• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So catching up the game

Finch is cooked, Cummins not suited to the format

I would potentially look at

Green for Finch
Richardson for Cummins

They just won't drop Finch, I hate it too. Green for Cummins and I'm so tempted to leave Agar in.

I've mentioned it before Westy, Junior is on of the few Aussies who are prepared to make an honest call.
He called out the selection of Smiths weeks ago.

Even last night, Gavasker calls out Finch whilst the greatest fence sitter Gilly of all time says nothing.
Really miss Warney in the box.
Yeah I miss warney too :'(

Russel Arnold gave it to finchie last night

Gilly is too afraid to rock the boat

I've mentioned it before Westy, Junior is on of the few Aussies who are prepared to make an honest call.

Even last night, Gavasker calls out Finch whilst the greatest fence sitter Gilly of all time says nothing.

Gilly has really started to annoy me, over him. Be honest in your commentary.

Yeah I miss warney too :'(

Russel Arnold gave it to finchie last night

Gilly is too afraid to rock the boat

I've been so impressed with Arnold as a commentator he really calls it down the middle whether it's his team or the opposition

Junior is great for an honest opinion but Warne was way, way too biased toward his mates and against guys he didn't like for whatever childish reason on a personal level.

Junior is great for an honest opinion but Warne was way, way too biased toward his mates and against guys he didn't like for whatever childish reason on a personal level.
True, but at least he had the minerals to ask for change and question the selectors.

The "Vanilla Squad" of Gilly, Binger & Co is just terrible.

Has anyone ever had a longer international career as a batter (and to be fair with some success along the way) despite a horrendous technique than Aaron Finch. He really is a glorified axeman at the crease and it boggles the mind that he's ever made any runs or lasted as long as he has...his career is a testament to the power of juiced up modern bats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has a captain ever been sacked/dropped mid tournament? He'd have to come down with a mysterious injury I reckon. Bring Green in for Finch(mysterious injury) and Ellis/Richo for Cummins. Simply have to beat England then still boost that run rate.

Has a captain ever been sacked/dropped mid tournament? He'd have to come down with a mysterious injury I reckon. Bring Green in for Finch(mysterious injury) and Ellis/Richo for Cummins. Simply have to beat England then still boost that run rate.

The changes should have occurred before the 15th, why we need to carry Smith when he won't play is beyond me. Could have replaced him with Ellis before the 15th.

I agree Finch won't be dropped so Green for Cummins makes the most sense. Strengthens the batting, doesn't really harm the bowling. Can choose to open with him and Finch to four. Or, we could ask Warner to run out him out if he insists on opening. Hell, looked like he was trying just that last night, forcing Finch to run a few he clearly didn't want to.

Warner
Green
Marsh
Maxwell
Stonis
David
Wade
Agar
Starc
Zampa
Hazlewood

In: Green, Zampa
Out: Finch, Cummins

Would need selectors to be very bold for this to happen.

Tempted to replace David with Smith as well.

I agree Finch won't be dropped so Green for Cummins makes the most sense. Strengthens the batting, doesn't really harm the bowling. Can choose to open with him and Finch to four. Or, we could ask Warner to run out him out if he insists on opening. Hell, looked like he was trying just that last night, forcing Finch to run a few he clearly didn't want to.
lol

I didn't say it wasn't a discussion point, I said it was mind-numbing. The discussion lacks any level of nuance or consideration.
It's BF.

Of course you're going to get vitriolic and ridiculous comments.
Look at when MM was playing test cricket.
He got destroyed.

There has been some valid points about Finch mixed in with the outrageous ones.

I've yet to see one solid argument on why he should keep his spot.

As much as Finch shouldn't be in the side, the captain of the defending champs will not be dropped mid tournament. You could slot him down the order, but personally I'd rather see him at the top and just swinging at everything, if he goes out it is no great loss as better players will come in, if it comes off and he can score 30 odd off 15 or 20 balls, we will be off to flyer. I am sick of having poor power plays to start games, but Finch to the middle with the form he's in will just stunt all momentum we have when he comes in.

As much as Finch shouldn't be in the side, the captain of the defending champs will not be dropped mid tournament. You could slot him down the order, but personally I'd rather see him at the top and just swinging at everything, if he goes out it is no great loss as better players will come in, if it comes off and he can score 30 odd off 15 or 20 balls, we will be off to flyer. I am sick of having poor power plays to start games, but Finch to the middle with the form he's in will just stunt all momentum we have when he comes in.
He was swinging last night and hitting nothing in the middle of the bat

Back