Analysis The 2016 Supercoach Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drop in scoring is because he is palming it off rather than doing his 3-bounce runs. Gameplan related and will not change. Doubt he is worth holding.

I've looked at TMac closely as well, as a potential out for my Jesse Lonergan situation. But, three things:
1. He's a confidence player who's confidence takes a hit a couple of times a game due to bad turnovers, because his kicking is sometimes very poor.
2. With the above, and having mobile half backs who can actually kick the ball around him (e.g. Christian Salem), he's more likely, and I'm sure encouraged, to give the ball off to one of those rather than kick it himself.
3. Our midfield is starting to gel and we're pressing up higher and with more consistent intensity. So our back line isn't seeing as much of the ball, and when they they do it's often on a fast counterattack after a turnover, and that puts defense at a disadvantage re positioning and structuring up.

That said, he's reading the play well and holding his marks. So he may get on a roll at some point and back himself more. I'm waiting to see that happen first, though.

Thanks for the info. I will strongly consider trading. If you see improvement from him in the coming weeks, you know it's because he's left my team and should see that as a signal to get him in to yours. :rolleyes:

Thoughts on what role Kennedy will play today?

As a midfielder or small forward?

If it's a bit of both, what proportion of his time is likely to be in the midfield?

Cheers

If it's a bit of both, what proportion of his time is likely to be in the midfield?

Cheers

High half forward, he won't spend much time in centre square setups but he'll follow the ball around a lot. I'd say his output will be 12-20 possessions and 0-3 goals as a guess.

Cheers
I reckon you'll be looking at about 65-80 points today. If it wasn't for gray and Fyfe he'd have been in the firing line to go this week for petracca. Pending injuries he'll probably be traded from my team next week to bring in a premium.

Was there a role change for Vince last week?
Seemed to be spending a lot of time deep in defence which affected his scoring.
Wondering if that was a one-off due to the strength of Adelaide's forward line.

Was there a role change for Vince last week?
Seemed to be spending a lot of time deep in defence which affected his scoring.
Wondering if that was a one-off due to the strength of Adelaide's forward line.
Has had a few different roles this year.
1. Out of defence/setting up.
2. Midfield tagger.
3. Off the chain in the middle. (His high scoring SC games)

Has had a few different roles this year.
1. Out of defence/setting up.
2. Midfield tagger.
3. Off the chain in the middle. (His high scoring SC games)

Hmmm... thanks for the reply.

Might go for Boyd/Kelly instead as they seem to have pretty well defined roles and consistent scoring (this is for AFL Fantasy where Vince and Kelly have def eligibility).

Hey guys,

What is Grimes' job security like now he's finally managed to crack the team?

Thanks
Wouldn't say it's great. Roos tends to play favorites at the selection table and clearly Grimes isn't amongst them. Unless he can put together a really solid 4 or so weeks, I could easily see one mediocre performance would have him back in the twos.

Hello Dees. Who has the better job security form here on in - Kennedy or Petracca?

Need one of them for my M9/F7 bench cover

Overall I'd definitely say Petracca, but there's a possibility that Petracca may be rested this week I reckon. Not that I've heard anything along those lines, but he just looked flat in Darwin on Saturday night and would've played ten straight games, albeit with a bye, basically as a first year player. I think they might rest 2-3 of those young guys after Darwin.

He's actually looked pretty flat since the bye. Averaging 77.1 before the bye and then has gone 53 and 52.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SC_2016.png

Sorry to intrude boys,

Keepers fantasy question?

How do we see Salem prospects? This year and beyond. Will he settle as a back or forward with mid time?? Is he 85-90 type fantasy player??

Thanks for any help

Sorry to intrude boys,

Keepers fantasy question?

How do we see Salem prospects? This year and beyond. Will he settle as a back or forward with mid time?? Is he 85-90 type fantasy player??

Thanks for any help

I'd be wanting to see him string some games together first. He's silk, but hasn't had great continuity in his footy thus far and that makes him a risk. If he did manage 16+ games for the season though, I'd expect him to be around the 90ppg mark in SuperCoach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back