Preview Sydney Vs Booingwood - 24th of May

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel Wells on the flight to Sydney but no sign of star Jordan De Goey. Set to miss again. Quaynor, Daicos and Madgen also in the travelling party

Liking our odds if no De Goey :) :)

De Goey is over-rated AF but we are just the team that will make Daniel Wells look like a 25 year old having an All Australian year.

De Goey is over-rated AF but we are just the team that will make Daniel Wells look like a 25 year old having an All Australian year.
Implying we're s**t? Our defensive pressure has been really good the past two weeks and these kids are having a red hot go.

I really don't care about the North game in relation to this week , as they are pathetic and this week we are playing the elite, albeit that they have a few guns out.
I'm looking at these sort of games as a good yardstick though the Colliwobbles have a lot of quality players out. I want the boys to win but if they can't I just want them to be competitive. If we're being beaten by teams with more experience and quality then I get it just as long as we don't serve up any rubbish performances. Want to see fire in the belly.

Hasn't played a single minute in defence or as a spare the last 3 games. If not forward played as ruck. Don't know about games before that this year, too busy to watch but yes was Horses go to before the last couple of years with injury.
Crap he was in defence for half the last quarter last week.

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

You're not wrong because i said so, i'm nobody.

You're wrong because the numbers say so. And the coaches say so. And the squad make-up and available players says so.

It's the same reasoning that says if Jack is fit he comes straight in for Rowbottom. Sure Jack's numbers aren't what they were in his prime. But they're still better than Rowbottom's. Plus he brings a lot of experience that Rowbottom is lacking. If he's fit, he should play.
We are trying to develop a side. Bringing Jack back would be contrary to that ethos. We need to move on from Kizza. As wonderful as he has been he is the past and won't be here next year as he and Macca retire.

We are trying to develop a side. Bringing Jack back would be contrary to that ethos. We need to move on from Kizza. As wonderful as he has been he is the past and won't be here next year as he and Macca retire.

JPK won't be here for our next p'ship tilt so do we cut the cord now seeing as we did so well without him last week?
If Kizza is doing everything the coaches are asking of him, remembering we are 3 & 6 & near the bottom, then he keeps playing ahead of someone not meeting the same KPI's during a game.
It comes down to never gifting games. Our club has gone on record many times saying that we throw a birth certificate out if players can consistently carry out their roles, starting in the NEAFL & then when they get their chance at seniors.
So does Rowbottom tick this box?

Kennedy is, still firing on all cylinders but Kizza is only firing on two. Joey could play probably two more seasons after this. But Kizza can't. Horses for courses. Kizza a basically finished. Whereas Joey is still a star. Vastly different.
JPK won't be here for our next p'ship tilt so do we cut the cord now seeing as we did so well without him last week?
If Kizza is doing everything the coaches are asking of him, remembering we are 3 & 6 & near the bottom, then he keeps playing ahead of someone not meeting the same KPI's during a game.
It comes down to never gifting games. Our club has gone on record many times saying that we throw a birth certificate out if players can consistently carry out their roles, starting in the NEAFL & then when they get their chance at seniors.

If Kizza is doing everything the coaches are asking from him, then clearly the coaches need to have a big look at themselves around what they are asking from him. They wouldn't be asking for very much if it is the case.

I would have thought the justification for Jack and McVeigh that they bring critically needed experience to this team has passed its use by day date by now. The young players stood up magnificently under pressure in two close finishes in the last two weeks. What could have the veterans brought to the table in those games in terms of direction and experience? Rampe and Aliir are holding the defence together and Papley has emerged as an inspiration leader in attack. Parker and Kennedy have the midfield leadership covered.

Kennedy and Parker is enough leadership, let's be honest here. Sometimes you can't let nostalgia cloud someone's thoughts. Every team faces hard decisions and unfortunately Jack looks past it. Time to make that hard call. Heck we did it with ROK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kennedy is, still firing on all cylinders but Kizza is only firing on two. Joey could play probably two more seasons after this. But Kizza can't. Horses for courses. Kizza a basically finished. Whereas Joey is still a star. Vastly different.

If Kizza is doing everything the coaches are asking from him, then clearly the coaches need to have a big look at themselves around what they are asking from him. They wouldn't be asking for very much if it is the case.
I would have thought the justification for Jack and McVeigh that they bring critically needed experience to this team has passed its use by day date by now. The young players stood up magnificently under pressure in two close finishes in the last two weeks. What could have the veterans brought to the table in those games in terms of direction and experience? Rampe and Aliir are holding the defence together and Papley has emerged as an inspiration leader in attack. Parker and Kennedy have the midfield leadership covered.

In answer to all your posts, I agree with you that Jack may be done, but prior to the last few weeks, the young bloke weren't standing up. They have these last two so we have a tough stretch ahead these next 5 or 6 weeks so let's see if these youngsters can provide the consistency required to earn their position & I don't just mean possessions, but rather getting to the right spots defensively when we lose the ball & for 4 quarters. When they can do that week in week out, then Kizza won't be required anymore.
So we pretty much all agree, but our time frames are a little different, as so our demands on the newer unproven player over a stretch of games.

Coach Longmire might well have smiled after the win against North. But he knows that win fell into his lap, with the injury forced absence of Buddy and Joey. It forced the club to pick a team of tyro cygnets, young blokes with nothing to lose, all having a red hot crack. That's what builds club spirit and a winning mentality.

These days it's a more mature footy market than the years when the club was terrified of missing finals. Swans supporters aren't that fickle anymore.

For now, I don't care about results, just about playing the kids, finding out who can contribute and who can't. Yes that can be tough for players in the twilight of their career, but's that's the industry. Coach Longmire has to decide, whether he's the coach for eking out a few extra wins in 2019, or looking to the long term future of the club.

Against Collingwood? Probably a reality check this week, but that's ok, it's a marathon not a sprint

Write off McVeigh at your own risk!

Did you miss McInerney getting 1 touch??
Stoddart last year was so far off the pace.
What about when Horse thought we'd beat Gold Coast so he brought in Darcy Cameron for one game? haha. that worked out.

Write off McVeigh at your own risk!
I don't personally think McVeigh's cooked, but I think his body is. No point having him on the list if he can only play a handful of games a year sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back