Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
See… butters is very good… but I think he’s another one whos tyres have been massively overinflated in the media this year.

Just the same way rozee has been in the past..

Rozee is massively overrated and squib too..

Their whole team is chock full of players that are unbelievably overrated simply because they have a great record at beating up on the teams at the lower end of the ladder.

Excellent at skiing downhill… absolutely terrible when they come up against quality and just completely crumble under any sustained pressure.
A bit like how SPP was the next Dusty and then never really got that much better from his first season.

If it was 50/50 before this game... You'd think we're marginally in front now?

If Dawson’s reason for picking port over crows is due to wanting to play in a granny sooner rather than later then he’s backing the wrong horse.. and surely he can now see this.

Hopefully he also saw hinkleys horrid presser.. and the way their supporters treated Boak last night.

And if youre Dawson’s old man and you clearly would rather your son to play for the club you love and support.. you’d be hammering these points home to him to.

If youre his dad and your discussing it with him and he’s saying “but port are contenders at the moment” you’d be saying.. did you watch them last night?.. have you seen their record against top 4 or even top 8 side in recent times?… they are just as likely to end up coming 10th next season.

Port are miles off playing in a premiership let alone winning one..

The only other reason he’d pick port is if they have offered massive amounts of coin more than the crows.. and that wouldnt actually surprise me.. port have such a massive chip on their shoulder over the crows.

Hell, Chris Davies actually admitted to the world earlier this year that they actively school their players on the reason why they should hate the Crows!!.. WTF??.. talk about an insecurity.. it just proves the crows live in their entire clubs head rent free.

They will now go all out for Dawson just to continue their pathetic game of one upmanship and give their supporters something to forget last night over.

If they want to massively overpay for him or if he wants to allow himself to be sold, and believe, that he will taste premiership success at port.. and thats what makes him go and play for them.. well so be it.. no skin off our noses.

I can't help but think last night could sway the Dawson decision even a little bit.

Last night shows that Port are probably on the way down. The players that got them there (with a soft draw) aren't getting any better and any decline with that group will send them crashing down the ladder. If they got a tough draw, they are also in big strife.

Sure they might make up the numbers next year but after that I think they will tumble out of finals for a while.

Conversely, we are making all the right moves with our list, bringing in (or trying) to get a strong football department, and you can see a galvanised playing group.

Negatives to signing with us include that we wont be playing finals next year or probably the year after but after that I'd say we would be knocking on the door and hopefully we will have moved out of that dustpit construction site.

Also, if he signed with Port he would have to deal with Ken Hinkley and the Port nuffies who think the world is against them and trying to tear them apart.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No, he would have made his mind up prior to last night and now can’t go back.

It would also mean we didn’t offer enough.
Apparently Port Power had 5 years at $800K in their salary cap and tried to chased an elite midfielder who is actually the player they need more in Merrett, would you offer that for Dawson?

Last edited:
And that was a home prelim against an injury-riddled, much-travelled team coming off no break with a huge umpiring bias Port's way

Imagine how badly they'd have been destroyed in a grand final?

They dodged a bullet really. Silver lining for them
That should go in the membership drive

Apparently Port Power had 5 years at $800K in their salary cap and tried to chased an elite midfielder who they need in Merrett, would you offer that for Dawson?
I'm not sure they should.

They're a side full of mid-fwds, wingmen and flankers.

They're all icing and no cake currently.

They need more of the kinds of players that are the absolute bricks and mortar of a good side - genuine mids and key talls.

I'm not sure they should.

They're a side full of mid-fwds, wingmen and flankers.

They're all icing and no cake currently.

They need more of the kinds of players that are the absolute bricks and mortar of a good side - genuine mids and key talls.
Given they overpaid for Motlop, Dixon, Lycett and to some extend Rockliff in the past and after last night, I think they will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, he would have made his mind up prior to last night and now can’t go back.

It would also mean we didn’t offer enough.
Relax Alex, I dont think at this stage either Club has finalized their offers to Dawson.

I expect/hope we go a bit harder given our salary cap space.

Apparently Port Power had 5 years at $800K in their salary cap and tried to chased an elite midfielder who is actually the player they need more in Merrett, would you offer that for Dawson?
All depends

Dies Dawson prefer to play HB / Wing?

Port next year definitely need more pure midfield / centre bounce options...

Port need a good news story after last night, maybe they will throw out a ridiculous offer to Dawson.....

With that said, I assume that both clubs would have already tabled their offers to Dawson...... hopefully with Port being in the Finals Nicks has already had the opportunity to have couple of chats to the player

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back