better than Clarke. but neither are producing anymore than a second year player did in their first match

Shame the games wasn’t on today, great day for it.
My kids soccer has been moved to a synthetic pitch on Sunday, so the weekends weather isn’t looking good.
Yeah sunday looks nasty.
Though those synthetic pitches are epic.

Mills has played back in some of our biggest wins last year.
Not as a pure back. Moreso as a defensive Mid .

last week was a mulligan.
break glass in case of emergency.

Parker is needed in the middle.
Like it or not. His size and experience is needed.

IMO the thing that needs to step up is pressure.

The swans were the #1 pressure team last year.
Last week. They looked like the 19th ranked team.
Can't disagree with this as our midfield have the size and body strength of our Under 15 Academy Team.
If the ball is not hit to advantage at centre bounces though He has the dexterity of King Kong Bundy on Skates.

Having said that if we were one point up with 20 seconds to go and the last centre bounce of the game is going to decide the game I'm tipping a Parker mongrel kick going inside 50 such is his warrior type never say die qualities. Its a hard one.

He does not. 2 goals from six games. He isn't particularly doing anything.

Essentially Corey Warner debuting as a teenager matched or bettered Cunningham in every area, while playing only 57 percent of game time.

However, out of form Cunningham is still better than Clarke. but neither are producing anymore than a second year player did in their first match
Both Clarke and Cunningham are effectively playing as a backman in the forward line. Although kicking goals would be a good result for them, they are judged internally on what their opponent does, and their job is first and foremost to stop their opponent getting the ball. To compare that to a wingman whose job it is to get the ball isn't really fair.

Now, if they are not doing their defensive jobs on their opponent, that is another story but it isn't this particular argument.

I think it is perfectly reasonable to speculate on the positioning of the 22. It is not toxic.

I don't think anyone supported playing Mills on Hawkins last week. Most wanted him starting CBs in the mids at the very least even if he ran down back to help cover in defence. For me it was chucking in the white towel before the game started. I know that was not the intent of the Coaching Box move.

Parker has not been his usual commanding figure in the mids. Jury is out on whether this is a form or tactical issue. I don't think he is cooked and he showed he could adapt to and lead the game style adopted in recent years. Luke has many strings to his bow and can play successfully on the forward line. I hope he spends some time there. He would also use his voice to ensure the forwards are well organised

Surely the message this week is winning the contest and laying our hands on the footy, rather than setting up to tackle a la Rowbottom on the assumption the Oppo will win possession.

Why ? Why ? Why ? Because all of a sudden you as a mere mortal are not allowed to have different opinions to the plethora of football oracles we are blessed with on this Board. I can be a ranter in the heat of battle but I am also a reader of other's posts and try and digest as best I can.

Why ? Why ? Why ? Because all of a sudden you as a mere mortal are not allowed to have different opinions to the plethora of football oracles we are blessed with on this Board. I can be a ranter in the heat of battle but I am also a reader of other's posts and try and digest as best I can.
Is Readers Digest still around?!?

Because it's the same toxic bullshit about a coach who's kept us competitive for a decade, revolutionised our gameplan over the past 2 years, and is dealing with a massive injury list.

Of course he makes mistakes like any other coach but the histrionics are pathetic.

"OMG I bet he puts Sheldrick in the forward pocket". So when he doesn't will anyone roll that back? Or will people just move onto the next whinge?

the same coach who has been flogged in finals :p multiple times

Our injury list isn't massive by the way

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Clarke and Cunningham are effectively playing as a backman in the forward line. Although kicking goals would be a good result for them, they are judged internally on what their opponent does, and their job is first and foremost to stop their opponent getting the ball. To compare that to a wingman whose job it is to get the ball isn't really fair.

Now, if they are not doing their defensive jobs on their opponent, that is another story but it isn't this particular argument.
Wings still have opponents. On output, Clarke and Cunningham aren't effectively doing anything. Playing a forward who is actually capable of scoreboard impact and can actually do something with the footy can overwhelm or worry defenses. Playing forward taggers to get in an opponents way is just reducing our own potency to maybe impact an opponents rebound. What about trying to kick goals.

Wings still have opponents. On output, Clarke and Cunningham aren't effectively doing anything. Playing a forward who is actually capable of scoreboard impact and can actually do something with the footy can overwhelm or worry defenses. Playing forward taggers to get in an opponents way is just reducing our own potency to maybe impact an opponents rebound. What about trying to kick goals.
I'm not disputing that, I'm just saying that we can't compare them to other players who have completely different roles.

Think some just want to log on and read go swans go
And others just want to continually blow the list up, "get games into the kids" and sack Horse 4 years ago. People were having a right sook after the Suns loss last year and we went on to make the GF.

But kick 6 in the first quarter against the Giants and the same posters will be awfully quiet.

That's pedantry. The biggest whinge people are having is pushing Mills back because all 3 of our KPDs were injured. Pretty 'massive' in terms of impact.

Playing Mills back is one thing, setting up to fail on a bloke a 20 kg heavier is another option entirely . Minus Mills in the middle helped re entries. However unpalatable there were options, Gould or Francis. Of course they would have been beaten but having Mills at CBAs would have helped cut supply to Porkins and given our forwards more of a sniff.

Yes I know Mills was moved later but I reckon losing repeated body contests against a wheat silo knocked the stuffing out of him.

I feel like we all just need to give each other a bit more credit on here and respect that maybe we know what we're talking about a bit. For example I despise the "do you know better than the coaches?" rhetoric that gets bandied about on here quite a bit. We don't need to know more than the coaches to still be right about things. Coaches are obviously wrong. A lot. Even the best ones. Every successful role change or personnel change is a response to something that initially wasn't working and the coaches obviously weren't getting right. And usually before those moves were made, there was some random on the internet screaming at the clouds for those moves to be made being told they knew less than the coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back