The 2019 NBA Conference Finals thread. Milwaukee Bucks vs Toronto Raptors & Golden State Warriors vs Portland Trailblazers

Remove this Banner Ad

SunGirl89

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Thoughts on Durant? GSW would hope to start 2-0 to buy some time and not bring KD back sooner than they need to.

SunGirl89

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Every game from here on will be shown live on ESPN, Foxtel and Kayo Sports.

WEST
@ GSW, Wed 15th @ 1100
@ GSW, Fri 17th @ 1100
@ POR, Sun 19th @ 1100
@ POR, Tue 21st @ 1100
@ GSW, Thu 23rd @ 1100
@ POR, Sat 25th @ 1100
@ GSW, Mon 27th @ 1100

EAST
@ MIL, Thu 16th @ 1030
@ MIL, Sat 18th @ 1030
@ TOR, Mon 20th @ 0900
@ TOR, Wed 22nd @ 1030
@ MIL, Fri 24th @ 1030
@ TOR, Sun 26th @ 1030
@ MIL, Tue 28th @ 1030

The last time Portland made the WCFs was in 2000 against the LA Lakers. Portland batted deep and was everyones team to use on NBA live.

C: Sabonis
F: Wallace
F: Pippen
G: S Smith
G: Stoudamire
----------------
C: O'Neal, J
F: Grant, B
F: Schrempf
G: Wells
G: Anthony

Portand gave the Lakers problems as Pippen used his knowledge of the triangle to disrupt the Lakers triangle. But in arguably the greatest comeback in QCF history, this happened.

Portland aim to erase the demons against the defending champs.....

Anyone think Portland have a chance?

I think if dubs turn it on this could be a sweep, purely cos of the match ups

Kanter in the pick and roll will allow dubs any shot they want
If the Blazer bench produces like they did today then yes.

Winning a game 7 on the road would have to give you a serious lift

Interesting to see that the Raps have already beaten the Bucks in Milwaukee despite Giannis having 43 and 18 and the Raps didn’t have Lowry or Gasol (yet to join team). Withstood 49% shooting and 14 3-balls from the Bucks.

I think Dubs make Kanter pretty much unplayable as they did with Capela.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

djrossie16

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

A resilient bunch. See Kanter for example.
A few years back when they semi blew up their squad I never thought they'd bounce back so quickly to prominence but they've done a hell of a job building depth on their roster around Lillard and CJ. I reckon they have enough fire power and self belief to make it a hard one at least. The health of Rodney Hood is critical. He has been enormous in some big playoff moments for them.

A lot of good storylines like the Curry family and lol remember this:

During an appearance on McCollum’s podcast last summer, Durant laughed at McCollum when McCollum suggested that the Blazers could win a championship. Later asked on Twitter about the interaction, McCollum called Durant’s decision to join the Warriors “soft,” to which Durant responded, “U think that low of me CJ? I just did your f— podcast. Snakes in the grass boy I tell ya.”

Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
Wouldn’t be surprised if the KD injury is worse than they are making it out to be and he misses this entire series. Warriors should get it done without him. Warriors in 5.

Raptors were my tip out of the East pre-playoffs but that Philly series was concerning. Kawhi was extraordinary, Siakam was decent enough. Hardly got anything out of the others. The support cast will have to step up big time because the Bucks look very good right now. Bucks in 6.

Does Toronto use Kawhi on GA the whole series?
Nope. I’d be running Ibaka at him a fair bit. The longer the defender the better. It’s the only thing that has a chance of slowing him down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back