The “Bloody hell I miss footy” thread

Remove this Banner Ad

not sure

Wonder Woman was hyped up so hard, I watched it and thought this is what they are hyping?

It's not a bad movie, the best thing about it for me was that an action movie with a female super hero made money which means hollywood will do it again
There was a release of an entirely different S2 in 2006. Only 30% of his ended up in the Lester version

There was a release of an entirely different S2 in 2006. Only 30% of his ended up in the Lester version
just read up on it, huh i always thought one and two were all Donner, that will learn me for not watching them for years

now i have to find it and watch it

I miss footy very much.

Been reading good fiction again (positive), been watching old TV series again (not so positive).

Local video Ezy closing down, selling stock. Bought all the Cheers series discs they had. Abit pathetic of me? Maybe. But taking a break from all your worries, sure does help alot.

Also bought a few Jim Jarmusch movies. Can recommend "Only Lovers Left Alive" for a quirky take on Vampires that does NOT involve teenage forbidden love.

Walked through Rebel Sports the other day and could not stop myself from picking up the imitation Sherrin and bouncing down an aisle.

I miss footy very much.

Been reading good fiction again (positive), been watching old TV series again (not so positive).

Local video Ezy closing down, selling stock. Bought all the Cheers series discs they had. Abit pathetic of me? Maybe. But taking a break from all your worries, sure does help alot.

Hmmm, West Ryde Video Ezy is closing down. Mind you, I have not set foot in a video Ezy store for 20 years, and TBH, I am surprised they lasted this long.

Go Netflix. Cheaper than the cost of a weekly visit to Video Ezy. ;)

Hmmm, West Ryde Video Ezy is closing down. Mind you, I have not set foot in a video Ezy store for 20 years, and TBH, I am surprised they lasted this long.

Go Netflix. Cheaper than the cost of a weekly visit to Video Ezy. ;)
the issue with Netflix is they don't really give a stuff about making old content available
there is a massive catalog of classic tv and movies that they or the other services could have for cheap but their model is signing up new subsribers so they put all their money into their own programs like Stanger Things, The Grand Tour etc

we need a classics streaming service

the issue with Netflix is they don't really give a stuff about making old content available
there is a massive catalog of classic tv and movies that they or the other services could have for cheap but their model is signing up new subsribers so they put all their money into their own programs like Stanger Things, The Grand Tour etc

Might help if we at least got the same content as is available in the US. There are other options of course, with HBO and Hulu. Not available in OZ but with a VPN you can do almost anything, so I am led to believe.

just read up on it, huh i always thought one and two were all Donner, that will learn me for not watching them for years

now i have to find it and watch it
They were certainly meant to both be Donner flics. It’s hilarious how it all came down to Brando’s pay cheque

Yeah I want to watch it too. Not on YouTube that I can see. Drat

I miss footy very much.

Also bought a few Jim Jarmusch movies. Can recommend "Only Lovers Left Alive" for a quirky take on Vampires that does NOT involve teenage forbidden love.

Walked through Rebel Sports the other day and could not stop myself from picking up the imitation Sherrin and bouncing down an aisle.

Haven’t seen that JJ film. Might check it out

giphy.gif

I miss footy very much.

When you get through cheers (that show will never date) and Jarmusch and other great directors, I have a second hand auto-biography you can pick up for a hot price that i think is in your wheelhouse. Hard copy edition too.

I`m busying myself listening to old audio of Patrice O`Neil. I only discovered him last month.

Have been watching a few old games. Our entire 2013 finals series is on YouTube.

That qualifying final against sydney is awesome to watch - and you can see the standard of footy has dropped since then. The swans, even though we beat them by 50 points, were tough and hard right to the end. Any time we took the foot off the pedal slightly they would get a goal.

Was interesting to see Tom Mitchell in swans colours - his disposal has improved out of sight.

It wouldn’t last though.

Most people who have Netflix would have/had FOXTEL where all the re-runs get played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would need some kind of doping to enjoy BvS though.
What a horrid movie that was.

I literally laughed out loud and then had to rewind and make sure I had saw what I thought I saw when the big turning point between B&S wanting to kill each other was that their mother had the same name.

That was just beyond dumb/bad/horrible/stupid.

It wouldn’t last though.

Most people who have Netflix would have/had FOXTEL where all the re-runs get played.
foxtel hasn't had a legit streaming service for ever, maybe they finally do now with their rebranding of to Foxtel Now, I don't know, but the point is to get those old shows you have to pay way more than netflix or stan or amazon

and if Netflix and Amazon kill cable then we may never see the old shows again as it doesn't suit their current business model

that said if they do kill off the competition they might just gut that stuff thrown in with the popular shows they want

I literally laughed out loud and then had to rewind and make sure I had saw what I thought I saw when the big turning point between B&S wanting to kill each other was that their mother had the same name.

I know I totally decide who my arch nemesis is based on the name of their mother

Wait, Batman's mum's name is Lara?

Watched this yesterday:

Rd 1, 1990, Hawks v Cats.

Amazing to watch Dunstall, Brereton together playing at their peak. We didn't have Platten, Schwab or Dipper playing - but was an awesome game.

Given it's a single game it's easy to see someone play a blinder and think they always played that way, but the things that stood out for me:
- Ayres, Langford, Brereton, Ablett, Pritchard hit every pack really hard, whether they won the footy or not.
- The 'no frontal contact' rule in footy has changed it more than anything, this game highlights how much it's changed. (And I think it's a bullshit rule anyway - Gibbo got pinged way too many times when he punched ball only but from a 'front' direction).
- Pritchard stands out as a premier wingman. Skill was beyond anyone else's, Dunstall lights up every time Pritchard is forward of centre
- Brereton and Ayres do a LOT of stuff off the ball. So many times you see a glimpse of them laying a very late bump as the camera goes elsewhere.
- Bruce's commentary really hasn't changed in 30 years.
- The game is pure chaos - skills are ATROCIOUS from both sides. It's genuinely surprising when a target is hit by foot.
- Tuck is a freak - looks 90 years old in this clip, tagged Couch out of the game.
- Forward line of Morris, Brereton and Whitman made it hard to tell people apart at times.
- Paul Dear plays like Roughead when he's on the ball.
- There are a number of passages in the second half that are closely reminiscent of the 13-15 hawks. Lots of tap ons, link up play from half back through the wing and to a leading forward (but not the corridor).
- Ablett is better than I remember. I used to think he was a bit of a 'get 100 chances a game, nail a few of them, get called a hero'. But he was pretty damn good.

I'm adopting the Minimalist approach to my household - husband and kids first thing to go. The dog stays

In all seriousness I can't believe how much crap I have that I just don't use.

Watched this yesterday:

Rd 1, 1990, Hawks v Cats.

Amazing to watch Dunstall, Brereton together playing at their peak. We didn't have Platten, Schwab or Dipper playing - but was an awesome game.

Given it's a single game it's easy to see someone play a blinder and think they always played that way, but the things that stood out for me:
- Ayres, Langford, Brereton, Ablett, Pritchard hit every pack really hard, whether they won the footy or not.
- The 'no frontal contact' rule in footy has changed it more than anything, this game highlights how much it's changed. (And I think it's a bullshit rule anyway - Gibbo got pinged way too many times when he punched ball only but from a 'front' direction).
- Pritchard stands out as a premier wingman. Skill was beyond anyone else's, Dunstall lights up every time Pritchard is forward of centre
- Brereton and Ayres do a LOT of stuff off the ball. So many times you see a glimpse of them laying a very late bump as the camera goes elsewhere.
- Bruce's commentary really hasn't changed in 30 years.
- The game is pure chaos - skills are ATROCIOUS from both sides. It's genuinely surprising when a target is hit by foot.
- Tuck is a freak - looks 90 years old in this clip, tagged Couch out of the game.
- Forward line of Morris, Brereton and Whitman made it hard to tell people apart at times.
- Paul Dear plays like Roughead when he's on the ball.
- There are a number of passages in the second half that are closely reminiscent of the 13-15 hawks. Lots of tap ons, link up play from half back through the wing and to a leading forward (but not the corridor).
- Ablett is better than I remember. I used to think he was a bit of a 'get 100 chances a game, nail a few of them, get called a hero'. But he was pretty damn good.

Brilliant game, was just rubbing the Handbaggers faces in the dirt after the previous September.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back