List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong want top 10 pick giants want green. We give 3 to giants for 6 and Bonar or Finlayson , give 6 to Geelong for 14 and 17?
You're effectively judging bonar/finlayson as pick 15-20. It's got to be something we can't say no to. Bonar has already been described as being available for a mid to late second by giants list manager Jason McCarthy. If giants want 3, which effectively gives them 2 of the top 5 picks in the draft (a team who just made the gf) then they will need to offer something a whole heap more.

I like the idea, if we can get 2 mid first rounders and 1 top 15 player, I agree. Just not sure bonar or finlayson are the ones. As I said, this trade gives gws 2 top 5 picks in essence, so unless we make ourselves considerably stronger, and I'm talking Caldwell, Daniels or even hately/ohallaran and a top 30 pick, then take 3 to the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugh. I guess we're banking on the Hawks falling in a heap next year, rather than Frostball carrying them into the top 4...
At best we’d be getting pick 20. At worst it could blow out to the 40s. There has to be something going on behind the scenes for the club to be so willing to move on a best 22 player.

If the Hawks are allegedly paying him big coin, we should've used that as leverage! But no, instead we basically said we barely rate Frost as a best 22 player and was easily replaceable.

I reckon that second-round pick will end up around 33 next year. I could see Hawthorn finished 5th-8th. Our future fourth would be in the 60s or 70s. If we use that:

Out: Frost, 42, 61, Pick 60-70
In: 50, 33

Why did we add the fourth and future fourth? Surely Frost + 42 for 50 + 33 would be enough - and even for that i'd still feel robbed.

I reckon that second-round pick will end up around 33 next year. I could see Hawthorn finished 5th-8th. Our future fourth would be in the 60s or 70s. If we use that:

Out: Frost, 42, 61, Pick 60-70
In: 50, 33

Why did we add the fourth and future fourth? Surely Frost + 42 for 50 + 33 would be enough - and even for that i'd still feel robbed.
I highly doubt hawks make finals, but even still it's 28 at best with academy and everything.

I'm trying to park my outrage until the end of the trade period for this, as right now this looks horrendous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back