Sydney vs West Coast - Statement Game Friday Night SCG 15th June

Remove this Banner Ad

For some reason i feel like WCE will come crashing down in the 2nd half of the year. That last quarter against the saints was as bad a footy as has been played this year. Darling has gone down and Kennedy still isn't 100%.

At this point i see us beating only the Dons/Dogs/Freo & the Lions for the remainder of the year. 50/50 on the Crows in Adelaide given their recent troubles. No chance againstt Sydney at home, Collingwood at home, North in Tas or the Giants/Power/Demons. Even if we have beaten the Giants/Power already this year.

Teams who win the first 9/10 straight invariably come crashing back to earth.

One thing to be overconfident, but geez that's pretty pessimistic lol. Yeah it was ordinary but consider the circumstances - we took the pedal off and were far from 100%. So the potential is there. It'd be more worrying if we tried our heart out and scraped over the line. Richmond were pretty flat too, are they gonna fall off a cliff too? I'm not greatly concerned, personally. I mean, even if we do drop off a bit, and win say 5 out of 10, 15 wins is still a decent result and beyond expectations. You don't get to 10 and 1 and suddenly fall off hugely - or rarely, aka North in 2016, but the holes were very evident in that North side. I don't see any gaping holes in our side this year. It remains to even be seen how we cover for Darls.

For some reason i feel like WCE will come crashing down in the 2nd half of the year. That last quarter against the saints was as bad a footy as has been played this year. Darling has gone down and Kennedy still isn't 100%.

At this point i see us beating only the Dons/Dogs/Freo & the Lions for the remainder of the year. 50/50 on the Crows in Adelaide given their recent troubles. No chance againstt Sydney at home, Collingwood at home, North in Tas or the Giants/Power/Demons. Even if we have beaten the Giants/Power already this year.

Teams who win the first 9/10 straight invariably come crashing back to earth.

And no, historically teams that win the first ten usually go on to win the minor premiership.

I think its Heath Grundy's 250th. ???
Wouldnt expect much from JJK as usual. Never seems to do much against us anyway. Plus he's travelling.
Darling would be a concern. Had a good game Rnd 1. Playing or not ?

Luvvin the draw. We get ranked as having received the toughest draw after the first 10 games, and now i just noticed we play 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th as our next 4 games. o_O
How does that happen ?

Still, its fantastic for us. The perfect draw.

I think its Heath Grundy's 250th. ???
Wouldnt expect much from JJK as usual. Never seems to do much against us anyway. Plus he's travelling.
Darling would be a concern. Had a good game Rnd 1. Playing or not ?
Love Grundy. Absolute champ.
I'm sure you'll be taking the JJK threat very seriously. We'll see if he can get going.
Darling is out for the next month. Likely that Ryan comes in and we play a little smaller (he's strong overhead, though).

I'm sure you'll be taking the JJK threat very seriously. We'll see if he can get going.
Darling is out for the next month. Likely that Ryan comes in and we play a little smaller (he's strong overhead, though).​
Pity about Darling. Stepped up bigtime this season. Nothing worse than a good season getting interrupted.
Ryan had a good game also in Rnd 1 from memory. I doubt he would have had many the class of Nick Smith on him yet though. If Smith goes to LeCras which is normal from memory, it might be an advantage for WCE going smaller up fwd.
Its all about rebound on the SCG. Big proportion of the scoreboard comes off fast rebound compared to other grounds. Get the Half Back mix right and thats half the game on this ground.
Hurn is the bloke we will put time into i'd say.

Darling is out for the next month. Likely that Ryan comes in and we play a little smaller (he's strong overhead, though).

Brander has been confirmed to debut so We are going with a similar set up.
Ah chee didn't travel but could travel tomorrow. I guessing Ryan would come in for Ah Chee.
Pity about Darling. Stepped up bigtime this season. Nothing worse than a good season getting interrupted.
Ryan had a good game also in Rnd 1 from memory. I doubt he would have had many the class of Nick Smith on him yet though. If Smith goes to LeCras which is normal from memory, it might be an advantage for WCE going smaller up fwd.
Its all about rebound on the SCG. Big proportion of the scoreboard comes off fast rebound compared to other grounds. Get the Half Back mix right and thats half the game on this ground.
Our defence as unit has been reboundig well and it not all Hurn even tho Hurns killing it. Jetta has been pure shite since coming back in and hopefully does something week. Would like to see Mcgovern kicking back to its best as he can and does tear zones with his penerating kicks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good to have two decent non-Victorian teams on a Friday night though. Well done to the AFL for once
The cynic in me thinks the AFL saw the world cup was starting this weekend, and decided to not play their precious Vic sides because of that.

Hurn will be pivotal if gets of the chain then west coast are a huge chance. However Sydney will play someone on him to make him accountable

One thing to be overconfident, but geez that's pretty pessimistic lol. Yeah it was ordinary but consider the circumstances - we took the pedal off and were far from 100%. So the potential is there. It'd be more worrying if we tried our heart out and scraped over the line. Richmond were pretty flat too, are they gonna fall off a cliff too? I'm not greatly concerned, personally. I mean, even if we do drop off a bit, and win say 5 out of 10, 15 wins is still a decent result and beyond expectations. You don't get to 10 and 1 and suddenly fall off hugely - or rarely, aka North in 2016, but the holes were very evident in that North side. I don't see any gaping holes in our side this year. It remains to even be seen how we cover for Darls.
Def very pessimistic lets take one game at a time. We can beat Melbourne and the Giants at home. Geez Melbourne are not unbeatable they were well smacked by Collingwood. Lets take the Sydney game first and go from there.

Luvvin the draw. We get ranked as having received the toughest draw after the first 10 games, and now i just noticed we play 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th as our next 4 games. o_O
How does that happen ?

Still, its fantastic for us. The perfect draw.

Eagles were destined for the bottom 4. This was meant to be a gimmie game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back