Thank god you are here.

Remove this Banner Ad

They have to stop changing the cast. Most of them are rubbish.

Cal Wilson and Julia Zemiro do just fine. Surely Ten could find some half decent stand-up comics wandering around Melbourne instead of repeatedly going back to Fifi Box/Kate Langbroek/Julia Morris/etc.?

As compared to other females, agree entirely. As compared to funny males, not in the same ballpark. Both those would stand taller if pitted against the likes of Nish and that loser from the Wedge each week, but put them up against Josh, Angus, Hamish etc , they'd barely raise a smirk.

Went and saw Die hard last night because i wasnt expecting much from that group. Next weeks looks very good

Tony Martin
Cal Wilson
Stephen Curry
Carl Barron

Could very well make up for last night.
Sounds like a great bunch. Can't wait to see Carl Baron. I'm not sure whether this would be his type of show or not.

As for last night.. Just woeful. The actual scenes were so boring. Nish was crap, but there wouldn't be many who could do anything with what he was given. Fifi has just about had her last chance you would think.

I don't understand why people want Tom and Shane gone - they just do their job to make the show work. Of course Tom isn't going to come out and say "you were terrible". But Shane Bourne's obsession with repeating anything that anyone says along with a "that's gold" and a look to the audience, is mighty annoying.

The scenes given to Merrick and Nish I thought were ordinary. The awards show idea seemed to attempt to push the envelope a bit. Nish isn't the best performer for Thank God, but he wasn't helped by the situation he was given. Next week will be back to normal, I expect Barron to nail it. Wilson, meh, Martin will be giving a better skit than the awful cricket one, and Curry knows what he's doing, so all suggesting its run its day, wait till after next week's show.

I'm going against the tide here but I actually enjoyed last night's show. It was way better than last week.

I actually thought Nish and Merrick were quite good.

The show would be swell if Bourne would stop touching people and bursting out randomly with maniacal laughter!

The show was pretty poor, luckily I was forewarned about it so I didn't go in with high expectations.

Franklin was alright but he has done the "War" sort of thing before, and I thought it was strange when he went to the Target gag the actors completely brought him back on another track.

Nish wasn't great, he is a very funny Stand Up comedian, he was in a FHM Funniest New Stand Up competition, I just don't think improv is his suite.

Fifi was shithouse, just has no idea of what comedy is and doesn't know how to work it.

Merrick was average again, seems like he has gone back to his stuttery type of comedy whereas he didn't do that when he started off with TGYH.

watched it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and again last week and quite enjoyed it. Tonight was just a train wreck.

I found myself trying to find humour in the situation, best I could come with as a summation was

"3 dicks and a token box"

I probably won't be invited on then? ;)

Has Tom ever said anyone was no good?
Season 1, he said of Fifi "It was like watching Homer Simpson, you were trying to think of something to say but nothing came out"

Watching Fifi I think shes been trying to copy some of the more succesful people from the show, mainly Josh Lawson. What she tried to do straight off was take the skit in a different direction and try and test the regular actors, something the best skits usually involve. Unfortunately for her she isn't good enough to pull something like that off, and suffered for it. However, I give her full credit for trying to make it more interesting.

I am geting really annoyed however with the regular cast. I know their job is to keep iot on track but often they bring it back and it ruins what could have been a very funny sketch. The main guy often gets a certain line going and then they go back to their half written script with the obvious punch line gaps for the performer to fill in.

It was a pretty poor night on Wednesday, however, Merrick had a sh*thouse sketch to work with, as did Nish (who is he?), Fifi's wasn't great either and Bobs was just ok. I thought they were pretty poor scenarios really and a waste of time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nish wasn't great, he is a very funny Stand Up comedian, he was in a FHM Funniest New Stand Up competition, I just don't think improv is his suite.

Does his comedy acts just include stero-typical indian sort of jokes? Or does he break away from that?

Does his comedy acts just include stero-typical indian sort of jokes? Or does he break away from that?
No he doesn't just do Indian jokes, even though he is Sri Lankan, he has good stand-up humour, just isn't great at improv.

Carl Barron?? He's a funny guy, but I thought he struggled out there. Not sure what people saw in his performance.

Thought the other 3 were quite good. Cal had the huge advantage of being the first female to appear after Fifi Box... very easy to look funny by comparison.

Steven Curry is a funny guy, found him to be the best of the lot. Someone at Ten should bone Rove, and give Steven his own show in that slot. Think it would be ideal for someone like him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back