Injury Talia fractured shin - cat caught speeding taking Talia to the Doctor

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this what he did in the previous game?

We got told that the 'foot injury he'd been carrying since preseason' had flared up. Then he was a late out vs Geelong. Was he a late out due to the foot or shin?

Or is this a brand new injury sustained in between recovering from his foot and now?
I mean they say it occured during training, which is entirely possible.

However it is hard to believe anything they say.

Talia has not broken his leg. You would be surprised how often people have cracks in their bones and get on with things just fine.
I was using some poetic licence for effect but I think you'll find a crack in any bone, even a minor one, is actually a fracture or 'break'

I was using some poetic licence for effect but I think you'll find a crack in any bone, even a minor one, is actually a fracture or 'break'
And there are different degrees of injury, some requiring days to heal, some weeks and longer.

Even with all the sneakiness with injury reporting this year, I would bank on Talia having the former, perhaps even to the degree of being able to play with pain killers.

And there are different degrees of injury, some requiring days to heal, some weeks and longer.

Even with all the sneakiness with injury reporting this year, I would bank on Talia having the former, perhaps even to the degree of being able to play with pain killers.
don't disagree with any of that but technically he still has a broken leg

don't disagree with any of that but technically he still has a broken leg
A crack is not quite the same as a broken bone. Like a 'cracked' glass versus a broken glass. The difference mainly no displacement of any fragments, just a crack being the bone is not as tightly bound as normal.
A crack technically is more preferred than a break in the bone. However in the leg, a cracked bone/splints/stress fracture...whatever you want to call it, the leg needs proper rest otherwise the crack can become a break. Not worth playing with pain killers in this instance as there is a serious risk of making it worse.

What a year we are having.
Trump. Putin. Coal making a comeback. Politically correct simpletons expending their meagre vegan energies being outraged. Talia needing his cat to run him to emergency.

Quite the time to be alive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To think we can win anything meaningful this year is madness.

But we can make top 8. Until we cant the club will continue to try.

I dont think the club is concerned moving up a spot or 2 in the draft (wouldve tanked vs Cats if doing that) because I donr think we will take our exact picks to the draft anyway.

We may as well have a fighting go for even rhe smallest chance than just give up for the sake of a few spots in a deep draft that we will probably trade a fair bit in.

Im not saying we wont be on your train of thought if we lose this weekend, but until we do we are still chasing a flag from a club perspective.

To think we can win anything meaningful this year is madness.

Wrong. To give up when a genuine chance of winning a flag is in our reach is madness. We have good players who have been missing, out of form, or playing injured. There is a more than reasonable chance that we can get close to a full team together over the next 6 weeks. There is also a good chance that we can stay alive long enough to get everyone fully fit and play ourselves into form in that time.

We make finals. We can win a flag. Madness to raise the white flag now.

Last edited:
Talia gets kick to shin in game.

Shin above the foot he's been carrying an injury with

Foot flares up due to weaker leg

Shin then takes more stress

Club not wanting to much out about it.

Next time he plays foot gets stood on shin gets kicked.

That's all folks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back