Votes: 105 59.3%
  • State team design but logo instead of map

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Something completely original

Votes: 32 18.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1923318
I've flipped and flopped on what I think the best course of action would be.
The allure of something new and shiny is quite attractive...
But let's be real, the Map jumper is one of the best of all time, and nothing they come up with through an explorative branding project is going to come close. The map stands up equal right next to the league's timeless stripes, hoops, sashes, yokes... can the same be said for Gold Coast and GWS?

My main hope now is that they opt for a stylised variant of the map - more akin to the old knitted style.
In recent years the map has been akin to a vector map of Tasmania, straight out of a wikipedia article, like this:
View attachment 1923328
It should be an emblem that represents Tasmania, not a literal topographical map.
Could it not just be this but instead of the map make it a shield? The island is already preeeeety close to a shield shape anyway. Change the T to a TFC monogram to boot if you like.

Seems like the best option to me.

Surely they are not going with the Tassie map with the T or a variation of it. Looks archaic straight out of the 1950's.

revealed as the 'foundation jumper' .... might be nothing ..... might be something

expect its more of a marketing effort at this point to get the state on board from the outset - a more permanent design choice will reveal itself down the track (even after their first/second season in the comp)

[edit] .... great logo and colour scheme ..... top marks there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little disappointed in the jumper, but the above are probably right, they'll tweak it...

The red needs darkening, kinda like the paint job on the cheap Gibson ripoff Aria doubleneck I bought decades ago...supposed to be the deep burgundy Jimmy Page had on his, but it had more in common with a saveloy...if you understood any part of this sentence, you are very cool...

Underwhelming for a launch of a 'new' AFL side.

Happy with Devils (it always was going that way).

State jumper, no, it's not a state of origin team that will run out on day one. I'm with the majority here and believe it will be something else come 2028 or whenever.

Logo is good anyone saying it's bad has no idea.
The jumper could have been better but it will most likely be improved with time.
Anyway guys jump on board! great for the competition.

Back