Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon II - over 6500 days since EFC won a final / AC signs w NM, EFC implode / RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We used to enjoy a trip to the wreckers at Stonyford. Used to get some good stuff. I replaced the carpet in my car after a mate slashed his wrist and I drove him to hospital. Didn't clean the car the next day, which was about 40 degrees. The cookedl bood smell was a bit unpleasant (he survived).

I hope you always kept/keep a keen eye out for the tiger snakes there SoS. The Rises are renowned for their healthy population of tigers. Handy to have a good shovel with you when you go there. To lean on of course. :)

I hope you always kept/keep a keen eye out for the tiger snakes there SoS. The Rises are renowned for their healthy population of tigers. Handy to have a good shovel with you when you go there. To lean on of course. :)
I used to live at Simpson H. My dog attacked a tiger in our back yard that my younger brother was trying to pick up. The dog was bitten by the snake and didn't make it (that was over 55 years ago).

Last edited:

I reckon that it could be a matter of hours. A BAD decision GWS. They have brought into their club franchise, a person who chose to embark on a secret illicit PED regimen instead of training and development to bring about on-field success in order to make himself appear to be a star coach.

The most valuable life lessons that the next generation of GWS "stars" should be learning is on how to recognise and report those attempting to impose drug use in sporting clubs.

Or the dude has learnt from his mistakes and has fought off the mental demons that near destroyed him.
I'd prefer my view much better way to spend your days. I wish Hird the very best. Hope he's successful. This isn't a shot at you SOS. Just more of a generalisation.

The internet is a wonderful platform for judging others. I was watching a Peter Brock interview recently and something he said resonated with me. He stated he shouldn't know what you think of him, not his business. I liked that.

Have a grand day.

Or the dude has learnt from his mistakes and has fought off the mental demons that near destroyed him.
I'd prefer my view much better way to spend your days. I wish Hird the very best. Hope he's successful. This isn't a shot at you SOS. Just more of a generalisation.

The internet is a wonderful platform for judging others. I was watching a Peter Brock interview recently and something he said resonated with me. He stated he shouldn't know what you think of him, not his business. I liked that.

Have a grand day.
all well and good if he admits to what he did, but has he?

Have a grand day.
Normally I'd agree with you 100% about this but not in this one case. * Hird and * *.

What's the point of a sporting rivalry if you don't embrace it?

(The bolded bit is spot on tho.)

LOL no sympathy for people who voluntary contribute/consume performance enhancing drugs and intentionally ruin the integrity of the sport and that goes for any sport.

Have a grand day.
1642672929590.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you see angel number 6348, the message relates to the field of creativity and hobbiesand says that Very soon you will have an opportunity to make money on your hobby. Take this with due seriousness and try to use the chance to change your life to the maximum. After all, if everything works out, you will have a job that you can give yourself up to entirely, with joy and passion. Not everyone succeeds in it.

Well I think him attempting to take his own life speaks volumes for what he though of his situation. And the mistakes that he made.

We all make mistakes just for the majority they're not played out in the public domain.
I won't comment on the depth of his depression other than to say that I saw it as a likely possibility from very early on.

The point that I, Kraks and many others make is that many Essendon (there, I said it) people see him and the others as victims rather than perpetrators. There are plenty who blame Dank then applaud the actions of Hird.

Yep, we all make mistakes / let he without guilt cast the first stone etc. but that is not the point. The problem is that the AFL have allowed Hird to be employed in the AFL system at a franchise club they own none-the-less, when he's never acknowledged the wrong nor offere an explanation or apology.

I do believe in rehabilitation, redemption, forgiveness et-al by the way.

Oh dear...... 🙄
SEN host Dwayne Russell is extremely optimistic about Essendon heading into the 2022 season.

Russell has declared the Bombers, under senior coach Ben Rutten, can win the premiership this year “if the planets align”.

Oh dear......
SEN host Dwayne Russell is extremely optimistic about Essendon heading into the 2022 season.

Russell has declared the Bombers, under senior coach Ben Rutten, can win the premiership this year “if the planets align”.
January premiers! Giddy up!

Well I think him attempting to take his own life speaks volumes for what he though of his situation. And the mistakes that he made.

We all make mistakes just for the majority they're not played out in the public domain.
We all make mistakes but we all don't go organising a doping program that pumps * knows what into impressionable young blokes' bodies and then deny any responsibility.

The bit in the thread title that says "sympathy" isn't meant to be taken literally bro.

Oh dear...... 🙄

The planets only align about once a century, don't they? So, accurate assessment.

Disclaimer: I don't have a f***ing clue about how often the planets align. I just reckon it wouldn't be often.

The planets only align about once a century, don't they? So, accurate assessment.

Disclaimer: I don't have a f***ing clue about how often the planets align. I just reckon it wouldn't be often.
Well I reckon the prdiction for Dwayno is that Jupiter is lining up to Uranus and he won't be Saturn down comfortably by season's end with that prediction.

One calculation of alignments within around thirty degrees (about as close as they can get) shows that the last such alignment was in 561 BC, and the next will be in 2854. The eight planets plus Pluto are somewhat aligned every 500 years 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back