teams you have a soft spot for

Remove this Banner Ad

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ive always had a soft spot for St.Kilda and to a lesser extent Melbourne. Its really been these 2 teams.

As for interstate its the Sydney Swans.

But interstate teams i feel are just AFL plastic inventions thats all and are all round fake and always been.

Like Footscray too.

The rest are take it or leave it.

hope Melbourne win the cup.

Im a Collingwood man

Ive always had a soft spot for St.Kilda and to a lesser extent Melbourne. Its really been these 2 teams.

As for interstate its the Sydney Swans.

But interstate teams i feel are just AFL plastic inventions thats all and are all round fake and always been.

Like Footscray too.

The rest are take it or leave it.

hope Melbourne win the cup.

Im a Collingwood man

Though you had a soft spot for richmond?

GWS, Really i just like their colours, I feel like while they are a "plastic" club they are much more then Gold Coast
Melbourne, Great Uncle went for them, Feel their finals pain

Dont start me.

With my most hated however it all depends on the year times we live.

Since 2017-now its richmond.

But give me another year or time and ill tell you most hated team.

Was born in 1977 so missed all of those Carlton Grand final losses and they dont feature was too young in 79,81.

The only thing i hate about North Melbourne is that Collingwood should have won the flag in 1977 the year i was born.

I liked North when Wayne Carey was playing for them in the mid late 1990s

Didnt hate any team in 1980's. Probably the usual suspects in the blues and bombers.

1990 it was West Coast,Hawthorn and Essendon i hated really hated west coast then the only real chances to win the flag in 1990.

After 1990 did not hate anyone blues bombers.

Come 2002 -2003 was brisbane lions.

Then 2011 Geelong.

Never liked geelong either they are grubs.

2012-2015 Hawthorn and those boring 3 peat flags. At least Collingwood wasnt in the GF.

2018 Hated West coast and richmond.

2017 and 2019 and 2020 Richmond.

2021 richmond again.

Dont hate any team aprat from the cats this finals.

As said.

My soft spots st.kilda and dees.

Pies are absolutely my "second" team, it was a 50/50 choice between them and north when i moved to aus but for some reason my dad forbade me from supporting collingwood.

Other than that, generally will support whichever team is the underdog on the day

I like the Swans because my Dad used to go for them when I was growing up so I watched just as many Sydney games as Port games from 2005-2007 when my childhood heroes Barry Hall and Adam Goodes played. When I'd get footy cards, I'd only care about the Port and Swans players. My Dad has since converted to a Port supporter since he hasn't lived in NSW for over 20 years now :laughing:

I also have a soft spot for Carlton because I've never seen them be successful and the first game I ever saw at AAMI Stadium was Port flogging them. Seeing the Blues on the fixture always meant an easy win and as of Round 22 this year, that doesn't seem to have changed. I love how resilient their supporters are given the last 2 decades.

Love the Sainters. Old man barracks for them. Grew up in Moorabbin and still remember buying badges from the crusty old birds on the way into the game. Especially love seeing them saint kilda pussies get thumped. Nothing better than sitting with the old man at the G with a cold beer on a sunny afternoon watching whoever passes as a midfielder at the Saint Kildas get ragdolled by Perracca then saying to my dad: “saint kildas could have had petracca you know. don’t worry though, i’m sure paddy will come good, kpfs just take longer to develop i think...”. After we get our flag i‘ll be cheering on the Saints to get one.

Other side of my family are North die-hards as are a lot of my mates so I like them too. Big soft spot for any smaller clubs really, it’s an uneven comp and the big clubs get a lot of advantages over the rest.

Hated GWS with a passion but they’ve got some ripper posters here so I have a bit of a soft spot for them too now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bulldogs - Lived in Newport in 2016. Lots of mates who are Doggies supporters

GWS - Like seeing how they’ve built the club and developed a good culture and churned out stacks of talented players in their short history. Also one of the few who loves Toby Greene

Port - Anointed them as my second team as a kid for whatever reason. One of my favourite memories was watching Byron Pickett rip the Lions apart in the 2004 Grand Final. Robbie Gray has also been one of my favourite players since he was drafted. Knew he was going to be a gun watching him in the ‘06 TAC Cup Grand Final. Reckon he was as good as Ablett in 2014.

Sydney... the early 2000s rivalry built into one of mutual respect. It helped that we split the grand finals 1-1, if we'd lost both, probably wouldn't be able to stand them. The premiership drought also made losing the first grand final hurt a little less.

Dont start me.

With my most hated however it all depends on the year times we live.

Since 2017-now its richmond.

But give me another year or time and ill tell you most hated team.

Was born in 1977 so missed all of those Carlton Grand final losses and they dont feature was too young in 79,81.

The only thing i hate about North Melbourne is that Collingwood should have won the flag in 1977 the year i was born.

I liked North when Wayne Carey was playing for them in the mid late 1990s

Didnt hate any team in 1980's. Probably the usual suspects in the blues and bombers.

1990 it was West Coast,Hawthorn and Essendon i hated really hated west coast then the only real chances to win the flag in 1990.

After 1990 did not hate anyone blues bombers.

Come 2002 -2003 was brisbane lions.

Then 2011 Geelong.

Never liked geelong either they are grubs.

2012-2015 Hawthorn and those boring 3 peat flags. At least Collingwood wasnt in the GF.

2018 Hated West coast and richmond.

2017 and 2019 and 2020 Richmond.

2021 richmond again.

Dont hate any team aprat from the cats this finals.

As said.

My soft spots st.kilda and dees.
For a guy in your 40's you're very emotional about a sport. More important things in life than to hate certain sporting franchises.

I grudging theoretical respect for other teams winning. I can appreciate their football. It's just in each particular case i have logical, deep seated reasons why I dislike THAT particular team. I don't dislike them as a group. It's individual. For quite logical reasons. For their past indiscretions and crimes. I not against all other teams, just each team I have good reasons for disliking. Serious well thought out reasons on good logical histrical case.

Teams I have a grudging respect for,

Hmm.

University, Fitzroy,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back